Matches The League 1 Promotion Run In

Over this weekend, Derby beat Fulham to stop the promotion party. Reading beat Sheffield United. Peterborough beat Blackburn. Barrow beat Forest Green. Dover beat Boreham Wood. And you'd have got huge odds on those results coming in.

Wimbledon beating Wycombe is unlikely, but at this stage of the season anything can happen.
Not like you to be that optimistic...? ๐Ÿ˜

Not like you to be that optimistic...? ๐Ÿ˜

I know I get stick for it, but I honestly can't see the point of being any other way!

After weeks where every result has gone against us I'm predicting that both Wycombe and Plymouth will lose points today to give us a chance to catch them both.

I know I get stick for it, but I honestly can't see the point of being any other way!

After weeks where every result has gone against us I'm predicting that both Wycombe and Plymouth will lose points today to give us a chance to catch them both.
I was having trouble dealing with 2 having to drop pts and you go and bring a 3rd into it:D

I can see Plymouth dropping points and struggling - let's be honest they weren't any better than us and have since drawn and lost - like us they have a soft underbelly - their defence is better but with Hardie out now & Jephcott struggling this season they are looking impoverished in attack

Their game with Sunderland today is well worth a watch - they could be the other team with us who also miss out (after looking even more nailed on than us too) - positive of that is it will keep most of my extended family quiet as they are predominantly janners

I can see Plymouth dropping points and struggling - let's be honest they weren't any better than us and have since drawn and lost - like us they have a soft underbelly - their defence is better but with Hardie out now & Jephcott struggling this season they are looking impoverished in attack

Their game with Sunderland today is well worth a watch - they could be the other team with us who also miss out (after looking even more nailed on than us too) - positive of that is it will keep most of my extended family quiet as they are predominantly janners
Didn't the decent Plymouth fan that posts on here say Hardie is expected to play?

I thought it was touch and go - bold decision if they do though I guess they have little choice in the circumstances

We don't want or need Wycombe or Sunderland getting any points.

Sunderland have 4 games remaining

Plymouth A

Cambridge H

Rotherham H

Morecombe A

Anyone really see them not getting 6 pts ?

Wycombe have

Wimbledon A

Wednesday H

Burton A

Minimum of 4 pts ? Likely 6 ?

Plymouth have

Sunderland H

Wigan A

M K Dons H

Meanwhile we cannot even afford to draw a game
Plymouth can have one win and two losses.
Wycombe one win and two draws.
Ourselves three wins!

All three teams ending on 81 points but we would have the better GD.

Simple! [emoji849]

Today Plymouth Vs Sunderland
On Saturday.. Wigan Vs Plymouth
Surely Plymouth can't lose all three can they
Today
Wimbledon Vs Wycombe
Saturday
Wycombe Vs Sheffield Wednesday
Today
Plymouth Vs Sunderland
Saturday
Sunderland Vs Cambridge
These are the fixtures we need to be taking advantage of and winning our games imo
If I was a Plymouth fan it's definitely itchy bums time they could be th team to miss out with the games they got coming

If Oxford not beating Morecombe sent this place into meltdown then I would suggest if Wycombe can't beat Wombles and Burton then they don't deserve it either...

Plymouth have 3 horrible games but in a strange way they might be the games you'd prefer.

Whoever sorted the fixtures this season is a genius, you could not ask for more as an end to the season

If Oxford not beating Morecombe sent this place into meltdown then I would suggest if Wycombe can't beat Wombles and Burton then they don't deserve it either...

Plymouth have 3 horrible games but in a strange way they might be the games you'd prefer.

Whoever sorted the fixtures this season is a genius, you could not ask for more as an end to the season
In fairness to Burton they've had 3 tricky games against Plymouth, Wigan, Accrington and drawn them all 0-0

I've been saying for a while now that if we get to 81 points, we'll make the playoffs. There's always some crazy scores around the end of the season, when bad teams suddenly play a blinder because they're desperate, or mediocre teams suddenly play great because they're relaxed and/or playing for their next contracts.

The hard part is getting to 81 ourselves, by beating two of the three best teams in the division back-to-back at a time when they're slugging it out between each other for the automatics and we are bang out of form!!

But when there's hope, there's life.....or something......

I've been saying for a while now that if we get to 81 points, we'll make the playoffs. There's always some crazy scores around the end of the season, when bad teams suddenly play a blinder because they're desperate, or mediocre teams suddenly play great because they're relaxed and/or playing for their next contracts.

The hard part is getting to 81 ourselves, by beating two of the three best teams in the division back-to-back at a time when they're slugging it out between each other for the automatics and we are bang out of form!!

But when there's hope, there's life.....or something......

Yep.

I think 81 will do it but donโ€™t see us winning at Rotherham.

Back
Top Bottom