General Supporters Panel - Yay or Nay?

Do the supporters on here want or need a Supporters Panel ?

• Yes

Votes: 35 53.8%
  • No

Votes: 30 46.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I don't know about you, but I'd rather have 'just 4' who are passionate and committed to making things better, than 20 or so who're only applying because they're bored.

For the usual suspects on this thread, any news that comes out from the club is confirmation bias that the idea is bad. And even if it's good news, it'll be countered with 'well OxVox could have done it'. You're not giving it a chance to see if it works in practice. It's like criticising a signing before they've played a match.

Then thank god you're not on the council :ROFLMAO:
When has there ever been an issue of safety for women of all areas at OUFC…….I’m waiting.
If I had applied to be in the council I would have had my say and not cosy up to people, 6 months and this will be over

I don't know about you, but I'd rather have 'just 4' who are passionate and committed to making things better, than 20 or so who're only applying because they're bored.

For the usual suspects on this thread, any news that comes out from the club is confirmation bias that the idea is bad. And even if it's good news, it'll be countered with 'well OxVox could have done it'. You're not giving it a chance to see if it works in practice. It's like criticising a signing before they've played a match.

A pragmatic realist would suggest it has been built on a foundation of shifting sand.

It`s an idea interpreted, incorrectly some would say, by the club that they had to "do something" in light of the various Government reports relating to football and fans when we already had a vehicle we could have hitched a trailer on.

We`ll see if the club puts its weight behind it and if it makes a tangible difference to anyone.

I doubt we`ll be voting for the next panel......... hope there is a plan for that outcome.

Are they all south standers?!

Do they go to away games on the LRC?

Which areas of the fan base do the 4 represent?

Apart from mr lounger I wonder if the other 75% of the panel visit these hallowed pages?

I would have expected a higher number of people expressing an interest in joining the panel , after some of the comments posted here

Fair play to all 4 of them for volunteering their time. I'm frankly surprised that none of the cause's other passionate advocates on here felt they could help it.

Apart from mr lounger I wonder if the other 75% of the panel visit these hallowed pages?

I would have expected a higher number of people expressing an interest in joining the panel , after some of the comments posted here

Unless some people genuinely think that the facilities and avenues to engage with fans are already in place?

Supporters don`t need to be on a panel to contact the SLO/Stadium Manager and tell them the place is a health risk or raise any other issue as it is his job to liaise with us. 🤷‍♀️

However, fair play to them for participating in the onerous process, giving up their time and energy, and ticking the required boxes.

It`ll be interesting to see how they choose to garner our opinions as they purport to represent us.

When has there ever been an issue of safety for women of all areas at OUFC…….I’m waiting.
If I had applied to be in the council I would have had my say and not cosy up to people, 6 months and this will be over
You're being proudly ignorant of the problems women face when going to football matches. To claim that it's purely a 'safety' matter, does that mean that you think the only problem that women face when going to football matches is being assaulted or attacked?

Not everyone enjoys lairy, boisterous, masculine environments and simply want to watch a football match. It can be intimidating, uncomfortable and you would be constantly watching your back, just like women have to do in society anyway. Having women on the council who can offer suggestions on how to improve the match day experience to attract more of what is 50% of the population can only be a good thing, no?
Why didn’t you if your that passionate? And yes I am passionate about my club probably more than them maybe that was another issue whi I didn’t apply…. As @Essexyellows says Oxvox for me.
Unless you've met them all there's no way of knowing if you're more passionate than them. Why is being a fan such a contest for you? And why are you still talking about OxVox as an alternative? They're supporting this scheme.

I didn't apply because I don't live locally, don't attend many matches and don't have the time nor experience to offer genuine, practical and workable solutions to the problems that match-going fans face.

Not everyone enjoys lairy, boisterous, masculine environments and simply want to watch a football match.

Sorry to say but laity, boisterous, masculine environments are at the 92 professional clubs in England and Wales probably at all professional clubs north of the border, unfortunately unless you designate as stand complete for women it will never change.

Unless you've met them all there's no way of knowing if you're more passionate than them.

How do you know I’ve not met them?

You're being proudly ignorant of the problems women face

Not proud and not ignorant and to use that is a slur but I suppose you had to try and degrade my honest post.

experience to offer genuine, practical and workable solutions to the problems that match-going fans face.

What experience do they have?

Oxvox are more than capable of dealing with these issues that are apparent at other grounds as well as ours. I have yet to read or hear of an assault of any kind by a male on a female supporter at OUFC. I’m sure if this did happen the culprit or culprits would be found and dealt with.
Tragically society is filled with Misogynistic, Homophobic, racist scum and will never be eradicated.
The taking of the knee is now a spent issue let’s go back to “ kick it out “ and last tuesdays debacle against Stevenage proved that OUFC took the knee Stevenage players stood although one or two were pairing in the are they or not pose.

Not everyone enjoys lairy, boisterous, masculine environments and simply want to watch a football match.

Sorry to say but laity, boisterous, masculine environments are at the 92 professional clubs in England and Wales probably...

True, the clergy have generally confined their sporting activities to scouting for Young Boys.

You're being proudly ignorant of the problems women face when going to football matches. To claim that it's purely a 'safety' matter, does that mean that you think the only problem that women face when going to football matches is being assaulted or attacked?

Not everyone enjoys lairy, boisterous, masculine environments and simply want to watch a football match. It can be intimidating, uncomfortable and you would be constantly watching your back, just like women have to do in society anyway. Having women on the council who can offer suggestions on how to improve the match day experience to attract more of what is 50% of the population can only be a good thing, no?

Unless you've met them all there's no way of knowing if you're more passionate than them. Why is being a fan such a contest for you? And why are you still talking about OxVox as an alternative? They're supporting this scheme.

I didn't apply because I don't live locally, don't attend many matches and don't have the time nor experience to offer genuine, practical and workable solutions to the problems that match-going fans face.

Creating division where it doesn`t exist when we have one thing that unites us.

I know plenty of women that watch Oxford who do not find it "intimidating and uncomfortable"

It's a "masculine environment" because those 92 league teams are men and watched by a primarily male audience, hate to break that to you.

If anyone wants a more feminine environment then go and watch the Womens team. 🤷‍♀️

Creating division where it doesn`t exist when we have one thing that unites us.

I know plenty of women that watch Oxford who do not find it "intimidating and uncomfortable"

It's a "masculine environment" because those 92 league teams are men and watched by a primarily male audience, hate to break that to you.

If anyone wants a more feminine environment then go and watch the Womens team. 🤷‍♀️
Pot kettle much? Highlighting concerns and offering suggestions on how to improve things isn't division. And if you're telling people with concerns to f**k off to women's matches says more about you than it does about people you think are 'disuniting' everyone.

Pot kettle much? Highlighting concerns and offering suggestions on how to improve things isn't division. And if you're telling people with concerns to f**k off to women's matches says more about you than it does about people you think are 'disuniting' everyone.
You are trying to find issues just because questions have arisen over the fans council

Not proud and not ignorant and to use that is a slur but I suppose you had to try and degrade my honest post.
Hate to break it to you, but it's not a slur to call someone ignorant, unless you want to claim that being ignorant is an oppressed minority? As someone who's been called actual homophobic slurs, it's such a tone deaf reply.

Hate to break it to you, but it's not a slur to call someone ignorant, unless you want to claim that being ignorant is an oppressed minority? As someone who's been called actual homophobic slurs, it's such a tone deaf reply.
Your sexuality is of no concern if mine I don’t care for someone’s sexuality not is their choice and their choice alone it shouldn’t be an issue but if you feel homophobia will cease I’m sorry to tell you it won’t but it should. But you’ve called me ignorant and that dear boy is a slur on me.

Not what I said, you said about the "masculine" environment and I provided the reasoning for its existence, it's a mens league.

Equally, there is a feminine environment for those who wish to avoid the masculine one or experience a more feminine-orientated environment.

Sometimes things have to be taken for what they are and that may not be suitable for everyone.

Not what I said, you said about the "masculine" environment and I provided the reasoning for its existence, it's a mens league.

Equally, there is a feminine environment for those who wish to avoid the masculine one or experience a more feminine-orientated environment.

Sometimes things have to be taken for what they are and that may not be suitable for everyone.
You say that, but we have a 'family' area, so why not a female area if there were a good number who would go if there was such a space set aside? Saying 'It's a mans sport so deal with it or go and watch the Ladies side" isn't really solving a potential issue (if there is one, I have no idea).

It's not as if we are exactly filling the stadium week after week and there is no space is it...

Back
Top Bottom