Ex Player Anthony Forde

Get a new contract under his nose asap.

We've had a very good footballer for this level right under our nose and not been utilising him correctly. Perhaps more by luck than judgement on KR's part we've finally seen what he is capable of with an extended run of games. By that I mean were it not for Gorrin's early season injury, Brannagan's unforeseeable eye issue, Sykes suffering with illness and the odd niggle, and Kelly & Mcguane both underperforming, perhaps he would still be sat on our bench getting the odd 15 minutes here and there.

The best thing is with his quality on set pieces even in games where as a team we're not playing well, we're only one corner/free kick away from nicking a point (or even 3).

When Cam is back and up to speed, then we could consider using Forde permanently at RB.

Till then we need him in central midfield.

Oh mate, we played with a competent RB today and were ok-ish. I agree our midfield was slack, failed to protect the defence (Hall, R I'm looking at you mostly) and lacked pace and enterprise. IMHO we should play Clare up the right in front of Forde, Gorrin, Sykes on the middle and some other players on the left with Taylor up top.

Ran out of steam a bit there, me.

I agree play Forde back and put Clare up front we looked much more solid in spite of conceding two more goals and Clare looks like he could offer a lot more further up the pitch.

Get a new contract under his nose asap.

We've had a very good footballer for this level right under our nose and not been utilising him correctly. Perhaps more by luck than judgement on KR's part we've finally seen what he is capable of with an extended run of games. By that I mean were it not for Gorrin's early season injury, Brannagan's unforeseeable eye issue, Sykes suffering with illness and the odd niggle, and Kelly & Mcguane both underperforming, perhaps he would still be sat on our bench getting the odd 15 minutes here and there.

The best thing is with his quality on set pieces even in games where as a team we're not playing well, we're only one corner/free kick away from nicking a point (or even 3).

Don't forget Forde was injured for quite a while.

Sensible decision by the club and the player, he gets a years wages while the market returns to normal and we get a good squad player who can cover several positions and is already settled in.

Seems a bit odd though - Henry , Williams , Clare, Forde and Bodin can all play wide right.

Clare and/or an other will surely depart.

Seems a bit odd though - Henry , Williams , Clare, Forde and Bodin can all play wide right.

Clare and/or an other will surely depart.

Forde can play in the centre and anywhere down the right though, with the formation we play he covers about 4 different positions.

All OUFC player contracts now come with an obligatory clause ; All players must be willing to fill the role of left back. Any player not fulfilling this role will be subject to post match mention.

Sensible signing, still think we haven't seen the best of him yet, be it run of games, but I still think he will play a big part.

Would rather it was Lofthouse *
That’s assuming he hasn’t already signed and we are keeping back for future news.
I hope Lofthouse has signed the contract he's been offered too -( as well as Forde & Chambers -Parillion)... what Ive seen of him , he has serious potential

I think this is a good move. Forde can cover lots of positions and do pretty well in them.

I’m quite happy forde has signed a new contract he’s never really let us down and covers loads of positions in the squad decent player to have around the team

Back
Top Bottom