International News Climate Change 🌍

Just think, COP26 was in November last year where so much was said on this issue. Now every Western nation is scrambling around for the cheapest barrel of oil going and some are even going back to coal as a resource. Greta Thunberg said it was 'just blah blah blah'. She was not wrong.

We're the most intelligent and yet the most stupid species on this planet.

Certainly the most selfish and destructive.

I pity future generations…. Sorry, we ruined it all for you.

I pity those playing in Qatar later this year 🥵

A strange irony that the WC is being played in a country where the wealth is generated by oil and gas that contributes to climate change..... and let's not even dare to mention the human rights, slavery and many deaths to build the stadia.

However, all those so concerned about such things will happily take their ÂŁÂŁÂŁÂŁÂŁ`s (other currencies are available.

A strange irony that the WC is being played in a country where the wealth is generated by oil and gas that contributes to climate change..... and let's not even dare to mention the human rights, slavery and many deaths to build the stadia.

However, all those so concerned about such things will happily take their ÂŁÂŁÂŁÂŁÂŁ`s (other currencies are available.

I work in oil and gas. Our scientists and leadership 100% believe in climate change and are committed to contributing to the resolution through our strategy. Whatever you may believe, there is internal commitment that using the profit from hydrocarbons (we can’t wean off them as a society overnight) can help to invest in clean energy infrastructure in the future.

I work in oil and gas. Our scientists and leadership 100% believe in climate change and are committed to contributing to the resolution through our strategy. Whatever you may believe, there is internal commitment that using the profit from hydrocarbons (we can’t wean off them as a society overnight) can help to invest in clean energy infrastructure in the future.
I see that with some OnG companies in Perth, but not all. It’s an interesting strategy choice for resources sector. Some of them are definitely doing a Kodak …

I see that with some OnG companies in Perth, but not all. It’s an interesting strategy choice for resources sector. Some of them are definitely doing a Kodak …
And similarly vehicle manufacturers investing heavily in alternative propulsion. Those who don't will go the way of the dinosaurs who provided the hydrocarbons to begin with.

And similarly vehicle manufacturers investing heavily in alternative propulsion. Those who don't will go the way of the dinosaurs who provided the hydrocarbons to begin with.
Some interesting developments in synthetic fuels this year - instantly compatible with ICE engines but no oil. I think the price is something like ÂŁ10 per litre but it has the exact same chemical makeup as petrol. Would be a good bridging option while we wait for hydrogen fuels.

EV is about to explode as the progress we’ve made and are making on infrastructure , as well as the quality of the tech means it’s going to become irresistible to customers

Yes Exxon and Chevron, the American big players, are more focused on hydrocarbons. The rest are transitioning

EV is about to explode as the progress we’ve made and are making on infrastructure , as well as the quality of the tech means it’s going to become irresistible to customers

Yes Exxon and Chevron, the American big players, are more focused on hydrocarbons. The rest are transitioning
How realistic is it that EV is a genuine long term option between the resources and materials needed to make them, as well as the massive weight increase compared to combustion cars? I saw a report a few months ago (I cannot for the life of me remember exactly where it came from, but it wasn’t a right-leaning hatchet job) that said if everybody in the UK went electric over the next few years, not only would the grid fail to keep up with charging requirements but any multi storey car park would need to reduce its capacity by at least 30%, as they would structurally fail.

My knowledge of the sustainability of electric as “the new normal” is very limited, so I am always interested to learn more. I’ve also been told by someone whose brother works for a major car manufacturer that their company has already started saying internally that electric is only going to be a stopgap for 10-20 years on the way to a new “clean fuel” technology. Basically a new type of Diesel that is totally man made and infinitely less polluting. If that were the case, I would be concerned about changing entire national and international infrastructures only to end up going, “Oh actually, that’s no good anymore, soz.”

As I say, keen to learn.

I'm not seeing much evidence that it's becoming irresistible to customers, most electric cars are corporate vehicles and/or out of people's price range. Charging capacity is woeful.

If it explodes it will be the push factor, not the pull factor. Then stealth taxing and in-built obselesence will ensure the green credentials of electric are entirely non existent.

Hard to believe people are falling for this con.

I'm not seeing much evidence that it's becoming irresistible to customers, most electric cars are corporate vehicles and/or out of people's price range. Charging capacity is woeful.

If it explodes it will be the push factor, not the pull factor. Then stealth taxing and in-built obselesence will ensure the green credentials of electric are entirely non existent.

Hard to believe people are falling for this con.
Spot on .
The only gain with EV’s is zero tailpipe emissions .

Spot on .
The only gain with EV’s is zero tailpipe emissions .
It just completely baffles me that people think electric vehicles are going to save the planet.

If you like the novelty gadget factor, have a home charger and some spare cash then by all means get an electric car. But we are being pushed into these things by tech companies and car companies who are trying to become tech companies. It will cripple people's finances. Their every move will be tracked. You will have to get a finance deal to buy one with monthly add ons for extra range, performance and features. You'll have to watch or listen to targeted ads before or during your journey.

And the worst part is they WILL be built to fail irreparably after a period of time or mileage. You'll have toget another just like your mobile phone.

By all means convert to hydrogen. Invest in rail structure. Ban cars from city centres. But for god's sake don't let the car industry pull the swizz of the century on all of mankind.

Back
Top Bottom