3rd Test England V Australia - Headingley

I expect an unchanged XI, unless Roy can’t play due to concussion, in which Pope will come in and probably bat at 4 with Denly moving to three.

Burns has looked solid so far in this series, hopefully Root can get a score too and Archer can continue doing well with the ball.

The Aussies didn’t miss Smith too much in their second innings at Lord’s, but him missing a whole test match is a complete different picture. England will win.

Told you

Absolutely brilliant. They didn't really have a cat's chance in hell, and when they needed 75 or so to win with the last wicket it was less than that! Well done Ben Stokes and Jack Leach - incredible stuff. Anyone who ever hears someone say test cricket is boring can point them at this match and be proved definitively wrong! I'm glad there are 10 days before the next one: never mind the players - I need the recovery time!

I listened to it on TMS.

The tension was unbearable.

Hats off to Aggers commentary for the final 2 or 3 overs.

Alistair Cook said it was the greatest ever test match innings by an Englishman. A big call but he could well be right especially when you take into account the context of the match and the series.

I still believe that we'll pull off a very unlikely victory! Root is batting like he used to before becoming captain, and Stokes is showing huge discipline. 200 odd runs is still a massive ask, but get through to lunch without losing a wicket and we might just have the upper hand.
Told you!!!

Dom Sibley for Jason Roy and Ben Foakes for Jos Buttler then only changes i'd make. Move Stokes to 4 aswell.
Think thats fair. Denly scored a 50 which has saved him. But I don't think there will be any changes after that win. If thats the case its just papering over some very large cracks. Magnificent from Stokes and some of the idiots who got themselves out owe him beers for life and their places in the team(probably)
Talking of changes. If Anderson is fit he will come in on his home ground. Probably in place of Woakes.

Think thats fair. Denly scored a 50 which has saved him. But I don't think there will be any changes after that win. If thats the case its just papering over some very large cracks. Magnificent from Stokes and some of the idiots who got themselves out owe him beers for life and their places in the team(probably)
Talking of changes. If Anderson is fit he will come in on his home ground. Probably in place of Woakes.

Didn't they call up Ollie Pope when Roy was at risk of concussion so I suspect he is the next batsman waiting in the wings. Buttler will remain in the team as well imo.

Gutted to have missed out on watching this. The tension must have been immense. Nothing beats seeing this type of sporting outcome in ‘real time’. Bloody family wedding.

Back
Top Bottom