Home Match Day Thread 23/01/2024 L1: OUFC vs Barnsley

MOTM

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Carpy

Staff member
Should be our toughest test of recent times this evening if the form table is to be believed

Screenshot 2024-01-22 at 17.26.07.png

If you eliminate Thornily on the grounds that a) You want Moore in the centre, and he's wrong-footed to play RCB, and b) He's been crap recently, then the position came down to Smyth vs. Long

In my view, Smyth offers you massively more in terms of passing range and attacking threat, but Long is the better defender.

We're playing the league's second top scorers, and form team......so it doesn't hurt to go that little bit more defensive.

Think I'd have done the same.
Long beaten in the air by Cole for the Barnsley goal - in fact Long scores an own goal.

Bigger stronger more athletic more powerful, exactly what we need but never have

Long will be wishing he wasn’t playing tonight. An Own goal and now looks like he’s going off injured minutes after.

Have to say I was surprised Long was back starting!

Poor conditions but we haven’t played any kind of football. We’ve been penned in by a side who haven’t changed one bit in 18 months - more powerful, direct, good delivery. Being bullied as it stands.

Too much space again and again for theirvwide left player. Either Long or Stevens should be out there.

And again, too much space for an opposition player outside the box!

I don't like 5 at the back.

We were playing the better football early on, and created two good chances (Stevens and McGuane). We can get back into this.

Looked to me more like a Long o.g.

The bigger fault on that goal was the fact that we gave their player an acre of space and an eternity to play that ball in - it was an outstanding delivery, but someone had to get out to him quicker than that.......
You’d still hope your centre back doesn’t arrow a header into the back of his own net, wouldn’t you?

Player straight back in from injury, not exactly surprising. Let’s see how Smyth does. I would have started him.

Was a long og. Similar to Derby,, Barnsley bossing the midfield. Macguane, Stevens, goodrham, Rodriguez anonymous

Wether it’s a own goal or a goal from Cole it’s not good enough he was able to get goal side and infront of his man.

Too much space again and again for theirvwide left player. Either Long or Stevens should be out there.

And again, too much space for an opposition player outside the box!

I don't like 5 at the back.
They are targeting the gap between Stevens and Long.

P**s poor I'm afraid , weak & no heart.
Worse time as well ,With Pompey & Blackpool & a local derby against Reading coming up mmmm where's the passion .

Back
Top Bottom