League One Reading FC

It's just an asset being stripped.
Admittedly a big one, there were many on here saying we should see what players were available a few months ago.
I think there is a difference between buying a player and buying the training ground.

One is a temporary asset, the other is (or should be) a permanent part of the infrastructure of a club.

(But yes, if the owner is just cashing in his chips he will treat both the same)

When does the training centre transfer window shut?

I'd like to see us shopping in the Spanish or Greek Markets.
But could they do a job on a cold Tuesday in Oxfordshire?

If our stadium plan doesn't get the go ahead maybe Thames Valley Royal Yellows might have to be an option.
It's just an asset being stripped.
Admittedly a big one, there were many on here saying we should see what players were available a few months ago.
Again, that's completely different. Clubs sign players of other clubs all the time. Clubs strapped for cash sell players to survive. Clubs don't take a major piece of property when another club is on its knees.

There's obviously more to this than meets the eye - as things stand, Wycombe don't need a facility this big. They've got 30 or so pros and no academy. People aren't interested - 3,500 home fans at best and a middling playing budget still drawing on the year in the Championship.

The Yanks don't have the money, so it would seem that the Lomtadze, the Georgian who has invested in Wycombe but is seemingly not on the board, is driving it. But to what end?

Nice bit of land for him to own I suppose, probably easier to make the purchase under Wycombes name.

Kassam can rent them the stadium as a new training ground when we move.

Just had a thought, could this be the start of Thames Valley Wanderers? A merger between the two clubs by a shady eastern European businessman? Or is that never heard of before ridiculousness?

Just had a thought, could this be the start of Thames Valley Wanderers? A merger between the two clubs by a shady eastern European businessman? Or is that never heard of before ridiculousness?
Too soon man, come on.

Satellite Town Wanderers FC.

The Wycombe fans would finally have a rival to moan about.

I think High Reading Biscuit Boys could really go places, look forward to the passionate derbys they will have with MK Dons.

• Love
Reactions: m
Would you really want them to die? What's football without rivalries and a bit of hostility? You would just end up with a league with teams like Burton and Shrewsbury, it would be boring.

I want Reading and Swindon to be crap, but I want them around.
Swindon maybe, that's a proper rivalry. Reading? Let them die and start again from scratch, at least they might finally take their heads from out their arses.

I can smell a Thames Valley Royals 2.0 on the horizon and it ain't us involved

As I have mentioned before, I have a friend who is a sponsor at Wycombe and he tells me that the ground is being bought by Feliciana, which is the parent company of Wycombe, so not actually by Wycombe itself, which has set a few alarm bells ringing. They have been looking for a training ground for sometime and as suspected, the Couhig's don't have this sort of money and it is being 100% funded by the Georgian bloke who wants to build a Wycombe academy. Reading will continue to use the ground, so facilities will be shared. Oh, and Lomtadze has never actually been to a game or met anyone other than the Couhig's. Now, that is keeping a low profile! All sounds above aboard to me.

Back
Top Bottom