Transfer News Summer 2023 Transfer Window Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I might be wrong, but I think those expecting us to sign a classic 'big no, 9' will be disappointed. From the early PSF's it seems we are all about pressing and forcing errors, so work rate and pace will be valued higher than physicality. I love a classic big no. 9, but I'm not sure one will be coming.

If we don't see a traditional no.9 i'd love a quality LWB to raise hopes. COYY.

If we donā€™t sign another striker then itā€™s the most pointless transfer window ever Harris is just Joseph runs around works hard not a goal scorer , weā€™re just gonna look the same as last year canā€™t score but create
Oh boy. Well whatever you do, donā€™t take a look at the previous three transfer windows.

Honestly, I struggle to take comments like this seriously when weā€™ve had an absolute shitshow in the previous 18 months.

Manningā€™s taking us on a journey, and everything will be much more enjoyable if you see this transfer window as a stop en route rather than the destination.

I might be wrong, but I think those expecting us to sign a classic 'big no, 9' will be disappointed. From the early PSF's it seems we are all about pressing and forcing errors, so work rate and pace will be valued higher than physicality. I love a classic big no. 9, but I'm not sure one will be coming.

Yup, I think the Dub were correct n making this point yesterday.

Harris will play most of the season up top and another striker is likely to rotate with him (rather than come in as an automatic starter).

Also enjoyed the cheeky little joke about Yellows Forum on the Dub this week too!

I think thereā€™s a sensible balance that can be found, someone like Wickham for example is probably a little too direct and one dimensional but there is definitely players out there that tick both, classic physical number 9 with work rate and athleticism

I think thereā€™s a sensible balance that can be found, someone like Wickham for example is probably a little too direct and one dimensional but there is definitely players out there that tick both, classic physical number 9 with work rate and athleticism
Hopefully weā€™ve already signed one this summer! šŸ¤ž

Out of interest what are those ' multiple holes ' you speak of ?
To play devil's advocate most would agree we need another striker and a left back which would pass the definition of multiple.

I'd also like a physical midfielder but that's probably a want to have rather than a need. We could do with another winger really considering the fragility of the ones we have in the building.

Manning has already mentioned that he is waiting for the Premier league sides to start making their young players available after pre season tours. Seems like they have specific targets in mind. If I was desperate for a tip, I would be researching these options.

As the squad stands with no one leaving, we need 3 more this window. Left back, winger, striker.

Obviously we know we have a lot of deadwood to shift and could do with 3/4 more leaving and being replaced but realistically that's not going to happen this window. We'll have to wait for contracts to expire.

3 for now to get us ready for the season, the full rebuild we want will take another 2 windows.

Manning has already mentioned that he is waiting for the Premier league sides to start making their young players available after pre season tours. Seems like they have specific targets in mind. If I was desperate for a tip, I would be researching these options.
This one maybe..?

As the squad stands with no one leaving, we need 3 more this window. Left back, winger, striker.

Obviously we know we have a lot of deadwood to shift and could do with 3/4 more leaving and being replaced but realistically that's not going to happen this window. We'll have to wait for contracts to expire.

3 for now to get us ready for the season, the full rebuild we want will take another 2 windows.
I strangely got a feeling some of this deadwood may come good. Got a feeling Murphy is going to be a different player this season

My current wish list would be

Left (Wing) back - Adam Lewis (Liverpool)
Striker - Tyreece John-Jules (Arsenal)
Utility Forward - Max Woltman (Liverpool)

One out of contract, one loan, one development signing.

I would also look to keep Gorrin in on a pay per play deal IF he has fully recovered. He isn't someone we should look to play 30+ games a season but could be someone that could help close games out or play in those games where we traditionally get out muscled in the middle. This is not about a sympathy deal, but about using the squad appropriately with someone who might be limited but rarely let's the club down.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom