General YellowsForum’s favourite biscuit

What is your favourite biscuit in the list below?

• McVities Digestive

Votes: 1 2.5%
  • McVities Milk Chocolate Digestive

Votes: 5 12.5%
  • McVities Dark Chocolate Digestive

Votes: 5 12.5%
  • Hob-Nobs

Votes: 2 5.0%
  • Chocolate Hob-Nobs

Votes: 7 17.5%
  • Rich Tea

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Bourbon

Votes: 4 10.0%
  • Maryland Cookies

• Fig Rolls

• Nice

• Shortbread

• Fruit Shortcake

• Custard Cream

• Ginger Nut

Votes: 3 7.5%
  • Pink Wafer

• Jammie Dodgers

• Cadbury's Chocolate Fingers

• Malted Milk

• Jaffa Cakes

• Party Rings

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
How can this be a serious poll with no lemon puffs? 🤷‍♂️😠
It's a fair point; they were on my long-list. Because of the limited number of choices I can use, I had to cull a few, and based on their now (and unfortunate) reduced availability, the proud Lemon Puff was chopped.

Last edited by a moderator:
It's a fair point; they were on my long-list. Because of the limited number of choices I can use, I had to cull a few, and based on their now (and unfortunate) reduced availability, the proud Lemon Puff was chopped.

For the reason mentioned above, replace Jaffa Cakes with Lemon Puffs.

Chocolate fingers are far too chocolatey to be a biscuit, and far too biscuity to be a chocolate. Maybe the next poll can be between fingers, kit kats and twixs?

The poor old Wagon Wheel does not even get a mention. Picked them up from Curran's Stores in Town Furze in the mid fifties. 3d. old money, about 2p today.

I know.

Jaffa Cakes are in the biscuit section of a supermarket. That’s good enough for me.
A similar standpoint was voiced in an advertising campaign of 2021. Having both qualities of cake and biscuit it was said that "it can be whatever it wants to be" That's good enough for me! ;) However, Hobnobs are the go to dunkers - chocolate tends to melt.

The poor old Wagon Wheel does not even get a mention. Picked them up from Curran's Stores in Town Furze in the mid fifties. 3d. old money, about 2p today.
Should the ‘wrapped’ biscuit poll go ahead, it will definitely be included.

I voted for subtlety, the Nice biscuit is economical and delicious, specially when consumed with a cup of milk-less tea.

That’s interesting that they go back that far,I think I first encountered them in the early 70s. Of course they were *massive* in those days.

Hobnobs winning? Bloody hell, that's like selecting Martin Gray over Joey Beauchamp... Some people have no idea what an exciting biscuit looks like.

Back
Top Bottom