50% capacity

We can respect their decision but how can the club accommodate them with a full crowd and no masks? Club needs the fans back in the stands, not 50% attendance.

I've explained this before. Everyone should be able to attend, but I just hope that we, the fans, find ways to respect those who may be more vulnerable.

Well, if cases are never flat that means we’ll reach a stage where everyone has it! Just think of what sort of variants could develop.

Hardly as some people are immune to it and don't even know they are carrying it. Variants don't mean s**t if you have a vaccine, it's why there is a yearly flu jab.

I've very well aware of that, but masks have also become something that eases the anxieties of those who still feel vulnerable.
As does the wearing of a mask for a lot of others. At some point we are going to have to get used to the fact that Covid is not going away. It is like Flu. Which, incidentally, is going to be killing a lot of people this winter.

I've explained this before. Everyone should be able to attend, but I just hope that we, the fans, find ways to respect those who may be more vulnerable.
And just how do we identify those who feel vulnerable?

As does the wearing of a mask for a lot of others. At some point we are going to have to get used to the fact that Covid is not going away. It is like Flu. Which, incidentally, is going to be killing a lot of people this winter.
It’s not like like flu!!! Are you f-ing Sajid Javid??

And just how do we identify those who feel vulnerable?
I've spoken about masks. If someone chooses to wear a mask then I will (rightly or wrongly) assume that they want a bit of space either to protect others or themselves. I'm not saying it is perfect or that the club need to do anything differently, but will try to adjust my actions if it makes others feel uncomfortable.

I've spoken about masks. If someone chooses to wear a mask then I will (rightly or wrongly) assume that they want a bit of space either to protect others or themselves. I'm not saying it is perfect or that the club need to do anything differently, but will try to adjust my actions if it makes others feel uncomfortable.
So tempting, so very, very tempting. 🤣

You're right, flu more deadly to vulnerable without a jab then Covid has been.
Well. We didn’t have a years lockdown for flu, did we? And how many youngish people are there with ‘long flu’? And have more than a million people died of flu recently? Have you Tories not been watching the news for the last year??

• React
Reactions: QR
Well. We didn’t have a years lockdown for flu, did we? And how many youngish people are there with ‘long flu’? And have more than a million people died of flu recently? Have you Tories not been watching the news for the last year??
The World Health Organization estimates that worldwide, annual influenza epidemics result in about 3-5 million cases of severe illness and about 250,000 to 500,000 deaths.

Flu has been round for years though so people have built up imunity. We have also had a jab for years but we still have thousands die of it every year. We have a vaccine now for covid it's time to live our lives once again.

Have you Lefties not been reading about flu?

"Three influenza pandemics occurred at intervals of several decades during the 20th century, the most severe of which was the so-called "Spanish Flu" (caused by an A(H1N1) virus), estimated to have caused 20–50 million deaths in 1918–1919. Milder pandemics occurred subsequently in 1957–1958 (the "Asian Flu" caused by an A(H2N2) virus) and in 1968 (the "Hong Kong Flu" caused by an A(H3N2) virus), which were estimated to have caused 1–4 million deaths each."

Have you Lefties not been reading about flu?

"Three influenza pandemics occurred at intervals of several decades during the 20th century, the most severe of which was the so-called "Spanish Flu" (caused by an A(H1N1) virus), estimated to have caused 20–50 million deaths in 1918–1919. Milder pandemics occurred subsequently in 1957–1958 (the "Asian Flu" caused by an A(H2N2) virus) and in 1968 (the "Hong Kong Flu" caused by an A(H3N2) virus), which were estimated to have caused 1–4 million deaths each."

Er yes! The Spanish flu was quite serious! But doesn’t happen every year, thankfully.

Flu has been round for years though so people have built up imunity. We have also had a jab for years but we still have thousands die of it every year. We have a vaccine now for covid it's time to live our lives once again.
My wife’s friend, not old, has got Covid despite being double jabbed. You’re complacent. But I hope your approach proves right.

My wife’s friend, not old, has got Covid despite being double jabbed. You’re complacent. But I hope your approach proves right.

Double jab doesn't stop you catching covid or being ill from it, it's stopping people being severely ill or even dying from it. We aren't going to stop Covid cases ever, it will be round forever now just like the flu. You can hide from it if you like but 16 months of restrictions I will be glad to go back to normal.

Back
Top Bottom