General Ticketing and Retail

Although you're joking, I know that some of the senior management of the club have been irritated by the dot counting, and attendance threads, thinking that it's "none of our business" how many tickets have been sold. They didn't like that we could forecast the likely attendance better than they could. You really couldn't make this s**t up.

Meanwhile, we are now into the 15th day without a fully functioning ticket system, and the 15th day without so much as an acknowledgement from the club that things have gone wrong. No update of when the new system might be working, and a crystal clear example that they don't think we're worthy of an explanation.

Customers, my a**e!
15 days and counting is crazy.
Did you mention in a previous post that the shift to this new enabler , was not of the clubs making ?

15 days and counting is crazy.
Did you mention in a previous post that the shift to this new enabler , was not of the clubs making ?
No, not as such.

The old system, which was increasingly not fit for purpose was due to expire, and the club knew this, and failed to put a new system in place soon enough, and also failed to inform fans until one hour before the old one shut down.

As I understand it, it was then impossible to temporarily extend the old system, once the club realised the new one wasn't going to work. I think I mentioned this in another post, so maybe that's what you're thinking of?

The club are 100% to blame for turning this into a major problem, and it should never have come to this.

Knowing that the club monitor this forum, I'm surprised that nothing has been commissioned from the media section (Chris Williams) to put, or at least attempt to put, a positive spin on this calamity. The embarrassment alone is bad enough but frankly, in any other business this would surely lead to someone either losing their job or facing demotion. I wouldn't wish for anyone to lose their job but, seriously, some form of communication is long overdue.

Knowing that the club monitor this forum, I'm surprised that nothing has been commissioned from the media section (Chris Williams) to put, or at least attempt to put, a positive spin on this calamity. The embarrassment alone is bad enough but frankly, in any other business this would surely lead to someone either losing their job or facing demotion. I wouldn't wish for anyone to lose their job but, seriously, some form of communication is long overdue.

I think that there is a disconnect between the communications team (Adam Benson) and the media team (Chris Williams).

Chris is Oxford through and through and although some of his content was a bit cheesy and his interview questions are a bit soft, but at least it felt like we were getting something coming out. We're now seeing virtually nothing in the way of comms, even over things which would generally be well received.

I defend the club more than most, but it's getting harder and harder to do so when it feels that some are going out of their way to mess things up. If they are seeing a few well intended individuals on here looking to increase matchday attendance by promoting games and providing regular updates on sales as a bad thing, then something has gone badly wrong.

ℹ️ Digital services and full ticketing functionality will be restored shortly. Tomorrow, Yellows Account users will receive an email outlining how to access their account. No action needs to be taken prior to receiving this email.

I think that there is a disconnect between the communications team (Adam Benson) and the media team (Chris Williams).

Chris is Oxford through and through and although some of his content was a bit cheesy and his interview questions are a bit soft, but at least it felt like we were getting something coming out. We're now seeing virtually nothing in the way of comms, even over things which would generally be well received.

I defend the club more than most, but it's getting harder and harder to do so when it feels that some are going out of their way to mess things up. If they are seeing a few well intended individuals on here looking to increase matchday attendance by promoting games and providing regular updates on sales as a bad thing, then something has gone badly wrong.

Spot on.

No, not as such.

The old system, which was increasingly not fit for purpose was due to expire, and the club knew this, and failed to put a new system in place soon enough, and also failed to inform fans until one hour before the old one shut down.

As I understand it, it was then impossible to temporarily extend the old system, once the club realised the new one wasn't going to work. I think I mentioned this in another post, so maybe that's what you're thinking of?

The club are 100% to blame for turning this into a major problem, and it should never have come to this.
Thanks for clarifying.
I see we now have had an announcement .
Online service resumes sometime tomorrow .

What's the betting that the mail doesn't arrive tomorrow, or contains mistakes, or that accounts aren't accessible?
Fair to middling, I'd say.
I went on the site just now and changed the password. All worked well and purchased a ticket for Cheltenham.

Last edited:

And again, it appears that Adam Benson is an issue. I wonder if this is intentional?
Also, where does Lee Barton figure in this? His position is Head of Retail and Ticketing, surely this is part of his remit?

The board should be made to dot count as punishment, like doing lines but perpetual. They need to be punished for the woeful running of the club.
Some people have literally given up trying to get tickets.
From where we are it would be an upgrade to go back to cash on the turnstile.
If I worked at the club and had played a major part in this balls up I would have resigned.
You literally couldn't write it.
I reckon this lot lot would run a bar without beer.

Sorry needed to rant

Back
Top Bottom