Away Match Day Thread +++ 1/1/2019 Plymouth Argyle v OUFC match day thread+++

The problem is, what is a new manager going to do? When he's had a squad of fit players, KR has got decent results - see our unbeaten run. But as a previous poster said, the squad just looks dead on its feet because its so thin, and our performances (and results) are suffering. Recruitment in January could change that. But if we're being priced out of a sufficient standard of player, as it seemed happened in the summer, we could have Pep Guardiola as manager and we still wouldn't be able to bring in the right players. No amount of 'fresh impetus' is going to mend players' injuries, resolve their fatigue or make them willing to take a cut in wages to play for us.

This is pretty shocking though.

Quick question, during “the run”, who was playing/fit who we now don’t have due to injury? Holmes has been in and out all season (mostly out). I can’t think of any other players.

Sarge, give us an honest, unbiased opinion so far. It looks bad from this end.
it aint great.... quite a few agyle worried that theyll throw the lead away yet..... trouble is its not the muttering green army we're up against

The problem is, what is a new manager going to do? When he's had a squad of fit players, KR has got decent results - see our unbeaten run. But as a previous poster said, the squad just looks dead on its feet because its so thin, and our performances (and results) are suffering. Recruitment in January could change that. But if we're being priced out of a sufficient standard of player, as it seemed happened in the summer, we could have Pep Guardiola as manager and we still wouldn't be able to bring in the right players. No amount of 'fresh impetus' is going to mend players' injuries, resolve their fatigue or make them willing to take a cut in wages to play for us.

This is pretty shocking though.

We’re at a critical point of the season and I think there is someone who can turn this season around, that’s the boards job to find them not ours! We can’t possibly allow Robbo to bring in more Sam Smith’s, Luke Garbutt’s and injury crocks (Mackie, Carruthers and Holmes). Plenty of games left to allow a rebuild but Tiger should act quickly before Robbo is allowed to compound his recruitment failures.

Surely he has to go purely based on results....

Assuming they lose today, 0 points over the Xmas period with two home games against average (at best) sides is enough alone to see some managers lose their jobs but when you consider how they are performing against the very publicly stated aims for the season it’s an untenable position.

Yes, there has been a “good” run but a lot of those games have been draws, which don’t keep you up, but also against lower division or lower end of league 1 sides in the cup.... again, these results do not keep you up.

I guess some people will point to being unlucky with injuries, maybe that is true but that’s part and parcel of football isn’t it?! The managers job is to get a group of players together which can cope with the loss of players through injury or suspension,

Again, he has failed.

Can anyone make an argument for him to keep his job based on what he was done at OUFC to date rather than what he “might” do “if” players get fit or “if” they have a good transfer window.....

I’ll be amazed if anyone can....

All the management do (and I include Tiger in this) is talk about what’s coming up or ‘wait for an announcement’.

We get nothing. We need players in. Anyone have faith in Tiger delivering them?

What announcement? Maybe WOW

Whilst our "board" are merrily spending many thousands on Planning Consultant's fees our threadbare squad of crocks & bad purchases slides unerringly towards League 2. I don't think Tiger is the real world.

Here on a guaranteed year long loan I’m afraid.
couldnt someone at OUFC add a letter A, & tippex out the 'a' in loan on his (year long) contract, the add a letter e... so it now reads Garbutt is on a guaranteed year long ALONE contract?:unsure:

Back
Top Bottom