National News Boris Johnson successor

It all seems one way traffic at the moment. I’m not defending what he appears to have done.
I can’t imagine all the other parties are squeaky clean though.
I am just curious as to why wait a year before footage appears in the left wing press. Could it be because five by elections are coming up and that way any potential damage would be done with the likelihood of causing terminal damage at the general election that might well be in 2023? Will it end up being like the government of Gordon Brown that hung on until 2010, or agin like Callaghan’s one that dithered until 1979 until it’s inevitable defeat at the hands of Thatcher in 1979?

It all seems one way traffic at the moment. I’m not defending what he appears to have done.
I am just curious as to why wait a year before footage appears in the left wing press. Could it be because five by elections are coming up and that way any potential damage would be done with the likelihood of causing terminal damage at the general election that might well be in 2023? Will it end up being like the government of Gordon Brown that hung on until 2010, or agin like Callaghan’s one that dithered until 1979 until it’s inevitable defeat at the hands of Thatcher in 1979?

Is it fair to say 'the left wing press'?

Seems pretty across the board to me.

Questions on timing are perfectly valid of course.

The left wing press? I’ve been looking for that. Could you tell me which titles are left wing, rather than owned by Tory billionaires?

The Tories need someone who can come in and steady the ship. They could do worse than give it Harry Redknapp until the end of the next budget. The public would forgive him for awarding PPE contracts to his dog so long as he did the odd interview about trade deals through his car window.

Come, come....

This is 2021, do you not understand that only one person/side/party can be guilty of doing anything wrong and to even suggest that similar indiscretions may have occurred elsewhere is met with outrage and pictures of squirrels.

You must appreciate that while the entire conservative membership were indulging in a mass drug-fuelled orgy, Not one instance of two or more members of any other political party loitering at their perfectly socially distanced desks a moment longer than their work required at any point last December to share a conversation, food item or drink occurred.

Similarly, everyone at Yorkshire cricket club is a pitchfork wielding member of the KKK, ritually sacrificing any non-white who expresses an interest in cricket, while the other 17 counties are bastions of inclusion and equality.

Balance? Perspective? Nah, forget that, we've got an outrage fuelled narrative to peddle

Oh, and timing????

I hope that it IS based around something as mundane as by elections, because if there is any suggestion that it has been done to undermine government messaging on tightening restrictions for Omicron then that would be tantamount to being manslaughter/pure evil wouldn't it?

Surely someone who claims to understand human psychology, and who saw how the public baulked at following restrictions once 'a senior govt figure' broke the rules, wouldn't be as careless to release information on 'govt figures' breaking the rules a year earlier, just as new restrictions are being introduced to combat the latest variant..... knowing that sections of the public will latch onto it to avoid complying and therefore compromising the nation's health.... would they?

Oh, and timing????

I hope that it IS based around something as mundane as by elections, because if there is any suggestion that it has been done to undermine government messaging on tightening restrictions for Omicron then that would be tantamount to being manslaughter/pure evil wouldn't it?

Surely someone who claims to understand human psychology, and who saw how the public baulked at following restrictions once 'a senior govt figure' broke the rules, wouldn't be as careless to release information on 'govt figures' breaking the rules a year earlier, just as new restrictions are being introduced to combat the latest variant..... knowing that sections of the public will latch onto it to avoid complying and therefore compromising the nation's health.... would they?
Shoot the messenger!

Shoot the messenger!
When the DHL driver doesn't deliver your package for a year, then picks a day when he knows you are out and there is a convention of doorstep thieves being held next door, then yes.,.. shoot the messenger/driver

When the DHL driver doesn't deliver your package for a year, then picks a day when he knows you are out and there is a convention of doorstep thieves being held next door, then yes.,.. shoot the messenger/driver
s**t analogy. If he didn't have a package to deliver on the first place you would have a problem. 🤷‍♂️

These allegations have taken a year to come out.
Why so long and who is out to discredit him?

The Mirror have sat on some of it until having maximum effect which is unsurprising being a Labour supporting paper.

It is clearly an inside job on the discrediting but who that is I don't know but don't doubt there will be plenty of candidates within the Tory Party. I'd genuinely laugh if it was Theresa May after Johnson shithoused her Govt.

Love the way that there’s a full on rant about how labour must have done something similar and that this has only been thrown out now because it’s politically advantageous. Of course they released it at a time when it’s likely to cause the most damage, that’s politics. If the tories haven’t shown the images of labour or SNP doing something similar, you can bet your bottom dollar that they can’t find anything, and it won’t be through a lack of trying.

Love the way that there’s a full on rant about how labour must have done something similar and that this has only been thrown out now because it’s politically advantageous. Of course they released it at a time when it’s likely to cause the most damage, that’s politics. If the tories haven’t shown the images of labour or SNP doing something similar, you can bet your bottom dollar that they can’t find anything, and it won’t be through a lack of trying.
Yes I’m sure that’s true. But even if they did find pics of a Labour Christmas party, it’s not quite the same - the Tories are in power, they are telling people what to do, which in this case was not to have social gatherings.

Last edited:
s**t analogy. If he didn't have a package to deliver on the first place you would have a problem. 🤷‍♂️
Perhaps, except that there is a package, designed by the van driver, manufactured using the shortcuts/practices dictated by the van driver, who also coordinated its misleading marketing campaign....he even showed them how to create this particular model on a trip to Barnard castle....

Have a look at the Daily Telegraph site. I would hardly claim them as 'left wing media'.

The three featured opinion pieces are:

The fairground attraction of Boris’s Number 10 suddenly seems to have lost all of its amusement value

Boris Johnson's overreaction to omicron variant is squandering the goodwill and trust of voters

The collapse of trust can be traced to the fatal flaws in Boris Johnson’s personality

Looks like his days in No10 are numbered.

Have a look at the Daily Telegraph site. I would hardly claim them as 'left wing media'.

The three featured opinion pieces are:

The fairground attraction of Boris’s Number 10 suddenly seems to have lost all of its amusement value

Boris Johnson's overreaction to omicron variant is squandering the goodwill and trust of voters

The collapse of trust can be traced to the fatal flaws in Boris Johnson’s personality

Looks like his days in No10 are numbered.
Overreaction to omicron?! Of course the more liberal organs would say he’s being too casual. Shot by both sides.

Of course his character hasn’t changed . But maybe his value to big business has diminished

Will our leaders 8pm announcement on BBC1 be overshadowed by happenings in Abu Dhabi?

Back
Top Bottom