Sport Cricket: Winter 2020/2021

Bit of a clatter of wickets, 205/5, although India still going along at 5 an over. 10 to go.

51-0 after 6.3 so decent start to the chase.

137 for 2 after just 16 overs.
If we are not bowled out we should cruise this

If Kholi had not dropped Morgan first ball in the slips it would have been a bit of a crisis going on, need to calm down then go again. Ours to lose.

No wheels on my wagon and I`m not rolling along, those Cherokees are after me arrows flying........... :ROFLMAO:

England got themselves miles ahead of the rate initially. They could have steadied it in the middle overs and been less aggressive. It’s not their mindset to do that, I guess.

England got themselves miles ahead of the rate initially.
We are still 40 ahead of where the Indians were at the same stage, such was our start. Frustrating defeat when it's confirmed.

Very poor by England to lose this from the position Roy and Bairstow for us in.

I’m not impressed by certain sections of the team.

For me, I’m not impressed by Morgan’s batting lately. Billings has been around years and never really produced.

Also T Curran. If he’s England quality, then it raises big questions or the talent at England’s disposal.

Mo Ali is also in that group. Another easy pick for England and Morgan.

Id have Root in that team all day long and twice on a Sunday. He’d have steadied it all down and knocked it around and like old school ODI’s picked up a run a ball for 10-15 overs. Add that in with the start we had, we win that game more often than not.

Yes you can often do with a steady player coming in at 3 or 4 in an ODI who can build an innings and knock the ball around, getting easy singles, going for a run a ball and stopping the bowlers putting too much pressure on.

Id have Root in that team all day long and twice on a Sunday. He’d have steadied it all down and knocked it around and like old school ODI’s picked up a run a ball for 10-15 overs. Add that in with the start we had, we win that game more often than not.
I think Root would normally be in the ODI team, wouldn't he? He has gone home for a break.

Pity the middle order was so poor without him. Again.

Back
Top Bottom