General The Board & Senior Management

The owners have just financed some more expensive signings, the team are handily placed in the play off positions and there is the expectation of a bright new shiny stadium. I'd hazard a guess that the vast majority of 'customers' are satisfied with that and know they can't do anything about any of it anyway. But the same what, a dozen? people keep going round and round in circles on a daily basis demanding a forum knowing they won't go even when there is one! (Tin hat on!)
Seems like you and Tim have quite a similar estimation of Oxford fans’ intelligence

The owners have just financed some more expensive signings, the team are handily placed in the play off positions and there is the expectation of a bright new shiny stadium. I'd hazard a guess that the vast majority of 'customers' are satisfied with that and know they can't do anything about any of it anyway. But the same what, a dozen? people keep going round and round in circles on a daily basis demanding a forum knowing they won't go even when there is one! (Tin hat on!)
I’ll go .
Hopefully you will .
Our problem is not with the owners .
As you’ve intimated,they’ve continued to finance us through 5/6 loss making seasons, stumping up £25-£30 million (?).
They are committed to financing the new stadium ( subject to planning.

Don’t forget your bike ( bring a padlock )

Last edited:
This applies to any club

After every match the manager has to come out win,lose or draw and face the local and national media.Sometimes they have to answer all sorts of questions that they shouldn’t have to. KR was the face of our club for 3 years FFS

It is about time the FA made the owners/ CEO’s of clubs come out and do the same on a quarterly basis.

Look at what has happened to the likes of us under Kassam and now Reading are going through the same, as are Swindon

Unscrupulous owners can ruin a club, I know that’s not the case here but nevertheless fans should know what is going on and the owners/CEO’s should be held accountable

These people who want all the attention when things are going well , disappear and say nothing when they don’t want to.

They should be held accountable for what they say and do

I was one of the fans invited to that infamous Friday meeting along with @bazzer9461 @Horse and @Manorlounger amongst others after I had e mailed the club stating my concerns about the future of the club.

Tim Williams came across full of his self importance, arrogant and smug. However I don’t think he was ready for the barrage of questions, not only about KR and the stadium ,but communication in general and of course us being referred to as customers.
His only excuse was that he hadn’t been in the job that long but we would see changes and things would improve. He didn’t take any notes.
The other person in the room ( before KR came in unannounced) was Niall Mc Williams who came across as genuine and sincere and I feel should be the CEO.I think Tim Williams decided there and then that communication with the fans face to face will be a non starter.

Since that meeting I have e mailed Mr Williams three times and not once have I had the courtesy of a reply.

I think this tells us everything we need to know. He wants us to buy ST’s ,encourage others to come to games and buy from the club shop.
He doesn’t want our opinions, he wants our money, and I bet that all those suggestions we sent in about the stadium will be binned and it will end up exactly as it is now.
C’mon @The mighty Aldo tbf he did enlighten us to his being at Inter Milan and how he improved things and then went to Manchester United and rubbed shoulder with Alex Ferguson then we were interrupted by that useless t**t Robinson and our Friday get together with partly undercooked bacon rolls did go downhill from then on.

C’mon @The mighty Aldo tbf he did enlighten us to his being at Inter Milan and how he improved things and then went to Manchester United and rubbed shoulder with Alex Ferguson then we were interrupted by that useless t**t Robinson and our Friday get together with partly undercooked bacon rolls did go downhill from then on.
Look, alright, I know, I could have brought Lardy Cake but, for that number of people? I'm not made of money, you know? Next time, we have a deal, you, me and a couple of others and that's it, alright? (and we'll need a microwave to warm it up to the optimal temperature)

You do have to wonder what people like Bakrie make of the performance of Tim and Grant. I mean these are huge hitting international businessmen still clearly putting in a fortune. And paying a fortune in salaries for people with good CVs.

I'd be fascinated to know their KPIs and OKRs.

These people are not nice genuine folk. They are basically thick. Rich - but thick. Our club is very precious and we must be very careful as to who we trust to be, "driving our bus". A couple more dodgy stops and most people will want to get off! Sorry.

These people are not nice genuine folk. They are basically thick. Rich - but thick. Our club is very precious and we must be very careful as to who we trust to be, "driving our bus". A couple more dodgy stops and most people will want to get off! Sorry.
Who are ‘these people’?

Thohir? Is he still a director?
No 'thick' probably the wrong word - but they are definitely not on the same wavelength as ordinary folk

He isn’t a Director, but he is a very significant shareholder.

Are you ‘ordinary folk’?

Anyway, we'll have planning permission for the new stadium by June, diggers in the next month and we'll be sitting in our seats for season commencing August 2006. Everything will be hunky dory!

Look, alright, I know, I could have brought Lardy Cake but, for that number of people? I'm not made of money, you know? Next time, we have a deal, you, me and a couple of others and that's it, alright? (and we'll need a microwave to warm it up to the optimal temperature)
That’s a god given.

Back
Top Bottom