Home Match Day Thread +++ 2/10/18 OUFC v Luton Town +++

Exactly Zero. Agree with everything you say. The decision to make young Baptiste Captain is mind boggling! Nelson will be on his way in January and plays like he is already in the Departure Lounge.
The only real problem is will Tiger now admit he has made a grave error of judgement in his WOW Manager appointment? Where will he find the funds to pay off those who will surely now go & what about cash to attract a replacement?

I agree with most of what’s been said on this thread, except the criticism of Nelson. I think he’s still one of our best players - that having been said, he’ll be off in January, as will a few others I’d guess.
The KR comments about Obika’s pace are quite staggering. It’s almost like KR is taking the p*ss out of himself. He is the worst player for pace, control, movement and ideas we’ve had here for some time. As has been pointed out, we are playing with ten men as the others ignore him.
The management of Baptiste is inept. Incredible.
The random rotation of the right backs is baffling.
Luton are a poor team who could have murdered us if their shooting had been up to much. How we reached half time at 0-0 I’ll never know.
League 2 is a probability, not a possibility and we’ll have to face that fact.

Ah, I see. I know we tried the 'diamond', the 'lone striker' and the 'Christmas tree'. At that point we were obviously trying out the 'Keystone Kops'. :(

The chances of getting Ricky Holmes to sign a permanent deal with us are getting thinner by the week. If he goes back in January we are properly doomed.

Its a mess at the back tbh, i hate to be negative but the truth of the matter is we were all over the place. I thought the first half yesterday was extremely poor. Full of individual mistakes. Unfortunately trying to play it out from the back, every time, is not working at the moment. We are getting ourselves into trouble time and time again. Its a risky strategy which often results in us losing possession in a dangerous area. Sometimes please, just knock it long.

Its a mess at the back tbh, i hate to be negative but the truth of the matter is we were all over the place. I thought the first half yesterday was extremely poor. Full of individual mistakes. Unfortunately trying to play it out from the back, every time, is not working at the moment. We are getting ourselves into trouble time and time again. Its a risky strategy which often results in us losing possession in a dangerous area. Sometimes please, just knock it long.

After 20mins we went long every time. Obika won one header in the second half. The CBs won every header and picked up the second balls...the rest of the half was just wave after wave of Luton attack

All the teams we play are so much physically stronger than we are and a good 6 inches taller. Do we recruit short people on purpose? They may be technically better footballers but not man enough for what we’re up against

After 20mins we went long every time. Obika won one header in the second half. The CBs won every header and picked up the second balls.

i dont think it was long every time. My point was more about messing around in our own half trying to pass it out more often than not is putting us in danger. Agree about knocking it long, Obika just doesn't put himself about enough to win headers and we do seem to win hardly any of the 2nd balls. Anyone got a Plan C? :LOL:

I was having flashbacks to last night as I enjoyed the rush hour on the central line this morning. We were actually time wasting and taking time over making changes etc and yes we were down to 10 but surely at home we should have been trying to win the game!

This is the most angry I have felt for a long time..

Fuming, frustrated n totally fucked off after last nights latest horror show from Gobbo Robbo's reshuffled pack of jokers
Avoiding posting anything last night, intention being in the cold light of day I may view last nights disastrous display differently.
I dont!

He , (Gobbo) did a good job turning round the situation the fokused Catalan left us in..... then he brings in Derry the Disrupter in the close season, since which I reckon the results speak absolute volumes..... Gobbo & the Disrupter BOTH need to go. NOW

Back
Top Bottom