Transfer News 2022/23 Season Incoming Transfers and a few other things

Status
Not open for further replies.
Talk of Roofe going to a league 1 club, when Jones has now agreed terms sums our summer up!
Low basic wage with appearance bonuses for Jones. Same as Bodin last season.
If he’s over his knee problems he’d be a good signing. But It’s likely we’ll do well to get 25 games from him. Could be the same for Bodin, Browne and Baldock.

Someone asked who the striker we’ve made a bid for is… this past few days we’ve made numerous offers to clubs and contracts to players, we’ve been knocked back so many times all summer it’s now getting desperate!

Been so many things wrong with the club this summer from whose running the show, what type of players we want to a manager who didn’t know what he wanted or where he wanted to be…
So cheap then? Excellent. I hope this post will finally embarrass the head in the sands happy clappers who were insistent all was fine and dandy and we were just holding fire on our master plan.

Talk of Roofe going to a league 1 club, when Jones has now agreed terms sums our summer up!
If he’s over his knee problems he’d be a good signing. But It’s likely we’ll do well to get 25 games from him. Could be the same for Bodin, Browne and Baldock.

Someone asked who the striker we’ve made a bid for is… this past few days we’ve made numerous offers to clubs and contracts to players, we’ve been knocked back so many times all summer it’s now getting desperate!

Been so many things wrong with the club this summer from whose running the show, what type of players we want to a manager who didn’t know what he wanted or where he wanted to be…
But Scotchegg and a few other positives say everything is going well and hunky dorey, and they are not concerned at all! Mmmmmmmm

Wow.... coming from you UTO who has proved time and again that you really have your finger on the pulse, that is quite damning and very worrying... are you saying that KR had his head turned earlier in the summer at a crucial time for us? Was it the QPR job?

How many players have we “joined the race for” or “shown an interest in”? It really means very little. And although Egg will doubtless claim it’s a sign of ambition, we have managed to sign/loan , er … none of them in the last couple of months. Unfortunately KR has an over-inflated sense of his own appeal and Oxford clearly isn’t as attractive a destination as he’d like to believe. As has happened before, they’ll doubtless be two or three panic third/fourth choice panic buys a few days before Derby.

I always like to imagine the metaphor as literal.

Ie when you "join the race" all the managers are lined up and the first one to the end of the pitch gets to sign the player. Would certainly explain why we seem to miss out a fair bit.

I guess it's better than 'beating off stiff opposition' though.

My bubble of optimism has been well and truly burst 🫧 💥

I always like to imagine the metaphor as literal.

Ie when you "join the race" all the managers are lined up and the first one to the end of the pitch gets to sign the player. Would certainly explain why we seem to miss out a fair bit.

I guess it's better than 'beating off stiff opposition' though.
I can’t see Stevenage signing many players if that was the case! 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: m

Concerning coming from you, UTO, but not that surprising. January was pretty similar to this, really. Felt like we were waiting for the scraps at the end. Didn't end up with what we really needed - a CDM - and had to rely on free agent market for the striker we also needed. Only got Browne because Charlton didn't want to take an expensive risk on his fitness and C.Brown felt very much like a panic signing at the end (although one that did end up working for us).

We have got money, we're in a nice area of the world, we have got great training facilities and we've been competing near the top of L1 for the past three seasons...so why is it seemingly so hard to do transfers?

Uh oh. This forum is about to have a field day with this…

If Roofe is/was a realistic possibility, and we’ve ended up with Jones, then even I, with my eternal optimism, am going to struggle to put a positive spin on things…

This really doesn’t sound good, and further cements the fact that we are in desperate need of a Director Of Football! We can’t have a manager doing all of the deals for players. He’s obviously being stretched too thin this summer, and it’s clearly becoming a hindrance. He’s not Barry Fry, and football has moved on from this being the norm! We can’t continue to operate like this! I think the fact KR is so insistent on doing things himself, might actually put players off. It shows a clear lack of structure at the club. I for one, would be concerned about something like that.

This isn’t how a ‘Top 30’ club would go about things. It’s coming across as a bit lightweight, in my opinion.

I’m nearing my final stop on the positive bus…

But Scotchegg and a few other positives say everything is going well and hunky dorey, and they are not concerned at all! Mmmmmmmm

They know absolutely nothing, all the names getting mentioned were pipedreams.

Some of us knew what was going on, and criticised the window, right from the off, because we knew we were being short changed.

Let’s get the ST money in, and sell a valuable asset, and not re investing in the squad is criminal.

We’ve brought in players that are not going to last the season, or miss some of the season because they are far to injury prone. Not addressing the biggest issue full backs. Left and right side are incredibly weak!

Should Findlay sign, that’s great! He and a Moore will need to be on it this season.

We are looking at mid table this season I’m afraid.

Come on then @Scotchegg try a pathetic attempt of putting a postivie spin on that

Stupid comparison. Two players who have played at the highest level there is! Even then it would depend on their wages v building rest of squad. My opinion is that unfortunately we find ourselves in a position where due to the amount of risks we take, we just have too many risky players and can't afford another one. Yes there is a good chance his ability will win games but also a good chance he will miss lots of the season due to injury and with Baldock out as well, not worth taking the risk on the wages he will undoubtedly be on.
Well I thought our current recruitment was bad but I’m glad at least you’re not in charge 😂

If Kemar Roofe is within in our grasp, and we’ve gone for a crock in stead. The manager needs sacking urgently!

Based over the last few seasons, Roofe is a crock (using your phrase) so how do you square that one away? And I'd happily have Roofe back.

Also, Roofe and Jones don't play in the same position (this isn't aimed at you) and as UTO says Jones isn't on big wages, plus we need a striker so why are they being put together?

Uh oh. This forum is about to have a field day with this…

If Roofe is/was a realistic possibility, and we’ve ended up with Jones, then even I, with my eternal optimism, am going to struggle to put a positive spin on things…

This really doesn’t sound good, and further cements the fact that we are in desperate need of a Director Of Football! We can’t have a manager doing all of the deals for players. He’s obviously being stretched too thin this summer, and it’s clearly becoming a hindrance. He’s not Barry Fry, and football has moved on from this being the norm! We can’t continue to operate like this! I think the fact KR is so insistent on doing things himself, might actually put players off. It shows a clear lack of structure at the club. I for one, would be concerned about something like that.

This isn’t how a ‘Top 30’ club would go about things. It’s coming across as a bit lightweight, in my opinion.

I’m nearing my final stop on the positive bus…
Well what kind of wage is Roofe likely to be on compared to Jones....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom