Reduction in number of away fans.

What they should do, right, is have a special extra stand at the west end and put away fans in there?

With the new list of rules do we have permission to sing or could we get banned what happens when we score if we jump out of our seats do we get checked out
f*****g woke society

With the new list of rules do we have permission to sing or could we get banned what happens when we score if we jump out of our seats do we get checked out
f*****g woke society
I don’t think that’s what woke means bro. But let’s not go into that

Yes I think this is more elf and safety
On a more sensible note why is it that rhicharlison.ex Everton player can chuck.a lit flare into fans but not get punished but if a fan chucks a flare now they could ( highly likely) get a criminal record... madness

Wouldn't it be better to have more fans and more stewards? Both financially and in terms of enjoyment and atmosphere.
I expect that’s the ultimate reason - shortage of stewards means we can’t control a normal away following in the same way so capacity has to come down to ensure we get a safety certificate for another season.

What does the drop in away fans do to the capacity now? About 11,000 isn’t it?

On a more sensible note why is it that rhicharlison.ex Everton player can chuck.a lit flare into fans but not get punished but if a fan chucks a flare now they could ( highly likely) get a criminal record... madness
well, believe he did get a fine and ban. rules at the time v rules now.

The club can't overrule the SAG and other H&S people involved. They can, I think, argue their case but ultimately wouldn't be granted a licence if they went rogue.

It's a bloody stupid decision, borne out of a stupid set of circumstances, and a stupid stadium situation.

I think I might have got out of bed the wrong side this morning, as all I seem to have done all day is go off on one about things!
I'm struggling to understand how they can revoke a H&S license by refusing to lower our capacity following years of operating routinely under the previous one?

much of this goes back to Thatcher and the demonisation and criminalisation of acts with specific reference to football once again football authorities under pressure from politicians and certain parts of the media make stupid decisions.

I'm struggling to understand how they can revoke a H&S license by refusing to lower our capacity following years of operating routinely under the previous one?

I agree with the principle of what you say, and if it ain't broke, don't fix it. But these are the times we live in now, where the H&S mafia are king. I'm in no way sticking up for these stupid decisions, as I think they're completely OTT.

The safety licence has to be renewed each season, and this coming season the SAG, TVP, H&S people want to reduce the away allocation for reasons best known to themselves. Obviously the club lose out on about 350 ticket sales (£7,000) maybe 8 times through the season, so there's no way the club want it. Last season, when we played Sheff Wed TVP insisted that the allocation was reduced to 1,450 due to police "intelligence" and there was nothing the club could ultimately do about it. It seems as though all of the authorities have got a hard-on for more robust measures this coming season, after the end of season pitch celebrations last season, where one or two got out of hand. I'm afraid this has played straight into their hands.

As far as I can work out we will now have over 1,000 empty seats as our segregation area, absolutely ludicrous, and uneconomic! We now have a capacity of about 11,000 in a stadium with 12,500 seats, and the prospect of the Sold Out signs going up when there are 1,500 empty seats!!!

I agree with the principle of what you say, and if it ain't broke, don't fix it. But these are the times we live in now, where the H&S mafia are king. I'm in no way sticking up for these stupid decisions, as I think they're completely OTT.

The safety licence has to be renewed each season, and this coming season the SAG, TVP, H&S people want to reduce the away allocation for reasons best known to themselves. Obviously the club lose out on about 350 ticket sales (£7,000) maybe 8 times through the season, so there's no way the club want it. Last season, when we played Sheff Wed TVP insisted that the allocation was reduced to 1,450 due to police "intelligence" and there was nothing the club could ultimately do about it. It seems as though all of the authorities have got a hard-on for more robust measures this coming season, after the end of season pitch celebrations last season, where one or two got out of hand. I'm afraid this has played straight into their hands.

As far as I can work out we will now have over 1,000 empty seats as our segregation area, absolutely ludicrous, and uneconomic! We now have a capacity of about 11,000 in a stadium with 12,500 seats, and the prospect of the Sold Out signs going up when there are 1,500 empty seats!!!
Was there actually any trouble at home games last year? I can't recall anything. The fence is a bit depressing but does stop a lot of potential encounters, not that seeing away fans should be a trigger for violence or stupidity.

Maybe to cut stewarding costs?
As a guess, perhaps there are steward staffing shortages which means we can’t get a safety certificate for this season without reducing the capacity? Maybe the rules are something like - five stewards per 500 visiting fans, five stewards per 750 home fans, so if the stewarding company are struggling to recruit then this is an obvious consequence.

We were briefed that it was to enable the same stewarding protocols on both the home and away sides of the seg line. Currently away fans don't have a steward on the line because it is down the centre of the block. That has led to situations where, when "lively" exchanges take place, our fans were dealt with immediately whereas away fans are left until half time.
Last season OUSP received several complaints from supporters in the North Stand that they were being treated more harshly than away fans.

It's not an ideal solution, and not one we were involved in making, but to get the safety certificate it has to be done.

We were briefed that it was to enable the same stewarding protocols on both the home and away sides of the seg line. Currently away fans don't have a steward on the line because it is down the centre of the block. That has led to situations where, when "lively" exchanges take place, our fans were dealt with immediately whereas away fans are left until half time.
Last season OUSP received several complaints from supporters in the North Stand that they were being treated more harshly than away fans.

It's not an ideal solution, and not one we were involved in making, but to get the safety certificate it has to be done.
And yet 1 line of stewards is sufficient for clubs in the Premier League, Championship etc etc.

Why should one rule apply to us, and another rule to other clubs?! I would be seriously vociferous about this and wouldn't let it lie gently.

This is utter B*****s!

How on earth do teams higher up the pyramid manage then with 3/5000 away fans and one line of stewards? Has our OUSP rep actually asked these pertinent questions?

This is utter B*****s!

How on earth do teams higher up the pyramid manage then with 3/5000 away fans and one line of stewards? Has our OUSP rep actually asked these pertinent questions?
OxVox represents supporters on the SAG, not OUSP.

A reduction will be great news for Wycombe because they can now likely 'sell out' their allocation without needing to break the 1000 barrier which is always a bit touch and go.

Back
Top Bottom