Current Player #42 Steve Seddon

After tonight do we really feel confident of a play- off place? Answers please.

• Haha
Reactions: m
Biggest problem with the first goal is no one closing down the shot and putting their body on the line. I think it was moore not closing it down. Side on and waved a foot at it. Get in front of it face on. I thought we had turned a corner with the wigan game where people were throwing themselves in front of shots. We have conceded so many goals from outside the box this season for this reason.

This is unfortunately what happens when you only have one player for one team position...brilliant if they are on it, but if they are off form then every game sees them get further into a hole. Urgently, urgently needs a rest...unfortunately with bare bones at the back (again!) he'll be chucked in again on Saturday.

Yes. Loving the team this year. Seddon it would seem has a license to roam so often looks out of position, this adds to the defensive shape issues we see most games. Ultimately I feel we are way too light at the back. Have been all season. Poor cover for pretty much the whole back line with little if any competition for places. Is KR just looking to outgun the opposition?. Up until now, you could argue, we have done this, for the most part anyway. Exciting stuff...

The goals weren't as a direct result and of anything Seddon did or didn't do last night. I think as Sarge alluded to, he did OK.

We failed to close down second balls, which led to the first goal. For me, with such an embarrassment of midfield and attacking riches, I'm not sure I understand the logic of playing Cam further up the pitch. He needs to be back there with Kane, breaking stuff up and making a nuisance and hitting those quarterback passes to get attacks going, while we have the likes of Sykes, Bodin and even McGuane and Browne and Henry in time further up (not to mention the likes of Williams, Holland and Whyte further wide).

Pretty criminal we haven't got a back up left back - Seddon doesnt get you championship football imo

Yes. Loving the team this year. Seddon it would seem has a license to roam so often looks out of position, this adds to the defensive shape issues we see most games. Ultimately I feel we are way too light at the back. Have been all season. Poor cover for pretty much the whole back line with little if any competition for places. Is KR just looking to outgun the opposition?. Up until now, you could argue, we have done this, for the most part anyway. Exciting stuff...
Imo, yes.

Given how things have played out, that would seem to be our best option.....

The goals weren't as a direct result and of anything Seddon did or didn't do last night. I think as Sarge alluded to, he did OK.

We failed to close down second balls, which led to the first goal. For me, with such an embarrassment of midfield and attacking riches, I'm not sure I understand the logic of playing Cam further up the pitch. He needs to be back there with Kane, breaking stuff up and making a nuisance and hitting those quarterback passes to get attacks going, while we have the likes of Sykes, Bodin and even McGuane and Browne and Henry in time further up (not to mention the likes of Williams, Holland and Whyte further wide).
Disagree with that on the second goal. He failed to mark the goalscorer and subsequently failed to close him down. He just stood off him and allowed him a free shot. All basic defending skills and something I would expect from a lge 1 defender.

Disagree with that on the second goal. He failed to mark the goalscorer and subsequently failed to close him down. He just stood off him and allowed him a free shot. All basic defending skills and something I would expect from a lge 1 defender.
I see what you mean on the second, but he was not the only one not closing down. Kane equally to blame for not closing the cross down that led to the goal. We were desperately top heavy by that point and pushing for an equaliser. We got caught up pitch, with leggy players at the back, having to run half a pitch to defend (look where Seddon and Kane came from in the lead up to their second). So I can almost forgive them for that!

However, Seddon was at fault for the sitter they missed in the first half when his sloppy passing and interaction with Williams let them in.

If only Matty had connected with that header:rolleyes:

Football eh?

We will always struggle against the likes of Accy Fleetwood Morecambe Wimbledon Cambridge etc away unless we can get the early goal/goals and our defence really have to be strong
Seddon is an attacking full back and what you need in games like this is a Joe Scartz left back

What is also concerning if Plymouth win there 2 games non hand and we could ebd up outside the play offs and with Bolton this Saturday that will be probably our toughest game this side of Xmas at home

Bigger issues than Seddon defensively I think.

We need a settled back 4.

Long Moore McNally Seddon.

Can we play that back 4 game after game till the end of the season?

The back 4 is also given no protection from the rest of the side.. It was no surprise Seddon looked outstanding at the start of the season when Gorrin featured..

Last nights first goal… ball drops to the edge of the box. no CDM there.. how many goals do we concede like that?

Bigger issues than Seddon defensively I think.

We need a settled back 4.

Long Moore McNally Seddon.

Can we play that back 4 game after game till the end of the season?

The back 4 is also given no protection from the rest of the side.. It was no surprise Seddon looked outstanding at the start of the season when Gorrin featured..

Last nights first goal… ball drops to the edge of the box. no CDM there.. how many goals do we concede like that?
Yes it's not just the defence, it's the midfield as a whole not giving enough protection.

Back
Top Bottom