Home Match Day Thread 26/12/23: L1 - OUFC v Cambridge

Who was your MOTM?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Northstandboy

Owner
Staff member
As I said in the build up thread, we need a good performance and result in front of a big crowd.

Murphy had tightness but was thought ok, by Buckingham, after the game for today. How often does tightness etc turn into an actual long term lay off for our players? Being told it's tightness or a dead leg is not reassuring at all when it comes to this club!

And Bodin supposedly just having his minutes managed, but now hasn't been in the squad for two games.

Yes something must have gone without doubt. Yes not a bench to change the game only if your trying to manage a bigger defeat .We really are struggling, oh for a win.

Surely not bad enough to not even make the bench when we are desperately short of strikers. I would guess there's been an attitude problem.
I’m never sure what that really means. Who cares if he’s sulky and disrespectful if he has more chance of scoring than GOD?

Who else do you pick?
It wasn’t a dig at the selection, I would have selected the same team. Just more frustration and concern at the lack of options and goal threat in forward areas. It’s been worrying for a few weeks but now Murphy and Bodin are out too we are so short there.

Gosh. I was at that too. A routine a 2-0 win as you’re likely to see.

People often forget in the haze of his successful and brilliantly fun second two seasons that it had to get a lot worse before it got better under MApp.
That Morecambe game when the lights went out, was the closest I've ever come to giving up on the club 😂

Was always going to be the issue the moment we asked Murphy to start a couple of games in short order. His body just isn’t capable of that - and it’s such a shame we’ve almost been forced into flogging his fragility into the ground as he’s been such a useful impact sub this season.

Absolute bare bones offensively. There simply HAS to be some recruitment movement early in the window if we want to stay in touch with the playoffs…

To counter all this doom and gloom, I’m going for 3-0 to the mighty Yellows. Moore, Cam and Ruben to score.

Back
Top Bottom