Transfer News Summer 2023 Transfer Window Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nice to know we're being linked with these sorts of players though, our last few transfer windows have just been pot luck.
I don't think anyone would baulk at this type of signing and I hope our recruitment team will not rest until we have someone of equal calibre in the fame.

• React
Reactions: MJB
This thread is a f*****g joke honestly what the f**k is wrong with the w**kers on this forum making their s**t puns rather than talking about f*****g transfers honestly just f**k off you C***s
Nice one Ryanio Chinny 😂

This thread is a f*****g joke honestly what the f**k is wrong with the w**kers on this forum making their s**t puns rather than talking about f*****g transfers honestly just f**k off you C***s

Play is temporarily suspended ladies and gentlemen!

Screenshot_20230815_141211_Google.jpg

Yup. And Hebberd was actually known to be very nervous on match days. Best player in training at Southampton during the week, but never really performed on a Saturday. He told Jim Smith after a few games that he didn't like the pressure of playing up front, so Jim had the (brilliant) idea of switching Hebberd to midfield. Where he was probably (no exaggeration for anyone under the age of 50!) one of the top six midfielders in the old Division One for 2-3 seasons.
If Hebberd had played for one of the 'fashionable' clubs he would have played for England, no doubt in my opinion.

It has all gone quite we must shift some players out has well .Iam sure there is alot going on behind the scenes while the settled teams like Bolton, Portsmouth, Peterborough March quietly on. It was always going to be a tough window after last years shambles I wonder if Robinson will ever get another manager or coaching job.hedh n needed so shou

Good point, but why should be any more settled that us. Pompey have brought in 12 players or so, as tumble weed blows down Grenoble Road.
It's the same excuse every year, or the world cup gets blamed, waiting for clubs higher up the pyramid to spend big, sorry but if other clubs get players in at
the essential time, to hit the new season running so should Oxford.
Weeks the club have waited for the final pieces of the jigsaw to come in, the fabled 3, Striker, full back and defensive wing back.

Spoke to someone at the club on Saturday who said we have a couple of deals sorted but Manning is under pressure to shift a couple out who don't feature in his plans. This could be true or not but I have no reason to doubt it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom