International News Black Lives Matter

The problem now with him being suspended he will be labelled as a racist, irrespective of it being tweeted during his adolescent years. It’s a stigma.
He hasn't been banned for the tweets, he's been suspended pending an investigation (I know you put Suspended Bazzer, just reaffirming the point). This is how the ECB operates, look at Stokes missing the last Ashes tour when he was facing a court case for example.

I will be shocked if this ends his International career, I fully expect him to be available for selection for the India series later in the summer. The ECB are always proactive with this kind of thing.

What does need explaining, however, is how we're the ECB caught out by this?

The problem now with him being suspended he will be labelled as a racist, irrespective of it being tweeted during his adolescent years. It’s a stigma.

We have all done stupid things in our teens/adolesence fortunately for most of us they are not preserved for posterity on the web!

Does that make him A: Racist. B: Sexist C: Stupid.

I`ll go with C.

He`s learnt & apologised so move on or carry on with the witch hunt..........

Still trying to fathom what those intending to boo are actually hoping to achieve....aside from drawing attention to a subject that makes them feel uncomfortable and they would rather see swept under the carpet that is......oh and making themselves look rather silly into the bargain.
They dont look silly at all we have had the take the knee the whole football season people are sick of it now and see it as political .

We have all done stupid things in our teens/adolesence fortunately for most of us they are not preserved for posterity on the web!

Does that make him A: Racist. B: Sexist C: Stupid.

I`ll go with C.

He`s learnt & apologised so move on or carry on with the witch hunt..........
For me the question is what kind of a person is he now? Who knows what his influences were at the age of 18 /19 or how broad an experience he had of life then? If those who know him now says he doesn't hold those views it counts far more to me than the views of anyone who doesn't know him.

For me the question is what kind of a person is he now? Who knows what his influences were at the age of 18 /19 or how broad an experience he had of life then? If those who know him now says he doesn't hold those views it counts far more to me than the views of anyone who doesn't know him.

We agree.

I can safely say I did not have a broad experience of life at that age....... thought I did but.... !!

• React
Reactions: QR
So are you saying they aren’t really racists? I don’t believe that for a minute.
i would say some maybe even most arent.Ive had loads of abuse from being called a jew and the n word to saying my whole family should die.Of course i couldnt give a s**t what anyone says so it had no effect.Although i thought the person using the n word was a vile c**t.
my experience was that they would say anything they could to try to get a reaction and would often try things in turn and if they felt it wasnt working go on to the next most horrible thing.

They dont look silly at all we have had the take the knee the whole football season people are sick of it now and see it as political .
That’s like trying to make Remembrance Day political.
We’ve been marking that day for over 100 years out of respect, and as far as I’m aware, nobody’s sick of it!!
Why can’t we continue to show respect with this simple gesture that shows solidarity against racism?

i would say some maybe even most arent.Ive had loads of abuse from being called a jew and the n word to saying my whole family should die.Of course i couldnt give a s**t what anyone says so it had no effect.Although i thought the person using the n word was a vile c**t.
my experience was that they would say anything they could to try to get a reaction and would often try things in turn and if they felt it wasnt working go on to the next most horrible thing.
An interesting perspective. But I’d say that if a person abuses someone because he/she is a Jew or uses the n word there’s a pretty good chance that that person is a racist. The police and the courts would probably think the same way.

An interesting perspective. But I’d say that if a person abuses someone because he/she is a Jew or uses the n word there’s a pretty good chance that that person is a racist. The police and the courts would probably think the same way.
They are just looking for a reaction,they will say anything.

That’s like trying to make Remembrance Day political.
We’ve been marking that day for over 100 years out of respect, and as far as I’m aware, nobody’s sick of it!!
Why can’t we continue to show respect with this simple gesture that shows solidarity again
we dont honour rememberance day ever damn game we had the whole season to show solidarity gesture .

we dont honour rememberance day ever damn game we had the whole season to show solidarity gesture .
For about 10 years now, Football clubs up and down the country have lined up (Every Match!!) and meaninglessly shock hands with each other in a choreographed display before the game, in an attempt to give it the spectacle of a World Cup Final.

Why not drop real nonsense like that and continue the far more positive message of taking the knee in support of Friends, Family, Team Mates, Colleagues and Humanity in general?

For about 10 years now, Football clubs up and down the country have lined up (Every Match!!) and meaninglessly shock hands with each other in a choreographed display before the game, in an attempt to give it the spectacle of a World Cup Final.

Why not drop real nonsense like that and continue the far more positive message of taking the knee in support of Friends, Family, Team Mates, Colleagues and Humanity in general?
I think the shaking of hands is to demonstrate sportsmanship and respect, which is arguably much more relevant to the sport of football than kneeling to support humanity "in general".

Interesting insight. Sounds as if you've received unpleasant abuse based both on being a black person (I assume, as the 'n' word is used) and a Jew. So are you in fact a black skinned Jew, or just one or the other, or perhaps neither? People who shout such inane abuse are probably uneducated and generally ignorant, so perhaps they're unable to make their abuse coherent and just seek physical reactions instead?

Back
Top Bottom