Matches Top 6 Race 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's very simple. Lose against Exeter and it don't matter what anybody else does. Season over. Exeter game is a MUST WIN, then hope that lady luck is on our side.
Compared to last season this season has been miles better. Personally I think we would be in the same position if snakeman Manning was still in charged Compared to Des.
I for one am very proud to be a yellow and will always be no matter what.
The triangle is the most important thing. Nothing else matters, no triangle no OUFC
Not necessarily a must win. We could still get in the playoffs with draw, depending on the results of Barnsley, Lincoln and Blackpool.

It's not likely, but possible.

What a bizarre concept to blame all fans as one unit! How do 8 thousand individuals decide, en-masse to accept failure?
And as MC Yellow put it so well, how the hell are you going to stand out on your own and make that difference?!
Just weird.
We all want success and are all equally gutted when we don’t achieve it. Apart from a few who relish the despair and love a moan.

Sadly, we’ve realistically blown it haven’t we? Two games ago it was in our hands. One point from two home games; Lincoln six from two away. Fair play to them - horrible team but they seem to have got the job done.
Disappointing.
On to next season …..
Agree 100% with that at the end of the day were not good enough. It would have been nice ( and it could still happen) to have made the play offs and had 2 cup finals.

It's all irrelevant , win ,lose, or draw .
Other teams slipping or whatever.
The STADIUM is the most IMPORTANT agenda,& topic of conversation SURLY??
Come August it will be, 24 /25 season, no decision one way or another. Time is slipping away ,only one season away fron extinction.
I think I know what I would be worried about more than ,the FA cup, promotion or Dessy Buckingham....

Sadly, we’ve realistically blown it haven’t we? Two games ago it was in our hands. One point from two home games; Lincoln six from two away. Fair play to them - horrible team but they seem to have got the job done.
Disappointing.
On to next season …..
Horrible team that recruited 2 fit centre forwards that have scored goals while we recruited a striker that's been unfit and unreliable is the difference .
A wasteful way of spending resources has proved costly .

Disappointing.
On to next season …..
I hope that the team don't take that view.
Beat Exeter and we probably have a 50/50 chance of the play offs.
Football can be a strange game. If we don't do it then look forward to next season. It isn't quite over yet though.

I hope that the team don't take that view.
Beat Exeter and we probably have a 50/50 chance of the play offs.
Football can be a strange game. If we don't do it then look forward to next season. It isn't quite over yet though.
Of course we can hope, and we’ll be at Exeter. But can’t help the nagging feeling it’s an opportunity lost.

Followed by gob off at the ref, foul, roll around on the floor with a pretend head injury, time waste and generally act like complete twats!

It might get Lincoln into the playoffs but I wouldn't want that style of football anywhere near this club.
I would take there keeper for sure just what we need a keeper that comes and takes croses.

Yes. They influence a culture at a football club.

Our current culture is rotten.
It’s a culture that accepts failure.

Speaking as someone that pays £500 for a ST and travels the length and breadth of the country every week to watch my football club, I think I’m quite entitled to call you out as a knob

Rotten culture? I’ll remember that when I’m in the a**e end of nowhere in January on a wet cold Tuesday night.

Last edited:
It's very simple. Lose against Exeter and it don't matter what anybody else does. Season over. Exeter game is a MUST WIN, then hope that lady luck is on our side.
Compared to last season this season has been miles better. Personally I think we would be in the same position if snakeman Manning was still in charged Compared to Des.
I for one am very proud to be a yellow and will always be no matter what.
The triangle is the most important thing. Nothing else matters, no triangle no OUFC
Yes the Triangle is the most important thing no ground no club only two seasons left at the Kassam we all need to get behind this.

Plus the pen not given for a blatant handball against Stevenage on Friday too.
But we will have had decisions go for us over the previous 44 or 45 games, there’s no excuses we’ve had our chances and not taken them. There’s no guarantee we score the spot kick and it’s nonsense when people say getting ahead against Stevenage is key. Look at their results, they’ve come back loads of time after going a goal behind.

We will still make the top 6 .We will beat Exeter & Barnsley slump continues with a draw to Northampton .
We're just doing it the ox way .Makes for an exciting away trip .

Speaking as someone that pays £500 for a ST and travels the length and breadth of the country every week to watch my football club, I think I’m quite entitled to call you out as a knob

Rotten culture? I’ll remember that when I’m in the a**e end of nowhere in January on a wet cold Tuesday night.

Rotten in terms of accepting failure correct.

Keep the same energy you had for KR for a manager who come out in and turned a functioning football side from an a side in automatics to a side now not even getting a play off place when a club like Lincoln are.

If only the football club appointed a decent replacement when a quality manager in Liam Manning moved on.

Sorry for not accepting what will be a 7/8th place finish next week from a position of 2nd with a united team & fanbase after Orient away.

It’s complete failure. We will be achieving the same as Shrewsbury this season.

Rotten in terms of accepting failure correct.

Keep the same energy you had for KR for a manager who come out in and turned a functioning football side from an a side in automatics to a side now not even getting a play off place when a club like Lincoln are.

If only the football club appointed a decent replacement when a quality manager in Liam Manning moved on.

Sorry for not accepting what will be a 7/8th place finish next week from a position of 2nd with a united team & fanbase after Orient away.

It’s complete failure. We will be achieving the same as Shrewsbury this season.
This is purely conjecture. There is absolutely no way of knowing that we wouldn't be in the same position under Manning.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom