National News Rishi Sunak

Interesting fact that the turnout in most of the local elections wouldn't have reached the threshold for a union to hold a strike.

Its certainly not as "dead cert" as some may think it is.

Even in Red Leicester the Labour v

Interesting fact that the turnout in most of the local elections wouldn't have reached the threshold for a union to hold a strike.

Its certainly not as "dead cert" as some may think it is.

Even in Red Leicester the Labour vote tanked.

View attachment 19435
Did the 2016 and 2021 PCC elections happen on the same day as local council elections? I'm amazed anyone turns out for the PCC election alone.

Did the 2016 and 2021 PCC elections happen on the same day as local council elections? I'm amazed anyone turns out for the PCC election alone.

Nope - our council elections run out of kilter with the PCC.

Keep being you Essex. The next few months are going to be so much fun!
:ROFLMAO:

Heading towards a hung parliament might not be the result many desire......... :)

When some results hinged on what`s happening in Gaza it all seems a bit "odd".

Heading towards a hung parliament might not be the result many desire......... :)

When some results hinged on what`s happening in Gaza it all seems a bit "odd".
So do you think people voting on the principle of what is happening in Gaza has helped or hindered the Tory vote?

Whichever way you want to try and spin it, the Tories are out on their a**e at the GE. :)

Good riddance!(y)

What will be REALLY funny is if they get less than 200 seats at the next election. Anything less than 150 and they are fucked for the next couple of parliaments at least.🙏;)

Good try. The PCC covers more than the city there. I've just checked and the county council had all out elections in 2021 and the 2016 PCC election was on there same day as the general election!

Boring old facts getting in the way again.

Come the General Election we will hear the Tories saying this and that has improved. The problem is, all their claims will be based on improvements to the rock bottom level they’ve got us to due to their mismanagement.
We will hear from the jingoistic, right wing bigots, who’ll blame everything on the poor, the sick and Jonny foreigners. But what we won’t hear about are the last 14 years of disastrous calamities we’ve had to put up with from grifting idiots.
I so want the election to be called now, so we can get it done and move on from Johnson, Truss and Sunak.
P.s. Has austerity ended, cuz I’m still skint.

Come the General Election we will hear the Tories saying this and that has improved. The problem is, all their claims will be based on improvements to the rock bottom level they’ve got us to due to their mismanagement.
We will hear from the jingoistic, right wing bigots, who’ll blame everything on the poor, the sick and Jonny foreigners. But what we won’t hear about are the last 14 years of disastrous calamities we’ve had to put up with from grifting idiots.
I so want the election to be called now, so we can get it done and move on from Johnson, Truss and Sunak.
P.s. Has austerity ended, cuz I’m still skint.
Not for 1/5th of the population according to this...

Screenshot_20240506_144102_Edge.jpg

Does that idiot not realise that statements like this will push more people towards Labour?

Seats which have a marginal chance of going Lib Dems (Bicester and Woodstock for example) will unite towards Labour in order to stop the Tories. SNP are dead. They're going to lose 20/30 seats and I can't see them rushing into the hands of the Tories. Green do well as council levels but never really feature at General Elections (outside of Brighton). And Reform are only taking votes from the Tories.

It shows you how far they've sunk where this is the only positive that Sunak can muster!

View attachment 19439

Does that idiot not realise that statements like this will push more people towards Labour?

Seats which have a marginal chance of going Lib Dems (Bicester and Woodstock for example) will unite towards Labour in order to stop the Tories. SNP are dead. They're going to lose 20/30 seats and I can't see them rushing into the hands of the Tories. Green do well as council levels but never really feature at General Elections (outside of Brighton). And Reform are only taking votes from the Tories.

It shows you how far they've sunk where this is the only positive that Sunak can muster!

I'm I the only one who thinks that a hung parliament - as long as this generation of Tories is not involved in the decision-making - is an ideal outcome for the country?
Getting policies through a coalition government requires debate, consensus and compromise and therefore likely leaves you with something more robust and thought through. Rather than sixth form economics scrawled on the back of a napkin being turned into national policies by the likes of Truss and Kwasi.

The Cameron/Clegg coalition wasn't perfect, but it was a damn sight better than anything that's happened since! There were actually some people in that government who were intelligent, capable individuals.

And if Britain actually had a sensible, rational voting PR-based system, then every government would be a coalition. Country should really be embracing it as a concept rather than a scare tactic.

Good try. The PCC covers more than the city there. I've just checked and the county council had all out elections in 2021 and the 2016 PCC election was on there same day as the general election!

Boring old facts getting in the way again.

Yes, the PCC covers Leicester, Leicestershire & Rutland - its why we`ve got a Tory. :)

The CITY has separate elections to the COUNTY.

Still getting used to living in the County.

Lets forget about the 4/5th`s majority then................. sorry its your favourite word again.
That clip only appears to show that the poorest people in this country have got poorer and are now worse off than the the very poorest in Europe.

It says nothing about anyone else being better off. They're just not as destitute as others. But another 5 years of the Tories should drag them down too.

I like you @Essexyellows but I have to say your political posts are so bad they are almost like performance art
Fascinating to watch isn't it!

I'm not sure you were around for one of his finest moments when he predicted he wouldn't see anything other than Tory governments in his lifetime. I couldn't work out if it was comedy or tragedy😂

I'm I the only one who thinks that a hung parliament - as long as this generation of Tories is not involved in the decision-making - is an ideal outcome for the country?
Getting policies through a coalition government requires debate, consensus and compromise and therefore likely leaves you with something more robust and thought through. Rather than sixth form economics scrawled on the back of a napkin being turned into national policies by the likes of Truss and Kwasi.

The Cameron/Clegg coalition wasn't perfect, but it was a damn sight better than anything that's happened since! There were actually some people in that government who were intelligent, capable individuals.

And if Britain actually had a sensible, rational voting PR-based system, then every government would be a coalition. Country should really be embracing it as a concept rather than a scare tactic.
Agreed- except that PR doesn’t by definition produce a coalition. STV in Oz still leads to a ruling party, an opposition and a cross-bench.

View attachment 19439

We’ve had 14 years of self serving Conservative rule. This forum would do a better job than the current incumbents, who seem to be dropping out one by one thru criminality.

We’ve had 14 years of self serving Conservative rule. This forum would do a better job than the current incumbents, who seem to be dropping out one by one thru criminality.
Definitely agree with that. I reckon we’d give it a decent go. I’d fancy getting the Chancellor’s job. I don’t think I’d last long but it would be good while I’m there

When a prime minister who hasn't won an election pretty much concedes defeat in an upcoming one shouldn't he just call one fairly soon? what difference is a few months going to make? We have a dead duck party in power now.

When a prime minister who hasn't won an election pretty much concedes defeat in an upcoming one shouldn't he just call one fairly soon? what difference is a few months going to make? We have a dead duck party in power now.
Rishi is coming across a bit like a gambling addict. He's chasing the loss and hoping against hope that his numbers will turn good if he gives it enough time. He's hopelessly down and there is literally no way back for him.

Like they say to gamblers - when the fun stops, stop!

The fact the fun stopped for all but the chumocracy and their hangers on about 13 years ago in neither here nor there, it would seem. It really is quite pathetic and it is way past the time to cut his losses and put all of us out of our misery.

Back
Top Bottom