Transfer Window January 2024 Transfer Window Thread

Rate The Window So Far

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Clever move re; Edwards - frees up a loan space and gives us first dibs in the summer, should we want him. One more winger on loan and a striker and I think that'll be us, with GO'D and AEW leaving on loan. Des spoke about strengthening our forward areas and we have in the short term;

Goodrham
Rodrigues
Burey
Henry
Woltman
Murphy (poss. back Sat)
Bodin (back soon)
Harris

2 more added makes sense to me.
I wouldn’t count 4 of those which means we’d only have 4 for the 4 positions,which isn’t enough.

Scrolling through some of the comments on here RE Edwards is embarrassing, give the lad a chance ffs, Henry seems to have special dispensation even though he's been injured for 90 percent of the last 2 1/2 seasons and is one of the highest earners at the club and can no longer contribute on the pitch, at least Edwards could have an impact towards the back end of the season and beyond.

What's Henry got to do with anything?

Great piece of business in signing Edwards. I have a mate who is a huge Baggies fan, he rates Edwards and says he was never given the chance to cement a place there despite having Premiership quality. We have made a shrewd signing. He wasn't injury prone at WBA either before anyone asks.

Last edited:
I don't claim to be "ITK", and I am most certainly putting 2 and 2 together and getting 5 here, but on The Dub Des mentioned along the lines we have had loan players in the building, but are presumably awaiting parent clubs to sign replacements?

A few weeks ago Ladapo was allegedly spotted in Oxford, with a picture on twitter. Who knows if any substance was behind that.

Ipswich seemingly need to sign a striker or two this window, so it all adds up.

Probably nothing, but thought I'd share!

I wouldn’t count 4 of those which means we’d only have 4 for the 4 positions,which isn’t enough.
Henry dont count as hes barely a player anymore. Woltman dont get a chance but ive nit seen nothing special there. Think 2/3 more forward players and a CM and we are good.

Edwards what a great signing, if we are still around the playoffs end of March he could make a massive difference, I would have thought the deal will also be linked into having here next year ,absolute class player.

One who isnt good enough anymore. On a good wage. Should never of gotten a new deal. Would barely get into many league 2 sides

I can't imagine you'd find a single person to argue otherwise.

What's that got to do with Kyle Edwards though?

Henry dont count as hes barely a player anymore. Woltman dont get a chance but ive nit seen nothing special there. Think 2/3 more forward players and a CM and we are good.
Murphy and Bodin can’t be relied upon to come in full steam to the end of the season either,more likely that they’d need to be managed and or injuried again. That’s the 4 I wouldn’t count.

Is Browne out for the season? Not that you could ever rely on him but he never even gets a mention so I am assuming we won't see him again?

Is Browne out for the season? Not that you could ever rely on him but he never even gets a mention so I am assuming we won't see him again?

I think we will pay Browne up and release him. He’s as fragile as a china doll and will only ever have a career of play ten games - be brilliant and win matches on his own - get injured and then miss the next 30 matches. A great shame but he’s done, he’s the most predictably injured footballer in the country - you just know what’s coming. Very frustrating as he’s a genuine match winner on his day.

I think we will pay Browne up and release him. He’s as fragile as a china doll and will only ever have a career of play ten games - be brilliant and win matches on his own - get injured and then miss the next 30 matches. A great shame but he’s done, he’s the most predictably injured footballer in the country - you just know what’s coming. Very frustrating as he’s a genuine match winner on his day.
He made 34 league apps for us last season, 29 of which were starts, totalling nearly 2500 minutes. He was pretty disappointing for the most part, but not sure that's a fair assessment of his recent fitness history.

He made 34 league apps for us last season, 29 of which were starts, totalling nearly 2500 minutes. He was pretty disappointing for the most part, but not sure that's a fair assessment of his recent fitness history.

Ok, my ten game span shouldn’t be taken absolutely literally and there will always be periodic exceptions, but you know where I’m coming from. Would you say he’s had a stop start career injury wise or a very consistent playing one ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom