Sport Cricket - Summer 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would play Leech for Curran

And stick with Crawley but dropping Sibley
I probably would as well but I can't see the selectors calling up Moeen and not playing him.
Presumably to give the team more all round options.

Both England & India docked points (& fined) in WTC rankings for slow over rates in the 1st test - bit harsh given that it was seriously affected by rain IMO ....

I probably would as well but I can't see the selectors calling up Moeen and not playing him.
Presumably to give the team more all round options.

I think Moeen got Kohli out twice on the Indian tour, before coming back earlier than scheduled.

You need 20 wickets to win a match, and I like Curran his batting is consistent but not spectacular, but his bowling isn’t great imo. His height let’s him down, because he doesn’t get so much bounce and is more of a skiddy type of bowler. I think Moeen has a knack of getting important break throughs, but can be expensive!

Leach has shown he can shut down an end at times, but I don’t think he’s capable of ripping through this Indian batting line up.

Decisions Decisions. Hmm.

Broad and Anderson could both be out of the next Test.
With Woakes, Archer and Stone (plus Stokes) it will be interesting to see how we can get 20 wickets.
Robinson suddenly the main Engkand seamer?

Broad and Anderson could both be out of the next Test.
With Woakes, Archer and Stone (plus Stokes) it will be interesting to see how we can get 20 wickets.
Robinson suddenly the main Engkand seamer?
Would be a big blow but it's likely to happen more often.
Wood and Overton would come in with Mahmood as cover.

1) Burns
2) Hameed
3) Bairstow
4) Root
5) Pope
6) Buttler
7) Moeen
8) Curran
9) Wood
10) Broad
11) Anderson

I want to put Robinson in there, but we need runs as well as wickets. Take Wood out for Robinson then.
No way you can drop Robinson after his recent performances. He’s one of our only form players!

Both England & India docked points (& fined) in WTC rankings for slow over rates in the 1st test - bit harsh given that it was seriously affected by rain IMO ....

I am sure they took the rain breaks into account - and while it does seem harsh, I think it's right that slow play is punished. I suspect that an on-field punishment (20/30/40 run fine per over on some sort of sliding scale) might be more effective. I'd like the umpires to tell the batsmen to get on with it at times - endless gardening, wandering up the wicket to have a chat etc etc doesn't help either.

I am sure they took the rain breaks into account - and while it does seem harsh, I think it's right that slow play is punished. I suspect that an on-field punishment (20/30/40 run fine per over on some sort of sliding scale) might be more effective. I'd like the umpires to tell the batsmen to get on with it at times - endless gardening, wandering up the wicket to have a chat etc etc doesn't help either.

Too many drinks breaks as well. Everytime a batsman waves to the pavilion for gloves, out come the drinks, they already have drinks after the hour. Crazy!

Broad out for the rest of this Test series ( calf injury) .... Question mark over Anderson for the 2nd test

play set to start at 11am today

England line up announcement 'imminent'

Pope sent back to his county as well, so no change involving him in our batting lineup.

Sibley keeps his place as opener !

England - 2nd test
Rory Burns, Dom Sibley, Haseeb Hameed, Joe Root (capt), Jonny Bairstow, Jos Buttler (wk), Moeen Ali, Sam Curran, Ollie Robinson, Mark Wood, James Anderson.

India 46-0 from 18.4 overs, at lunch ( after play stopped 'early' due to rain)

need a break through wicket when play restarts - Ive a feeling if England can get one, they'll get a few more

Solid batting from India.

I’d have batted first If I were Root but can see why he bowled first.

Would have given Anderson more rest time too

KL Rahul appears to have contracted Sibleyitis.

16 from 92. Sibleyitis doesn’t appear too contagious though and he appears to have a mild dose of it as he’s still batting.

Jimmy takes the first wicket 126-1 Sharma goes for 83 from 145 balls.

Floodlights are on.... must be Summer!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom