Transfer News Summer 2023 Transfer Window Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
His shot stopping partly put us in the position from which we needed saving!

His distribution is limited to 5-10 yards under no pressure. The modern day keeper that Manning will be looking for needs an accurate distribution up to around the half way line and an ability to be calm under pressure. Eastwood was calamitous under pressure on occasions. He doesn’t want the ball, he just deals with it and that’s normal for keepers of his generation.

He’s a number two, plain as day. Playing him in Manning’s system will make it far less effective so we’re only harming our own chances.

This reminds me of when Pep sold Joe Hart and the reaction that got.

If he's not good enough in your eyes, then he shouldn't be considered for a number two role either.

Muddled thinking!

I’d much prefer if we didn’t try and play out from the back, whoever the keeper is. It’s asking for trouble. Get rid would be my solution! How many times when you see much better players than ours trying to play it, does it end in tears.

Looking at the board in the behind the scenes the names don’t quite look like our players for instance the LB doesn’t look like brown above josh Mceachran the name starts with a T so I could be people he’s potentially looking at or trying to bring in

If he's not good enough in your eyes, then he shouldn't be considered for a number two role either.

Muddled thinking!
In an ideal scenario he’d make up a 3-strong GK department with no set number two, but he would oversee McGinty’s transition in to the first team picture behind an established number 1 that we may eventually sell. So in effect he’d be mentoring McGinty for a season making him the successor to our #1. His experience is valuable but I personally don’t think his technical ability offers us anything of note. This ideal scenario isn’t realistic with all the other things we need. So I accept the sensible option is to have him stay to the end of his contract as number two, sell Stevens and loan out McGinty to NL with a recall.

Looking at the board in the behind the scenes the names don’t quite look like our players for instance the LB doesn’t look like brown above josh Mceachran the name starts with a T so I could be people he’s potentially looking at or trying to bring in
Good shout this I reckon… is that a T.Watson at RB?

Good shout this I reckon… is that a T.Watson at RB?

If Tennai Watson then not a bad shout. Out of contract at MK Dons I believe and can play anywhere across the back four, and as a wing back as well as more traditional fullback.

Also came through the Reading academy so was likely on our radar before he ended up at MK.

Problem is, Eastwood’s kicking leaves a lot to be desired. He’s not very good with the ball at his feet (which I suspect manning will want) & also he is susceptible to long shots if they are low down. He’s not my idea of our keeper next season. I wouldn’t be surprised to see cumming arriving.
But out of the three we have he will be the one I would prefer as our back up keeper.

I did think the same!

Although it’s blurry, I can’t even hazard a guess at the names in those positions, it certainly doesn’t look like the names of the existing players we have in those positions.

Which makes me think that maybe they’re all the names of the multiple players we’re looking at for each of those positions?

If so, Manning is looking at signing a virtually brand new starting lineup!! 🤯

We need a rb that can play in 4 or as a wingback and the same on the left. Then 2 strikers minium .And maybe the young Arsenal player who was at Chesterfield as cover at Cdm. Alot yet to happen how exciting have we taken another wicket yet .

But out of the three we have he will be the one I would prefer as our back up keeper.
I agree Bazzer, but can’t see him starting in a manning side. He doesn’t have any of the attributes needed to be comfortable or successful in one of his sides, back up incase of injury/rotation, id be happy with that.

I agree Bazzer, but can’t see him starting in a manning side. He doesn’t have any of the attributes needed to be comfortable or successful in one of his sides, back up incase of injury/rotation, id be happy with that.

Out of the 3 keepers we have maybe McGinty could be moulded into a good back up keeper.

I'm not saying that we can't look at better, the very fact that we were a pretty poor league one side last year suggests that we can improve everywhere.

However, I think some of the comments about him are doing him a huge disservice. His distribution was fine and his shot stopping saved our season.

If we bring in a better goalkeeper then I'll be more than happy. But only if that means that we don't have to compromise on spending for other positions that are far more important in my view.
His distribution wasn’t fine. Numerous kicks went straight out of play and if it’s not on his right foot he panics. I watch him in warm ups, he’s barely got a left foot. We should loan out Mcginty. Try and move on one of stevens or Eastwood and get a new keeper in. I think it will be a position that manning wants to sort out.

Why are we getting players from relegated clubs I.e Thornley and McEachran. They were involved in a lot of those games last season. Please STOP getting relegated players.
Thorniley was relegated from the championship. Not league one. Get a clue. He’s a top 6 centre back at this level. Mceachran is a good squad player. We need competition for places in that our seeing as we have only two senior CM’s really with experience. We probably need another one too.

Muddled thinking!
Scotch, Eastwood has been a great servant for the club but he’s a weak link & we should have no room for sentiment as we move forward. We need a new keeper who can play the manning way week in week out. Eastwood isn’t that and it’s why our normal passing game suffered last season.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom