National News Extinction "Rebellion"

So you`ve fallen for the edited video clips showing no context then?

Wait and see the whole picture as I`m sure full footage will emerge eventually.

As for this plum......

"They told us they were going to arrest us on suspicion of being equipped to lock on, which was untrue - there was nothing we had in our possession that could have allowed us to lock on. They then took us and held us for 16 hours."

Perfectly valid arrest on suspicion, and then checking what they had took a while........... there are long waits everywhere. 🤷‍♂️

What about the members of Westminster city council’s women’s safety campaign Night Stars who were detained for giving out rape alarms at 2am (as they do most weeks) the night before/morning of the coronation because of "intelligence they would be used to disrupt the coronation"?

Last edited:
Hahaha. The Met never ever fitted protesters or people up. Hahaha. In some cases their undercover Officers even got them pregnant.
Are you saying that because undercover police officers have got people pregnant in the past, the decision to detain some protesters over the weekend must have been some sort of "inside job"?

Love the conspiracy theories. Have you got any evidence? You're the one throwing out the fruitcake theories.

Are you saying that because undercover police officers have got people pregnant in the past, the decision to detain some protesters over the weekend must have been some sort of "inside job"?

Love the conspiracy theories. Have you got any evidence? You're the one throwing out the fruitcake theories.

Here's a fruitcake theory for you:

What about the members of Westminster city council’s women’s safety campaign Night Stars who were detained for giving out rape alarms at 2am (as they do most weeks) the night before/morning of the coronation because of "intelligence they would be used to disrupt the coronation"?
I can’t comment on that because I haven’t got access to the intelligence picture. How long were they detained for? Was anything taken by police? What other intelligence was there? You get the idea.

Last edited:
Wtf has any of that got to do with the Coronation protests!?

You've lost your head!

Eaststanding's comment:

Nope, but I’m pretty sure the old bill did.

My response is the Met Police have made stuff up in the past and other dodgy behaviour with regards protestors, at which point you got involved.

Last edited:
I can’t comment on that because I haven’t got access to the intelligence picture. How long were they detained for? Was anything taken by police? What other intelligence was there? You get the idea.
detained for 14 hours (2am to 4pm) released on bail pending further enquiries.

"what other intelligence"? They are accredited Westminster council reps, who wear hi-vis and have ID, and hand out flip-flops (for women struggling on high heels at the end of a night out) and rape alarms. They are known by the police for what they do. So the police think they have suddenly gone rogue, and the women on a night out they are handing the alarms to are suddenly potential terrorists out to disrupt the coronation?
Absolute BS, this is exactly the sort of massive overstep by the police that was predicted when this new law was proposed.

Detained for long enough to not cause disruption then. For that period of detention to be unlawful you’d be saying that every officer involved in the detention process from arresting officer upwards is complicit in their unlawful detention. Unlikely don’t you think.

Detained for long enough to not cause disruption then. For that period of detention to be unlawful you’d be saying that every officer involved in the detention process from arresting officer upwards is complicit in their unlawful detention. Unlikely don’t you think.
You have no answer as to why accedited council reps who provide this service every week would be doing anything to "cause disruption" by doing the same thing in the same way?

As an addition - the Met are partners in the Night Stars programme, they do the checks on all the volunteers, they train the volunteers, and their logo is on their hi-vis.

Last edited:
You have no answer as to why accedited council reps who provide this service every week would be doing anything to "cause disruption" by doing the same thing in the same way?
How can I?! I’m not privy to the grounds for their arrest, nor are you. Stick an FOI request in if it troubles you so much. All I know is that the powers worked, no one got injured and the Coronation procession passed without serious incident. Job done.

How can I?! I’m not privy to the grounds for their arrest, nor are you. Stick an FOI request in if it troubles you so much. All I know is that the powers worked, no one got injured and the Coronation procession passed without serious incident. Job done.

Strange that you're not privy to information about the arrests yet you seem to know that injuries and serious incidents would have happened without them happening?

So how about the man using his two dogs as weapons? Both dogs shot & owner tasered after attacking others.

On SM folk are saying it was "overkill" by the police. 🤷‍♂️

The police have a hard job to do without so many people forgetting that, if you act like a dick, or "push the boundaries" there maybe consequences you will not like.

Like the Republicans van full of "stuff" - wasn`t long ago folk were killing others with vans & ceramic knives.............. and being fought off with tusks!

The police do their job with my consent and they have that consent on the basis that, inevitably, there will be one or two bad apples in the barrel.

Eaststanding's comment:

Nope, but I’m pretty sure the old bill did.

My response is the Met Police have made stuff up in the past and other dodgy behaviour with regards protestors, at which point you got involved.
It's just mad that you're taking exception to him essentially saying "they had intelligence and acted on it accordingly", but without any actual evidence whatsoever that anything untoward has happened.

You're telling us / suggesting to us that the police have acted inappropriately, but without any evidence of your own to support that position. It's really you that has to prove what you're saying with evidence. Not Eaststanding.

It's just mad that you're taking exception to him essentially saying "they had intelligence and acted on it accordingly", but without any actual evidence whatsoever that anything untoward has happened.

You're telling us / suggesting to us that the police have acted inappropriately, but without any evidence of your own to support that position. It's really you that has to prove what you're saying with evidence. Not Eaststanding.

Read the reports about the people with the Rape Alarms for example.

I'm taking exception that as the Police claim it, it must be true which has been proven to be wrong plenty of times. Hillsborough for instance has been mentioned today.

So how about the man using his two dogs as weapons? Both dogs shot & owner tasered after attacking others.

On SM folk are saying it was "overkill" by the police. 🤷‍♂️

The police have a hard job to do without so many people forgetting that, if you act like a dick, or "push the boundaries" there maybe consequences you will not like.

Like the Republicans van full of "stuff" - wasn`t long ago folk were killing others with vans & ceramic knives.............. and being fought off with tusks!

The police do their job with my consent and they have that consent on the basis that, inevitably, there will be one or two bad apples in the barrel.
"Like the Republicans van full of "stuff" "
Stuff that the police knew about in advance following the meetings they had, where no concerns were raised about their plans...

Well, you'll be proved right when they are charged eh.

Well, you'll be proved right when they are charged eh.
Maybe, but as you (might) know, the decision to charge is not based on evidence alone. So it might be the case that the intelligence did suggest that the protesters were preparing to commit a crime, yet no charges are brought.

Maybe, but as you (might) know, the decision to charge is not based on evidence alone. So it might be the case that the intelligence did suggest that the protesters were preparing to commit a crime, yet no charges are brought.
So the 6 organisers of the Republic demo have had bail cancelled and no further action taken after investigating officers found no evidence that placards and luggage straps represented equipment to lock-on. The Met have expressed their "regret"...I assume that to the Met "regret" is like the Republicans in the US talking of "thoughts and prayers" after the latest daily mass shooting.

So the 6 organisers of the Republic demo have had bail cancelled and no further action taken after investigating officers found no evidence that placards and luggage straps represented equipment to lock-on. The Met have expressed their "regret"...I assume that to the Met "regret" is like the Republicans in the US talking of "thoughts and prayers" after the latest daily mass shooting.
Fair enough if the evidence says there wasn't sufficient intelligence, then that's the case. I'd rather change my position when new evidence arises than blindly claim conspiracy in the hope that there is one.

Hopefully the protesters will enjoy their second bite at the cherry in about 20 years when we have another coronation lol.

Back
Top Bottom