National News Extinction "Rebellion"

So you don't mind misfeasance and oppressive policing if you happen to not like the people involved?
It's literally that I don't care. Not that I "don't mind", as that implies some sort of malicious feeling or enjoyment from it.

It's literally that I don't care. Not that I "don't mind", as that implies some sort of malicious feeling or enjoyment from it.
Whether you care or not in this instance is irrelevant.

Either you mind the misapplication of law and malfeasance by enforcement and governing bodies as a principle - against ANYONE - or you don't. It is really that simple.

So can we take from this that you do actually mind (even if you don't care), if it is indeed a principle you hold without fear, favour or prejudice to any that fall foul of it?

Whether you care or not in this instance is irrelevant.

Either you mind the misapplication of law and malfeasance by enforcement and governing bodies as a principle - against ANYONE - or you don't. It is really that simple.

So can we take from this that you do actually mind (even if you don't care), if it is indeed a principle you hold without fear, favour or prejudice to any that fall foul of it?
Take what you want from it, I'm metaphorically sitting you all down and very gently telling you I couldn't care less.

Good to see you find it funny Essex . . . I assume when you were give a "thick ear" by The Police "back in the day" you knew you deserved it for acting like a dick:ROFLMAO:

If you wish to bring a claim for wrongful arrest, it is dependent on whether:
  • The police should or shouldn’t have believed you may have been involved in or about to commit a criminal offence
  • It was necessary to conduct an arrest.
If the police could have avoided an arrest by making enquiries, then wrongful arrest may have occurred. The officer’s beliefs at the time of arrest can be scrutinized, especially where it was seen as unreasonable to suspect a person of committing a crime.

Highlighted the pertinent bit for you, as you seem to be finding it hard to grasp the concept ;)

All they had to do as @OUFCGav suggests was contact The Met to find out it was all above board and they could've avoided the embarrassment of getting it wrong🤷‍♂️

I guess it was just too difficult for them to do at the time....so decided to bang them up instead . . .

Absolutely yes.
Did it harm me? No.
Did I learn a short sharp lesson? Yes.

Job done. :)

As for the pertinent bit - " a wrongful arrest may have occurred"

And then you are into the realms of what the officers thought at the time and we all think differently.

Absolutely yes.
Did it harm me? No.
Did I learn a short sharp lesson? Yes.

Job done. :)

As for the pertinent bit - " a wrongful arrest may have occurred"

And then you are into the realms of what the officers thought at the time and we all think differently.
Yes - that's how it tends to work. You can't say a wrongful arrest HAS occured until the evidence has been compiled, presented and heard and a judgement made (which is the basis for most legal systems around the world, is it not?).

There will always be a may, but the very fact that enquiries were not made, as they could/should've been, absolutely suggests that worngful arrest MAY have occured.

Ignorance is no defence for anyone - not even the Police :)

PS -another qquestion about your own brush - did you learn from it and adjust your behaviour accordingly in future, or were there repeat offences? ;) :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:

I guess they must have had intelligence on her and using a stool to cause a disturbance.....

Although she must be one of the few people not to have heard of 'Just Stop Oil'. Sad that her day was ruined though.
It’s all fine - that was just collateral damage if you read some of the nonsense on here. A smack around the head, some verbal abuse and on your way would have sufficed. Modern policing eh?

I guess they must have had intelligence on her and using a stool to cause a disturbance.....

Although she must be one of the few people not to have heard of 'Just Stop Oil'. Sad that her day was ruined though.

The Met who were in control of the event have neatly attempted to sidestep the blame for the fiasco by saying the arresting officer was from Lincolnshire, so it's not their fault. The complaint is now against Lincolnshire police, not the Met....you couldn't make it up.

Still only 4 charged out of 64.

So they talk to Met liaison - in the meantime coppers are shipped in from all over the country to police the occasion.

Were they told about the arrangements? Doubt it.

The foot soldiers rarely get told the detail.

Can you use a luggage strap to "lock on"? I have no idea but it seems the professional protesters can use many things to do such from superglue to concrete.

Me? I would just pull really hard until something gives way.... like the French police do. :)

Nothing "sinister" about suspicion is there?

The Met who were in control of the event have neatly attempted to sidestep the blame for the fiasco by saying the arresting officer was from Lincolnshire, so it's not their fault. The complaint is now against Lincolnshire police, not the Met....you couldn't make it up.

Still only 4 charged out of 64.

Told you this on Tuesday.

You can be arrested "on suspicion" but it doesn`t follow that you will be charged with anything...............

Told you this on Tuesday.

You can be arrested "on suspicion" but it doesn`t follow that you will be charged with anything...............
Well the "suspicion" for some appears they were stood in the wrong place, for others that the night before the coronation and every weekend previously for the previous x years they were conspiring to make rape alarms available. The bar for suspicion seems to be worryingly low.
There also seems to have been a very convenient detainment time period involved which suggests actually there was no intelligence or real reason.

Arrested "on suspicion" , after an investigation that suspicion wasn`t proven so released.

Sorry it took a while, we were busy. 🤷‍♂️

You are going to watch an Oxford game, police arrest you "on suspicion", after an investigation that suspicion wasn't proven so released 16 hours later.

Sorry it took while, we were busy and tough that you missed the match you had paid for whilst your following day is screwed up as well.

What was the suspicion based on? When you realising the was no reason for any suspicion you see how dark this is.

Must be non-existent vague reasons for suspicion considering the low number of charges to arrests.

Back
Top Bottom