4th Test England V Australia - Old Trafford

Can Bairstow and Buttler carry England through ? ... big ask though it is

As Denly trudged off after his plucky 50 Botham said something like ‘Unlucky from the makeshift opener’. One has to ask what are we doing with a f#cking makeshift opener in thef#cking ashes??! Excuse my french....

from small acorns etc .... England reach 100 runs in the 2nd innings..... small steps, small attainable targets ... and a huge helping of staying power needed

Bairstow gone LBW on 25 .... still a few more hours to 'seeout' with only 4 wickets left :oops:

4 byes take England to 150 in the second innings .... take runs anywhich way they come.... more impostant to keep the few remaining wickets in hand for as long as possible, ideally till 7pm... or till bad light stops play

blimey! Overton survives a controversial shout .... not out. eventually .... England need all the luck we can get

Tea ... final session to follow ... remaining batsmen need to cling on to their wicket like limpets

Phew! another 'appeal' given not out

new ball in 11 or so overs- (though maths never has been my strong point)

That hurts, I had just started to think we might do it, don't think there's enough resistance left in the rest of line up to do it

Buttler gone now ... can or will the remaining tail wag till close of play? :unsure:

Archer's batting has been poor all ashes, that's surely game over now, gutted

oh bollox ... Leach up next ... just 2 wickets remain to stop the Aussies retaining the ashes! :oops:

the chase is less than 200 for the highly unlikely win

Cummins takes the new ball :oops:

Back
Top Bottom