General Tim Williams Vote of Confidence

Do you have confidence in Tim Williams leadership?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
We had form for this under Kassam.

Shell out £150k *each* for Paul Moody and Sam Stockley but force players to bring their own meals for away day travel. Spend silly money bringing in the league’s top goal scorer on a good contract in Andy Scott for a pointless battle against relegation but then not offer any contracts to the manager and players because ‘I don’t know what division they’ll be in’.

It’s rapid spending on some areas and pulling the drawbridge up on others with a ‘that’s enough spending for now’ attitude.

I don’t understand it and, even more embarrassingly, it’s on DB to try to explain and rationalise it. Haul TW in front of the microphone and ask him to justify it.

What odds is it that Tim not nice and dim will have a cold on the fans forum evening so won't be in attendance?

What odds is it that Tim not nice and dim will have a cold on the fans forum evening so won't be in attendance?
He'll turn up and, in nice polite and corporate speak, tell us all that he's in charge for the good of the club and community etc and that we can all go swivel.

He'll turn up and, in nice polite and corporate speak, tell us all that he's in charge for the good of the club and community etc and that we can all go swivel.

A corporate business losing loyal customers is never a good thing.

Apologies if this has been covered but what jobs did he have before OUFC and were any in football?

I'd rather chuck £30 towards a Williams out banner than waste more money watching the football.

Apologies if this has been covered but what jobs did he have before OUFC and were any in football?

I'd rather chuck £30 towards a Williams out banner than waste more money watching the football.
  • Tim Williams. United have announced they hope to appoint Williams as chief executive, subject to EFL approval. He has previously served as chief financial officer at Inter Milan and group financial controller at Man Utd. Williams is a chartered accountant, a visiting professor at Manchester Metropolitan University Business School and sits on the advisory board of the MMU Institute of Sport.
From an article before we officially hired him.

A corporate business losing loyal customers is never a good thing.

Are we losing customers though? Genuine question, not trying to be asinine.

Despite the atmosphere being flat as a pancake, attendances remain surprisingly decent (albeit we’ve had some good away followings recently, excluding a Wigan). By the fair hand of Corporate Overlord Tim on the retail side we’re doing well. Those activations are working well too.

And we’re moving towards that time when they start being nice to the season ticket customers because it’s not that long before they need us to part with our money for another season. (Before duly ignoring us come August).

If we do fail to Play-Offs this season it really will be interesting to see what the reaction is on ST sales. Another slip up after a rare blistering start to a season. On the heels of the dreadful season the year before (and blowing a good position after Christmas the year before, and getting pummelled in the playoff semi the year before that, and dropping the Covid playoff final before that) it will be interesting to see how the corporates spin it.

(Actually, thinking realistically/cynically about it - they’ll anticipate the drop in ST sales, then pump up the price knowing that the bedrock fanbase who they know they can use and abuse regardless will fill the coffers if they drop a few emotive press releases about finances, the new stadium, backing the team/project etc…)

• Tim Williams. United have announced they hope to appoint Williams as chief executive, subject to EFL approval. He has previously served as chief financial officer at Inter Milan and group financial controller at Man Utd. Williams is a chartered accountant, a visiting professor at Manchester Metropolitan University Business School and sits on the advisory board of the MMU Institute of Sport.
Does being a financial controller mean he's qualified for his job he has now 🤔

Are we losing customers though? Genuine question, not trying to be asinine.

Despite the atmosphere being flat as a pancake, attendances remain surprisingly decent (albeit we’ve had some good away followings recently, excluding a Wigan). By the fair hand of Corporate Overlord Tim on the retail side we’re doing well. Those activations are working well too.

And we’re moving towards that time when they start being nice to the season ticket customers because it’s not that long before they need us to part with our money for another season. (Before duly ignoring us come August).

If we do fail to Play-Offs this season it really will be interesting to see what the reaction is on ST sales. Another slip up after a rare blistering start to a season. On the heels of the dreadful season the year before (and blowing a good position after Christmas the year before, and getting pummelled in the playoff semi the year before that, and dropping the Covid playoff final before that) it will be interesting to see how the corporates spin it.

(Actually, thinking realistically/cynically about it - they’ll anticipate the drop in ST sales, then pump up the price knowing that the bedrock fanbase who they know they can use and abuse regardless will fill the coffers if they drop a few emotive press releases about finances, the new stadium, backing the team/project etc…)

Maybe not a huge percentage currently as season ticket holders are counted in attendance regardless if they are actually present but I assume there will be a bigger drop off for the start of next season. Someone else posted earlier that it's becoming a bit like a chore attending home games at the moment, that's exactly how I'm feeling at the moment.

I haven't felt this disconnected from the club for years.

Does being a financial controller mean he's qualified for his job he has now 🤔

It means he's good at crunching numbers and penny pinching but you wouldn't want him running the show as he would P**s off all the staff below him who would get sick of it and leave.

Maybe not a huge percentage currently as season ticket holders are counted in attendance regardless if they are actually present but I assume there will be a bigger drop off for the start of next season. Someone else posted earlier that it's becoming a bit like a chore attending home games at the moment, that's exactly how I'm feeling at the moment.

I haven't felt this disconnected from the club for years.

I pretty much agree. I’ve read elsewhere that it feels like we’re going out of a ‘sense of duty’ and because ‘that’s what you do on a Saturday’. I think those are relevant too.

I must confess I did think nearly 9k there yesterday felt quite high yesterday. Not quite MK Dons levels of laughable - but when it was announced I did look around and think ‘are there seriously 9,000 people in here’? (And had time to really ponder that because we so tedious on the pitch 😭)

I think he once let slip he was at Man U and Inter Milan, can't be sure though because he doesn't like talking about it.
Only once? Think you need to meet him more then Ryobi will find out

All this talk of "season ticket holders" is, of course under the new parlance, all nonsense. We are "season ticket applicants" all waiting with baited breath in a queue of thousands, all hoping that we are the chosen ones. That's how they do it at Man U and Inter so why not at OUFC too?
- The gospel according to Saint Timothy -

I think he once let slip he was at Man U and Inter Milan, can't be sure though because he doesn't like talking about it.
That always makes me laugh, the I used to work for Man U or some FTSE business but we are a SMS so you've had no real experience of where you now are. Expecting the non existing HR department to sort out your issues or to have to get your hands dirty at the coal face. They are world's apart.

So he is apparently highly “qualified” and no doubt chosen to smooth the way and connect with those who will steer us over the financial hurdles, ahead of the stadium build.
And maybe that’s the problem.
It appears to be all about the financial outcomes.
They don’t seem to understand the emotional connection felt by fans for there club and how, from time to time ( especially when moral is low) the club needs to return that love and reassure the fan base .

Last edited:
So he is apparently highly “qualified” and no doubt chosen to smooth the way and connect with those who will steer us over the financial hurdles, ahead of the stadium build.
And maybe that’s the problem.
It appears to be all about the financial outcomes.
They don’t seem to understand the emotional connection felt by fans for there club and how, from time to time ( especially when moral is low) the club needs to return that love and reassure the fan base .
Correct he is a numbers person not a people person. As the song say whats love got to do with it, its nothing but a second hand emotion. We love this club he just happens to work at it for financial gain. I'm sure MUFC and Inter Milan look so much better on the CV. But like all of us you work where the money is.

Last edited:
I’ve been a season ticket holder of more years than I can remember while living in north wales an making 1 or 2 home games a season. I carry on buying a season ticket as it’s my way of supporting the club, that said though, for the 1st time in a long time I am questioning whether to bother next season due to Williams, Ferguson and Benson and their attitude towards us as supporters, sorry customers.

I’ve been a season ticket holder of more years than I can remember while living in north wales an making 1 or 2 home games a season. I carry on buying a season ticket as it’s my way of supporting the club, that said though, for the 1st time in a long time I am questioning whether to bother next season due to Williams, Ferguson and Benson and their attitude towards us as supporters, sorry customers.
The fact you go to fewer games must be why you're so positive. Would not blame you at all for saving your money under this circus.

The fact you go to fewer games must be why you're so positive. Would not blame you at all for saving your money under this circus.
If it's a circus Timmy Hallett would be a far more useful CEO than the current incumbent.
I do feel sorry for poor Mr Williams, he thought MUFC and Inter Milan experiences would mean OUFC would be a walk in Trafford Park. However he didn't realise he had to deal with football fans not customers.
I bet his next customer survey is going to be a shitfest, because all quality based businesses do customers surveys to find out where they are underperforming in the eyes of their customers.

TW will sit in front of the fans’ forum and patronise us with the “you don’t really understand” and “we do a lot you don’t know about” angle. He is a politician and won’t DIRECTLY answer any difficult questions; only turn them into ones he WANTS to answer.
And 80% will be “look at how wonderful the new stadium is going to be…”

Back
Top Bottom