Transfer News 2022/23 Season Incoming Transfers and a few other things

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can someone point me to where KR has *actually said* the words "we're going to get our business done early"?! I remember it a few seasons back, but the only thing I remember him saying this season was that we'd be aggressive this window which means something completely different. The same thing happened last season where he got slammed for that line when in reality he didn't actually say it. I'm all for bashing KR when he does something, but did he actually say that or are people just using it to beat him with because they're impatient?
Screenshot_2022-06-16-17-02-07-49_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12~2.jpg

Are you surprised a forum full of football fans is reactive?

Being twitchy-arsed and reactive is normal. If you want balanced opinion maybe read Paul's fan views!

The mix of reactive, overly positive, overly negative and everything in between views is why I check this forum most days. It's fun.

I think generally some of us take this place to seriously. It's fun, sometimes people are being a bit sarcy and ironic and sometimes people don't read it. We all support the same team and would all get on great down the pub!

COYY!

Speaking generally, there is a certain degree of balance on this forum.

However, with certain posters, there is absolutely zero balance, whatsoever…

Being twitchy-arsed and reactive isn’t normal at all - especially when we have been through this, a countless number of times!

For some, it’s Groundhog Day. Relax.

A bit better than Ipswich I would have thought?
The Ipswich spend was far more than Oxford's (they were favourites to go up) and they finished 3 places below Oxford
Ipswich were hindered by a manager who had poor transfer windows, bringing in the wrong players, with inconsistent results. He was sacked for failing to deliver. They brought in a new manager with different adaptable, fresh ideas, who changed things around and the clubs fortunes.

Last season the first 5 games:
W 3
D 1
L1

That doesn't suggest that we weren't ready for the start of the season?
Over last 4 seasons we’ve started slowly in our opening 10 league games:
2021/22 4/10 wins is average at best
2020/21 3/10 wins not got going
2019/20 3/10 wins not got going
2018/19 1/10 wins alarming

We missed a trick back in 2020 had the season finished over the 46 games if covid didn’t effect the season I would of fancy us to get automatic’s. I remember several managers coming out & saying at the time we (along with Coventry) we’re the best side in the league & we should of won the playoffs instead to make up for missing out autos but we blew it,

The only way KR will get us promotion is by automatic’s like his 1 promotion with MK I have no faith in him through the playoffs
(5 attempts 3 with MK 2 with OUFC = 0 promotions)

Attachments

• BD842C14-12AA-41A9-8E6B-EF800CCE7D2F.jpeg
    BD842C14-12AA-41A9-8E6B-EF800CCE7D2F.jpeg
    472.9 KB · Views: 23
Christ, we really do need a signing or two don't we!!!
Come on it's only week one. Just because other teams are quick out of the blocks. Have faith in the chosen one. Once he has finished sunning himself and supping cocktails, there will still be plenty of time to assemble his usual band of warriors. No doubt better than this league has ever seen.

Bristol City sign Oxford City youngster - interesting one, as I'd have thought we would have been tipped off about him. Could follow in Cundy's footsteps:

I know his dad very well Kidlington lad, he was release by Southampton few years ago went to Northampton for a period along with Dani Lucas another local lad who signed for MK Dons

Come on it's only week one. Just because other teams are quick out of the blocks. Have faith in the chosen one. Once he has finished sunning himself and supping cocktails, there will still be plenty of time to assemble his usual band of warriors. No doubt better than this league has ever seen.
Yeah what kind of selfish a**e goes on holiday with his family after 50 odd weeks without a prolonged break.

I know his dad very well Kidlington lad, he was release by Southampton few years ago went to Northampton for a period along with Dani Lucas another local lad who signed for MK Dons
I’ve seen him a couple of times, very nippy and tricky though slight and slim. We may have been after him, though he’s surely moved sooner than you’d expect

Can someone point me to where KR has *actually said* the words "we're going to get our business done early"?! I remember it a few seasons back, but the only thing I remember him saying this season was that we'd be aggressive this window which means something completely different. The same thing happened last season where he got slammed for that line when in reality he didn't actually say it. I'm all for bashing KR when he does something, but did he actually say that or are people just using it to beat him with because they're impatient?

I was going to say, so I'm glad someone else has as well, I'm not sure he has even slightly said anything close to it this time round.

• React
Reactions: UTO
I’ve seen him a couple of times, very nippy and tricky though slight and slim. We may have been after him, though he’s surely moved sooner than you’d expect
PR-B spoke highly of him on the radio in the play off matches. Thing is I guess as another young right winger when we already have Tyler Goodrham might not have helped?

I'd be less annoyed about not signing anyone yet if KR wasn't crowing about "getting our business done early"
Yeah what kind of selfish a**e goes on holiday with his family after 50 odd weeks without a prolonged break.
How dare you use words such as that to describe kr, disgusting words. An a**e maybe, but selfish, never. He's more than happy to share out his football wisdom.

Sheyi Ojo? Just released by Liverpool. Was at MK Dons as a teenager around when KR would have been. Lots of loans in championship. 24 so good age. And I always sign him on football manager so……
Tbh if he was at MK when KR was there or he’s been released by Liverpool, at 24 a name that doesn’t jump out at you so maybe move on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom