Transfer News Summer 2023 Transfer Window Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
This account is pretty much the place to go in terms of Everton news, so would imagine it to be announced soon, unless he for some reason turns down the move.
I'd assume we would want him in the squad for Saturday so I can see him being announced tomorrow or Friday, can't necessarily see an announcement on matchday. I'm hoping we have signed Woltman too because he would be a really exciting addition

We just always seem to jump start the season, we need to hit the grounnd running, especially with playing a relegation favoured team such as Cambs. Utd
Yes Cambridge and Carlisle are 2 games where we should look to get off to a very good start.
In theory, the easiest start for years?

We just always seem to jump start the season, we need to hit the grounnd running, especially with playing a relegation favoured team such as Cambs. Utd
Iโ€™d rather be slow burners and then consistently improve and finish strong than have a fast start then have several bumps along the way.

It's not a binary choice Steve.
Itโ€™s not no but for everyone want to fly out the blocks every season is being unrealistic. No team is going to be consistent all the way through.

Iโ€™ve also pointed out before that a lot of teams will do their fitness plans so that players hit peak fitness levels 3 or 4 weeks into a season. Man City do this as do quite a few of the other top teams. Thatโ€™s why you see the best teams come strong and stay strong after Christmas.

Yes Cambridge and Carlisle are 2 games where we should look to get off to a very good start.
In theory, the easiest start for years?
In terms of first 2 games in isolation then possibly but we've had easy starts the last couple of years at least. After Derby last year we had a run of Cambridge, Bristol Rovers, Lincoln, Morecambe, Cheltenham and Burton. Hardly a who's who of heavy hitters. I'm sure the year before was relatively straight forward too, we just always made a pigs ear of the start of the season.

Hard to beat last seasons in terms of ease but there's a definite chance to get a fast start this time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom