Transfer News Summer 2023 Transfer Window Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
He really was better than 'bang average'. Albeit in an underperforming team, both the fans and players voted him player of the season. If he was bang average, then really we ought be be looking to offload every other player from last season, because they were worse!
He wasn’t. Not as a left back. Mainly because that’s not what he was bought to be. He will no way be first choice under manning at left back. He will be back up at CB behind Thorniley. Manning knows that. He’s got no athleticism to get up and down the wing, which we will need otherwise we will have the same problem as we did the season just gone. Lots of sideways passing and hoof ball down the line like Brown and long both do. They can be used as back up but neither will be first choice.

There are far more pressing issues than upgrading Ciaron Brown.
I mean Players Player and Supporters Player of the Season and current Northern Irish international Ciaron Brown.
Solid and reliable at the back and comfortable on the ball going forward. One of the first if not the first name on my team sheet.
Move along please.
There really isn’t, if you think we will create enough chances to win games with him at Left Back then you are crazy. He doesn’t have the athleticism to get up and down the pitch. Not his fault. It’s just not his game & it’s the style manning will want to play.

Currently yes. Brown did a solid job. How many of our players by the way get in a Championship/top 6 side in your opinion?
Brown and long wouldn’t get into any top 6 side in our league, let alone the championship as full backs. That’s just being objective and being able to be honest about the situation. Could they be back up if needed? Yes. Both long and brown are better at CB, who should be only playing full back in an emergency due to injuries or suspensions

There are far more pressing issues than upgrading Ciaron Brown.
I mean Players Player and Supporters Player of the Season and current Northern Irish international Ciaron Brown.
Solid and reliable at the back and comfortable on the ball going forward. One of the first if not the first name on my team sheet.
Move along please.
You’ve not just said he’s comfortable on the ball going forward have you🤣 and he’s not first on team sheet. He’s not starting next season in a back 4

Brown and long wouldn’t get into any top 6 side in our league, let alone the championship as full backs. That’s just being objective and being able to be honest about the situation. Could they be back up if needed? Yes. Both long and brown are better at CB, who should be only playing full back in an emergency due to injuries or suspensions
Wouldn’t get in any top 6 side? So all Peterborough’s players are better than Brown? B*****s to that. He looks ungainly but he was our best player last season. As for the coming season, we’ll have to see what Manning does, you have no insight into that.

He wasn’t. Not as a left back. Mainly because that’s not what he was bought to be. He will no way be first choice under manning at left back. He will be back up at CB behind Thorniley. Manning knows that. He’s got no athleticism to get up and down the wing, which we will need otherwise we will have the same problem as we did the season just gone. Lots of sideways passing and hoof ball down the line like Brown and long both do. They can be used as back up but neither will be first choice.

I get what you're saying but the 'hoof it down the line' thing can't all be layed at the feet of Long and Brown.

What else are you supposed to do when the forwards and midfielders are hiding?

Wouldn’t get in any top 6 side? So all Peterborough’s players are better than Brown? B*****s to that. He looks ungainly but he was our best player last season. As for the coming season, we’ll have to see what Manning does, you have no insight into that.
I mean brown wouldn’t start over Ronnie Edwards or Frankie Kent at CB and he isn’t better than Ogbeta who they had on loan. You’re chatting waffle. He’s not gonna start under manning. Manning wanted 2/3 wing backs. That says it all

Brown and long wouldn’t get into any top 6 side in our league, let alone the championship as full backs.

I'm bored of hearing this line. Not every top side is filled with every top player in the league, in fact most of the best sides have a number of really steady, really reliable players who gives the 7/10 type performances you get from the likes of Long and Brown.

I'm bored of hearing this line. Not every top side is filled with every top player in the league, in fact most of the best sides have a number of really steady, really reliable players who gives the 7/10 type performances you get from the likes of Long and Brown.
So you’d have Long and Brown as your starting full backs?? Delusional

Given how “awful” Brown is, and how much Manning seemingly hates him, it’s strange that he kept picking him ahead of a left-back in Fleming who came with rave reviews from Championship Hull
Brown was chosen as more experienced player. Fleming didn’t play a lot of football that season

He wouldn’t get in Peterborough’s side ahead of burrows? Who they have a left back. It’s where he plays that’s key. He’s not good enough if we want playoffs as a left back. If you think he is then I don’t know what to say to you.

He wouldn’t get in Peterborough’s side ahead of burrows? Who they have a left back. It’s where he plays that’s key. He’s not good enough if we want playoffs as a left back. If you think he is then I don’t know what to say to you.
Very true. I’d only have him starting on the left hand side of a back 3 but tbh I prefer a back 3 of Thorniley Moore Long

I mean brown wouldn’t start over Ronnie Edwards or Frankie Kent at CB and he isn’t better than Ogbeta who they had on loan. You’re chatting waffle. He’s not gonna start under manning. Manning wanted 2/3 wing backs. That says it all
Are u a Posh fan trying to stir up this forum by any chance?

Regardless of who you really support Posh were of course so good defensively with such brilliant players that they let a 4-0 play off semi final lead slip by! Mmm high quality indeed

Fleming was surprisingly poor defensively although looked to offer something going forward but didn't impress as much as I thought .
Brown was the better option by far .

Yeah but Fleming aint gonna play in a top 6 club let alone the championship.... oh wait, just checked, he did play in the championship last season!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom