League One Reading FC

oooh I dunno about that ... anything could happen with Ince in control

They weren't scoring so many before his return but now they are scoring plenty and that points gap is really starting to stretch.

If they get relegated that £1.5 million rent for the ground is going to hurt without championship tv money. I should imagine they still have a better deal than us when it comes to use of the ground and concessions though as who doesn’t.

Obviously I don't expect the EFL to ever actually apply any of their rules.....

.....but isn't the standing rule for Championship clubs that they can only lose £39m over the course of three seasons?

So if Reading lost £42m in 2020, and £36m in 2021......wouldn't they then need to turn a profit of £39m in 2022 to comply!?!
(and good luck with that on average revenues of under £20m)

I'm sure there have been some Covid allowances written in, but they do appear to be taking the P**s.
It's just particularly laughable that despite all that, they're still struggling to stave off relegation.

.....but isn't the standing rule for Championship clubs that they can only lose £39m over the course of three seasons?

So if Reading lost £42m in 2020, and £36m in 2021......wouldn't they then need to turn a profit of £39m in 2022 to comply!?!

I'm sure there have been some Covid allowances written in, but they do appear to be taking the P**s.
It's just particularly laughable that despite all that, they're still struggling to stave off relegation.
Double relegate them I say ....not that the EFL will

Think they did some creative accounting with their ground which got them some breathing room, was that counted? plus there was the points deduction this season as well.

I hope they get relegated
So do I the problem is there s**t but the teams below them are even shitter I would like Barnsley to stay up and reading to get relegated but can't see it

Think they did some creative accounting with their ground which got them some breathing room, was that counted? plus there was the points deduction this season as well.

Yep. Plus only 6 points deducted, I'm not sure how bad it has to be for the full 12 points to be deducted considering what Derby did.

Yep. Plus only 6 points deducted, I'm not sure how bad it has to be for the full 12 points to be deducted considering what Derby did.
From what I remember, they did a plea deal with the EFL and copped to the 6 points, the EFL then didn't spend money pursuing it further - can't remember the reasoning behind it though. Got off very lightly.

From what I remember, they did a plea deal with the EFL and copped to the 6 points, the EFL then didn't spend money pursuing it further - can't remember the reasoning behind it though. Got off very lightly.

The reason behind it will be the usual FL incompetence. :(

The reason behind it will be the usual FL incompetence. :(
To be fair, I'm a little more understanding of the EFL limitations since listening to a few Price of Football pods on how they are funded. The organisation is basically funded by the 72 EFL members, and they give as little money as possible to the EFL as every pound they give to the administrators is of course a pound that isn't in their collective pockets. This results in the EFL not really having the resources needed to do some of their work. The whole governance of football in this country needs a shake-up.

To be fair, I'm a little more understanding of the EFL limitations since listening to a few Price of Football pods on how they are funded. The organisation is basically funded by the 72 EFL members, and they give as little money as possible to the EFL as every pound they give to the administrators is of course a pound that isn't in their collective pockets. This results in the EFL not really having the resources needed to do some of their work. The whole governance of football in this country needs a shake-up.

The problem is that failure to enforce the actual penalty is making more work for them in the long term as there is no real disincentive to cheat bar financial implosion like Derby.

Back
Top Bottom