50% capacity

It’s not going to be possible to allow for social distancing at a full football ground unfortunately though?

I don't want to sound rude but nobody is forcing you to go if you don't want to take the risk.

My thinking is more that if someone is wearing a mask then I'll do my best to give them as much space as practically possible. We all shuffle in and out of seats squeezing past each other, but how we do that can make a difference to those who may still be feeling vulnerable.
Wearing a mask is to prevent the wearer passing on any infection. Not the other way round.

Are you suggesting we wait for zero cases, zero hospitalisations, zero deaths.
If I've just said this
Why do people keep asking this stupid question when the answer is obviously when everyone (who wants to be) is double vaccinated.
why don't you understand what I'm suggesting or are you deliberately misrepresenting me?

I've very well aware of that, but masks have also become something that eases the anxieties of those who still feel vulnerable.

So when is the correct time to stop wearing a mask so that everyone who is vulnerable is not anxious anymore? The longer it goes on the more anxious they will be once the masks are dropped.

Are you suggesting we wait for zero cases, zero hospitalisations, zero deaths.
My Thinking is that we wait till cases are at least flat, if not going down, and at least half the major scientists are happy with opening up. Though I’ve just heard that Chris Whitty is ok with it, which is a bit reassuring.

Will never happen, there are people that die of the common cold every year let alone the flu.

Exactly my point.

We have to move on. The circumstances are as close to safe as they are going to be for a few years yet.

People have become Covid fatigued. The economy has to get back to full, unrestricted activity. The NHS backlist of treatments has to be moved on.

The vaccination programme has been as rapid as it possibly could and so we now have to crack on. Anyone who still feels vulnerable will have to make their own personal safety decisions (harsh but realistic).

Has the Indian Variant led to an increase in ICU cases and deaths? If so by how much?
This time. You haven't been listening much over the past 18 months have you.

I've very well aware of that, but masks have also become something that eases the anxieties of those who still feel vulnerable.
It’s simply about respect; whether someone still chooses to distance, wear masks or sanitise regularly, that’s their choice.
We’ve had these measures for 16 months, some will also find it difficult to let go and we should respect that.

My Thinking is that we wait till cases are at least flat, if not going down, and at least half the major scientists are happy with opening up. Though I’ve just heard that Chris Whitty is ok with it, which is a bit reassuring.

Cases will never be flat, the vaccine stops a percentage of people getting seriously ill of it not catching and spreading. Cases aren't the problem, hospital admissions and deaths should be used as the data.

So when is the correct time to stop wearing a mask so that everyone who is vulnerable is not anxious anymore? The longer it goes on the more anxious they will be once the masks are dropped.
The right time is when the individual chooses to. I'm not advocating mask wearing en masse but that we just respect those that wish to carry on doing so without telling them to stay at home and hide!

The right time is when the individual chooses to. I'm not advocating mask wearing en masse but that we just respect those that wish to carry on doing so without telling them to stay at home and hide!

We can respect their decision but how can the club accommodate them with a full crowd and no masks? Club needs the fans back in the stands, not 50% attendance.

If I've just said this

why don't you understand what I'm suggesting or are you deliberately misrepresenting me?

And I have just said we need to crack on and let people make their own safety decisions.

I am not double vaccinated yet but if UK plc opens up on 19th July, fine by me.

If I go out and I am surrounded by those who have been double jabbed, great, they are safe. If I am also among others who have yet to be double jabbed, well I guess they too have decided to make their own risk assessment.

Out of choice I may mask up at times ( like where Im not comfortable for example- and having got used to mouthing Fuckoff from behind a mask at various numpties, there will be more than a few times I'll continue to do that too I reckon, so best be safe I reckon !) post July 19 - and I'll carry hand san' with me for some time yet .... which is, of course my personal choice
I bet that ain’t all you say 🤣

Last edited:
Cases will never be flat, the vaccine stops a percentage of people getting seriously ill of it not catching and spreading. Cases aren't the problem, hospital admissions and deaths should be used as the data.
Well, if cases are never flat that means we’ll reach a stage where everyone has it! Just think of what sort of variants could develop.

Back
Top Bottom