Transfer News Summer 2023 Transfer Window Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I for one would be very surprised if a club were willing to bid anywhere in the region of £1,000,000. That being said he could be one of the best midfielders in this league is utilised properly and playing to his strengths.

I absolutely f*****g love Cameron Brannagan. He's the best player we've had in my OUFC supporting life.

But for the first time I'm not sat here hoping we do everything in our power to keep him. 1-2m and getting his massive wage off our books would be a huge help going forwards IF we reinvest it properly.

If he does stay I'll be happy, if he goes I'll be sad but also respectfully appreciate that it's better for both him and the club.
Must be a youngster then

If people think we could sell Cameron Brannagan and replace him immediately for anything less than double our current transfer record they are deluded. We have nobody in the youth set up anywhere close to good enough at present.We have recently had to pay 200k for a player described as a project or one for the future.
Let’s not forget we would be taking 12 goals a season out of our team also. Maybe if the drop in form continues then we need to look at things but not now.
I would like us to play a 3-5-2 system but you need one of the centre backs to be a Dickie, Atkinson, McNally type but we have nobody that can do this ( Negru maybe in time). Maybe for now a 4-1-4-1 formation with JM as the holding midfielder.
I think we need at least one new full back/ wingback and a striker.

Isn't it worth it to pay CB extra to have a 'leader' in the heart of the team out on the pitch? To me we need big players to step up and take ownership. On Form, CB drives that team and that leadership isn't that easy to replace

• React
Reactions: m
Bristol have loads from Scott’s sale, 3 million for CB is good for both clubs we should be able to find a replacement for 1 million and have the cash for a striker and wingbacks

Isn't it worth it to pay CB extra to have a 'leader' in the heart of the team out on the pitch? To me we need big players to step up and take ownership. On Form, CB drives that team and that leadership isn't that easy to replace
But hang on a minute, leadership is precisely what we've been lacking for a good while now and CB has been pretty much ever present throughout. It has coincided in CB's noticeable dip in form and influence on games (most of last season if we're honest). So while I agree that an in form CB is very hard to replace at this level, it feels like it has been a long, long time since we've seen that version of him. . . .

I think his value has dropped over the last year and I would be surprised if a club would be prepared to meet our valuation. People talk of 2-3 million, which is cloud cuckoo land in my opinion.
I'm going to say it's an absolutely acceptable price in the hope whoever is making their bids is basing it on reading these forum posts.

Last edited:
Bristol have loads from Scott’s sale, 3 million for CB is good for both clubs we should be able to find a replacement for 1 million and have the cash for a striker and wingbacks
Bristol City aren't just going to pay £3m because they have sold a player.

I will understand if Cam goes, his body language was not good on Weds, but I'll still be gutted if he does, he is the heartbeat of our team and the genuine quality in there, teams know he can create magic and there is that fear factor in him.

But anything around a million for him and his wages off the books could be 2 or 3 new quality players, and we all know the the squad needs some serious boosting.

The reality is that, much as I love Brannagan and what he does / has done for us, he’s a league one player who is
arguably at or past his best. £500-750k would do it I reckon.

I can’t see him leaving now to be honest. The ship to the championship sailed last summer and he chose not to get on it thanks to Robinson running to the dockside with a huge suitcase full of money.

Thing is he may attract an asking price of 1 million to 3 million however will BCFC offer him 12500 per week ?
If not he may as well stay where he is

There's probably a case to ask how much the club would flex his value to offload the wage burden. He may well be worth £1.5m in the eyes of the club. But the cost of keeping him for 2 more years is massive while his performance levels are deteriorating so that may make mean a prospective buyer may find us more willing to compromise. A decent agent would surely play that angle.

I think it’s a bit premature to write him off when he’s been playing out of position. I’d prefer a strong defensive midfielder to come in to release him to play as an attacking midfielder. He’s still a square peg in a round hole.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom