Transfer News January 2021/22 Transfer Window

If it's Browne it's a fantastic signing Avery strong player in this league and there will be goals from him or created by him. A big plus and more class to come in. And still maybe 2 out

100% agree that it will be a fantastic signing. Fits the bill of being able to go up a level but needs to be seen as a longer term signing and he is not likely to hit the floor running immediately. Browne permanently is fantastic business IMO

Re Marcus Browne: Perhaps he isn't fit right now? But we need to look at the bigger picture here. This is rumoured to be a permanent signing, so perhaps give him all summer to get 100% fit, and then, at last, we have a permanent attacking left-winger, instead of relying on loans.

When fit and flying, Marcus Browne is a bloody good player. His injuries are a worry but there is no doubting that he is class.
A permanent deal would be a real statement of intent.

Wasn't MB reported to be at our training ground so expect he has already been given a bit of a once over to support a bid.

If he's still the player we had on the last two occasions then this can't be anything but an excellent signing. He also plays with a bit more power than our other wide players - which we lack at key moments.

We have to trust that the club have done all the necessary fitness checks. This will no doubt be an expensive signing and so all the more reason to have done it properly.

The question mark is his fitness, but handle his recovery right & I think we’ve got a terrific player.
That is perilously close to 'if we can get him fit, he will be one of the best in the league'!

I wonder how fit he actually is? If Charlton were even considering loaning him in, then you'd have to think he isn't *that* far off?

If Crewe go down get a bet on him for top scorer in league two next season.
Are you serious?
He may get a few and I hope that he does well, but he has shown little to suggest that he will score 20+ in a season.

Totally not ITK, and you'd have to ask Scotchers, but my guess is that he wasn't referring at all to Gillingham (you're right...that would make no sense). However, if (a BIG IF) we have spent a massive amount on the two we're supposed to have signed, I wouldn't want news of that getting to the agents of those who we're still trying to land. "Hold out for more money, my friend; they've got more cash than sense".
I appreciate not wanting to tip your hand, but if we have signed players and won't announce them until Monday - and this means we can't rely on their services against Gillingham - then we need to get out of our own heads.

On another note, Browne is a serious upgrade on Cooper and great to have a permanent addition if it happens.

Back
Top Bottom