Ashes News England V Ireland ashes warm up test match

only need to get another 70 or so I reckon ...problem is only 3 wickets left to get them

Dammit ... Woakes gone for 13 .... the chase is currently 127 ... not looking at all good now

a defiant stand by Curran n Broad would be welcome putting on 40 or so ...cant see it happening in reality

Watch me be proven wrong, but I think England already have enough runs on the board to win this.

There's a ton of pressure chasing a total in the 4th innings of a Test match. Looking to win your first ever Test match, against your neighbours, at the home of cricket, that pressure ratchets up a few notches. And the England attack is decent. I fancy us to roll Ireland over cheaply.

That doesn't change the fact that this has been a woeful Test match for the England batsmen, and in fact a woeful past 18 months for the England batsmen. I'm dreading watching England bat in the Ashes against this Aussie pace attack.

Curran gone for 37 , going for a limited overs type shot .... Ireland reviewing a Broad 'lbw' not given on field ...not out... England296-9 ... leading by 173 .... ideally need another 17 or more , unlikely though it is

Watch me be proven wrong, but I think England already have enough runs on the board to win this.

There's a ton of pressure chasing a total in the 4th innings of a Test match. Looking to win your first ever Test match, against your neighbours, at the home of cricket, that pressure ratchets up a few notches. And the England attack is decent. I fancy us to roll Ireland over cheaply.

That doesn't change the fact that this has been a woeful Test match for the England batsmen, and in fact a woeful past 18 months for the England batsmen. I'm dreading watching England bat in the Ashes against this Aussie pace attack.
190 would imo be uncatchable ...if our bowlers are all on form the current chase may be a bit too much, but ....

Broad batting like his dad used to... that 6 takes England to 300, and sets the chase at 181.... still 1 wicket in hand too, still think 190 (+)to chase should be too much for Ireland

Has been absolutely roasting here today at Lords — and now here come the thunder and lightning!

Has been absolutely roasting here today at Lords — and now here come the thunder and lightning!
'rain' stops play on the hottest day of the year? ... not yet it seems, staying on n play continues... for now

and a few mins later, thunder n lightning stops play!

Broad to bat most of tomorrow and set them 300+ We then have lots of rain interruptions during day 4 and then it fizzles out to a draw. Guess who’s on the draw at 12/1 ✅

Play closed for today .... best get there for tomorrows 10.30am start @SteMerritt , see a smidgen of England batting, as well as England bowling

If England add no more to their total, it would be the fourth highest run chase. Bearing in mind they scored just over 200 with the bat, do the the Irish have it in them to do that?

Maybe so. They should be delighted to have very nearly taken 20 English wickets in two days. If that doesn’t breed confidence, then what does?

Oh dear. All going Pete Tong now. Bairstow a pair!! And someone wants him to open in tests against Starc etc!!

If that’s a stab at me, I suggest you look at your precious Burns. Failed both innings too, I think I’d rather try the experienced lad Bairstow! Hey what do I know.

If that’s a stab at me, I suggest you look at your precious Burns. Failed both innings too, I think I’d rather try the experienced lad Bairstow! Hey what do I know.
I like Bairstow in white ball Cricket and as a middle order batsman in red ball. He is experienced thats a fact but I dont think he should open. Burns deserves a chance. He is an opener and has been one of the best for 3 years at county level averaging 43. That is top stats for an opener. Graham Gooch got a pair on his test debut in 1975 but went on to be one of the most prolific run scorers in test history right up until 1995. Why? Because he was persevered with.

It's sad to see Moeen's batting fall apart like this. He just doesn't seem willing to bat time anymore, and I don't think he is a good enough bowler to justify his place in the team. I'd love for him to get back to his swashbuckling best, but I just don't see it.

Burns is just incredibly out of nick at the moment and the England mindset is making it worse. He can bat time, but lacks the subtlety to get out of it. No doubt playing with Jennings didn't help over the winter.

Yeah his batting has gone to pot, but a lot of short memories on here regarding Moeen's bowling exploits in tests for England. Remember him coming back into the side during the India series and tearing them a new one? And that's with them being the supposed experts at playing spin. He takes test wickets at exactly the same rate as Swann.. and he wasn't bad was he?! His issue is that he is such a confidence player, and at the moment he seems rather short of it. Not excusing the horrific shots he gets out to sometimes - I find that as frustrating as anyone. And most annoying is that we all know he can bat, I mean you don't score 5 test centuries by accident. But I still firmly believe he's the best spin bowler in the country by a mile.

Back
Top Bottom