General The new owners of OUFC and their plans and actions

Wow, TW making it clear that he still has expectations of the play offs this season.. it’s going to be an interesting second half of the season.

Other points from that video:

KR’s body language has notably deteriorated in the last couple of months.

SK seems full of energy. A breath of fresh air.

Would also need a conveyor belt to bring a ready supply of biscuits as well.
biscuit-machine.gif

Is anybody aware of the positions Tim Williams has been referring to that we are looking to fill imminently? He talked about some high level positions that would be unveiled in the new year.

Is anybody aware of the positions Tim Williams has been referring to that we are looking to fill imminently? He talked about some high level positions that would be unveiled in the new year.
I got the impression is was around marketing and fan engagement.

Marketing wasnt it?

Commercial, retail and marketing are all in need of new blood.

Hopefully, a new manager is top of the list

Just been reading tonight on newsnow championship about Preston Northend fc probably now a similar size to us or us to them .They are losing £400,000 a week ate in debt to thete owners for £77 million and rising quickly For me what's wrong with a new ground top 6/8 every year in league one not losing much money and enjoying the ride. The world seems to have gone mad.

Just been reading tonight on newsnow championship about Preston Northend fc probably now a similar size to us or us to them .They are losing £400,000 a week ate in debt to thete owners for £77 million and rising quickly For me what's wrong with a new ground top 6/8 every year in league one not losing much money and enjoying the ride. The world seems to have gone mad.
I would be more interested to see how Brentford were doing financially in the Championship. Were they losing millions and millions or did their player sale model keep their loses down while also bringing success in a small stadium?

I don’t think there is anything wrong with aiming for the championship but like you, I’d like to do it sustainably over a slightly longer period of time rather than go s**t or bust (Bury style). Even Wednesday will be in big trouble if they don’t go up this season as their finances are horrendous.

Yes great to hear from another sensible person I read the forum every day and fans telling our board they should do this and that.I am very grateful every day for our board for what they do thankyou. I live in the potteries and they have two amazing boards the Coates family and the Shanahans the Coates have poured millions into Stoke and they are close to the relegation zone in the championship. Our fans are in cloud coockuu land. Just a stunning stadium a great club the occasional cup run will be great .You look at the premier league and we'll done Arsenal against the stupid Saudia money I hope they win the league. And the most important thing this year is to get the planning for a Stadium Oxford is amazing but we must guarantee our future.One big thanks to the board.

I would be more interested to see how Brentford were doing financially in the Championship. Were they losing millions and millions or did their player sale model keep their loses down while also bringing success in a small stadium?

I don’t think there is anything wrong with aiming for the championship but like you, I’d like to do it sustainably over a slightly longer period of time rather than go s**t or bust (Bury style). Even Wednesday will be in big trouble if they don’t go up this season as their finances are horrendous.
Brentford had a trading lost £53m y/e 30/6/21 before transfers and made £44m in transfer so lost £9m before tax and had a trading loss of £34m and made £25 from transfers and lost £9m before tax for y/e 30/6/21. They are currently valued at around £200m.
That defines the high risk nature of football investment.

Back
Top Bottom