Home Match Day Thread 23/01/2024 L1: OUFC vs Barnsley

MOTM

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Carpy

Staff member
Should be our toughest test of recent times this evening if the form table is to be believed

Screenshot 2024-01-22 at 17.26.07.png

On this showing we aren't at the level of the top teams in our league. We are too lightweight.

I'll give them the benefit of the doubt that the conditions on the pitch are worse than they look from the stands and that they have hampered our game. Second half will tell.

Barnsley are also closing our defenders down at a frenetic pace - surely they can't keep that up for 90 minutes....

It hasn’t been great, but keep the ball on the floor in the second half, get as many strikes in as possible, and I have a feeling we will edge this.
Long balls down the channels to Harris won’t do the business though, and I fear that’s the way we’ll go.

Been our soft spot all season regardless of selection. Never been dealt with. Smyth no worse but at least offers you quality on the ball. Odd decision to take him out IMO, especially at home where we should be confident of having more of the ball and play positively.

I said this in the transfer thread. We need a solid right back. What we have isn’t good enough.

I don’t care that Long has been at the club for years. He’s not good enough for a top two team, and Lge 1 is his ceiling.

Strange decision to drop Smythe who’s done nothing wrong. To bring on a guy that hasn’t been great all season, struggling for fitness returning from injury, subsequently scores an own goal (I respect it may have not been avoided) and then leaves the pitch re injured a minute later…. Not particularly impressed with that managerial choice, poor.

Back
Top Bottom