The Van Allen Belt

I’m convinced that ‘they’ ( the powers that be) are deliberately trying ( and succeeding) in turning us ito a cashless society. Soon, very soon your personal finances will not be personal at all. Tentacles are out there, in fact they are everywhere. Be afraid, very afraid.

Has anyone tried paying a utility bill with cash lately?
Has anyone tried paying cash into anyone else's account lately? ....attempted to pay cash (£100) into my youngest account, in a branch of his bank. They wouldn't accept cash ! .....I had to go to my bank pay it (back) into my account in a branch of my bank then transfer it to my son's account from there!!!....it arrived in me youngest account the following day - he needed the cash immediately, which wasn't helpful.

I don't do ebanking, or have , out of choice, a credit card or cheque book. I stick to my luddite ways as much as I can

Since discovering banks don't accept cash payments into someone else's account I've used PayPal to transfer money (f n f of course)

ZeroTheHero,
The Earth is round. Who or what created the Earth and the rest of the Universe............f*ck knows.

What, Zero old mate, do you know about Zero atmosphere? Can you enlighten me? Can you tell me the basic principles of there not being any atmosphere?

Your Star trek thing....................mmmmmm

Do you believe what they say about the Van Allen Belt? And are you qualified to give us all your 100% correct analogy? You should see what NASA say about the belt, Mr Hero.
Cmon they are hardly going to say you can't pass through! Although thats exactly what some astronauts have said
ec2ff8023ed4f2712606b8af2080aab2.jpg
https://www.forbes.com/sites/kateof...rd-threatens-to-leak-sensitive-911-documents/

No hush up at Rodwell?
Not in my opinion. The cost and distance of space flight (using any known or imagined technology) makes it unlikely that some aliens came all this way just to muck about in the deserts of New Mexico. More likely to to be a military high altitude balloon - part of a project that was being developed to detect Russian bomb testing. In fact I think the US army admitted as such in the 90s.
I think it is highly likely that advanced alien life exists and highly unlikely they have been to earth.

Has anyone tried paying cash into anyone else's account lately? ....attempted to pay cash (£100) into my youngest account, in a branch of his bank. They wouldn't accept cash ! .....I had to go to my bank pay it (back) into my account in a branch of my bank then transfer it to my son's account from there!!!....it arrived in me youngest account the following day - he needed the cash immediately, which wasn't helpful.

I don't do ebanking, or have , out of choice, a credit card or cheque book. I stick to my luddite ways as much as I can

Since discovering banks don't accept cash payments into someone else's account I've used PayPal to transfer money (f n f of course)

Last year I visited a well known insurance broker in Witney to renew my policy, when I presented them with cash ( @£200ish from memory) they looked at me as if I was from another planet (how I got through the Van Allen Belt is for another discussion) initially they said they couldn’t accept cash, only cheque, debit card or bank transfer. After I made a fuss they agreed to take the cash but couldn’t give any change!

Last year I visited a well known insurance broker in Witney to renew my policy, when I presented them with cash ( @£200ish from memory) they looked at me as if I was from another planet (how I got through the Van Allen Belt is for another discussion) initially they said they couldn’t accept cash, only cheque, debit card or bank transfer. After I made a fuss they agreed to take the cash but couldn’t give any change!
No change given? Sounds like an un manned toll bridge booth ... or an oxford city council car park

All the plastic (& paper -cheques) n electronic ways to move money about, when it comes down to it is moving cash from one place to another.

In fewer n fewer areas now cash is king, if paying in sterling you can haggle n negotiate if you wish. Enquiring 'how much for cash?' can and does often result in a reduction in what is being purchased. Plastic doesn't seem to be as flexible as cash.
Cash often talks ....mine invariably says goodbye to me!

I think it is highly likely that advanced alien life exists and highly unlikely they have been to earth.
Not sure about the first part, there's countless planets out there that could harbour life, but agree with the second part. Why would you travel across galaxies just to abduct American hillbillies?

Not sure about the first part, there's countless planets out there that could harbour life, but agree with the second part. Why would you travel across galaxies just to abduct American hillbillies?
I think you misread it. I think it is highly likely there is intelligent life out there. Not so sure about down here on earth sometimes though... ;)

I think you misread it. I think it is highly likely there is intelligent life out there. Not so sure about down here on earth sometimes though... ;)
Ah right, sorry about that, sneaking forum reads in during work never ends well ?

As you can tell by my name on here, I live in Amersham, in Bucks. Every time I try to listen to Radio Oxford, I have to move my car forward a few feet, to get a good reception, where its parked. I cannot receive Rad Ox in my home. I have a digital radio, like everyone else. I only live 35 miles from our wonderful Curse-him stadium, but get a s**t reception here. I believe they used an Analogue system in 1969, which they had to point at Cape whotsit, to be able to send/receive their transmission signals. Even today, with digital Sky Dishes, they have to be lined up in a certain way. What we forget is, that America and the rest of the world is spinning round at quite a speed. Did they only speak to America when it lined up with the equipment, which, I believe only had a 4 something Kw output?

If anyone knows where I can get a 1960's radio or radiographic equipment, please tell me, because that must have better technology than what we have today!

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lunar_Laser_Ranging_experiment

Use a laser instead, they can hit the moon with those.

One thing that always gets my gander up, is that its always bloody Americans that 'see' aliens!
In American-written films, the aliens manage to go from universe to universe, galaxy by galaxy and yet some shiny-white toothed 'Hi-y'all' from Yanksville manages to destroy the starship Enterbollux with just a poxy little handgun! Save the world? Save the cheese!

The best example of that is Jeff Goldblum uploading a virus into the mothership in Independence Day!

1) It's a good job the aliens were using standard USB ports!
2) How on earth do you write a virus for an operating system you don't know on alien hardware?
3) It's also a good job the aliens hadn't invented passwords or anti virus software!

But things blow up and the Americans save the world. Hooray, brings a tear to my eye...

If aliens can get all the way here from wherever the hell light years away they come from, wouldn’t they be technologically so advanced to us that we would be like cavemen to them? If Earth history is anything to go by why are most of us not dead while the rest are virtually slaves if a far superior civilisation has popped in for a visit?

Unless they realised what a big club Sunderland are and just went home of course.

I personally don't believe (as much as I'd love to) that people have been abducted and had anal probes inserted. Why come all this distance just to shove a rod up some unfortunate sod's ringpiece? Surely they have clubs for that sort of thing on the planet Scroton..................its all bollox to me.

Er, changing the topic slightly..........I've just been watching an NASA chappie being interviewed, saying something along the lines of 'one day, we will be able to safely through the Van Allen Belt'. I thought they already did, from 1969-72 on those 6 lunar missions? Surely a slip of the tongue there............?Hmmm.

Er, changing the topic slightly..........I've just been watching an NASA chappie being interviewed, saying something along the lines of 'one day, we will be able to safely through the Van Allen Belt'. I thought they already did, from 1969-72 on those 6 lunar missions? Surely a slip of the tongue there............?Hmmm.
Errm, no, If you look at the diagrams of the Van Allen belt (Wikipedia for example) you will see that it is not like the atmosphere, surrounding the earth like a round shell. It sticks out in two 'ears'. At the moment they plan space flights to avoid the main areas to reduce radiation exposure, which makes calculating trajectories, take off windows etc much more difficult. If you could just plough through the Van Allen belt willy-nilly it would reduce complexity and therefore cost.

dunno about aliens, moon landings being a hoax or not....however I can confirm there is Life on Mars .... saw it on tv (great tv series too)

LOM_characters.jpg

Back
Top Bottom