National News Joey Barton

To be honest I find most pundits dull and lacking insight, having played a lot doesn’t always make them interesting. Not sure why sex would make a difference

Most football pundits are put to shame by the commentator/pundit on Eurosport's Ski Biathlon coverage. They don't just explain what has happened, they'll explain why and the nuances of different techniques. The 2 exceptions that stand out for me (and that I can specifically remember) are Emma Hayes (on men's football as well) and Steve Kinniburgh.

Sex would make punditry much more exciting to be honest!!

Garth Crooks waxing lyrical on the offside law while satisfying his bitches does have a certain appeal to it, but I doubt Jermaine Jenas and Robbie Savage want that going public.

To be honest I find most pundits dull and lacking insight, having played a lot doesn’t always make them interesting. Not sure why sex would make a difference

The obvious thing, for some, is that certain individuals tick more diversity box`s than people who can actually do the job better.

And that is widespread in the public sector as well....

The obvious thing, for some, is that certain individuals tick more diversity box`s than people who can actually do the job better.

That may be true, though its hard to say hecause better is so subjective with commentators and pundits (I find some of the new crop a breath of fresh air, was sick of hearing the same stock phrases from the same tired old fellas), but even if someone has been shoehorned in for a quota it seems unfair to say they're not fit to do the job.

They're not woeful, it screams of a bit of a tantrum, which ties with him also screaming "nonce" at people and generally hissing like a toddler

I don't know why people get all excited about football pundits anyway? The vast majority are useless and offer very little real insight anyway, including most of the men.

The game evolves all the time, and most ex-players talk about their era rather than anything relevant to today. I'd rather look at the work of analysts using actual data rather than hearing the views of Gary Neville, Roy Keane, Eni Aluko or Lucy Ward.

But to single out women in this is clearly misogynistic and is just part of a weird campaign by someone committing career suicide.

Not all posts are filled by white males? Heaven forfend!

I suppose it beats private sector nepotism and old school tie leg ups.

I don't know why people get all excited about football pundits anyway? The vast majority are useless and offer very little real insight anyway, including most of the men.

The game evolves all the time, and most ex-players talk about their era rather than anything relevant to today. I'd rather look at the work of analysts using actual data rather than hearing the views of Gary Neville, Roy Keane, Eni Aluko or Lucy Ward.

But to single out women in this is clearly misogynistic and is just part of a weird campaign by someone committing career suicide.

When every pundit and commentator was on the Gary Lineker strike, I can't be the only one that enjoyed watching the highlights without punditry more than with it!

And there it is, someone that doesn’t agree, automatically falls back on the misogynist claim.

It’s lazy.

Had her colour been referenced. Would those that question her role be automatically racist, too?

And there it is, someone that doesn’t agree, automatically falls back on the misogynist claim.

It’s lazy.

Had her colour been referenced. Would those that question her role be automatically racist, too?
Wasn't the whole Joey Barton argument 'how could a woman understand the man's game?'

Wasn't the whole Joey Barton argument 'how could a woman understand the man's game?'

Yeah, to the extent where the women are more qualified to comment on men’s elite level football, than men who’ve played at that level, according to those that get the gigs?
Yeah, probably.

Like i said, he’s got a point.

It’s lazy.

You might want to read back through his comments, but as you appear to share his view then maybe there's no point.

You might want to read back through his comments, but as you appear to share his view then maybe there's no point.

So had it been her colour, would that make me automatically racist, Scotch? 🙄

You seem to have made up your mind that I share the views of Joey Barton, so let’s see what you think of me because I think Eni Aluko is a s**t pundit.

Is it colour, race or sex related? Go on, label it…

Yeah, to the extent where the women are more qualified to comment on men’s elite level football, than men who’ve played at that level, according to those that get the gigs?
Yeah, probably.

Like i said, he’s got a point.
I'll say on a similar point that if you follow cricket there are a few female pundits who certainly have good insight on top level men's cricket, such as Ebony Rainford-Brent, gender has no bearing on it. Different sports of course, but to blanket all female pundits under one assumption seems a bit off to me. I won't comment on the specifics of the two mentioned, as I've not heard either of them, I tend to mute live games.

So had it been her colour, would that make me automatically racist, Scotch? 🙄

You seem to have made up your mind that I share the views of Joey Barton, so let’s see what you think of me because I think Eni Aluko is a s**t pundit.

Is it colour, race or sex related? Go on, label it…

It's got nothing to do with colour because neither Barton or you have said that all black pundits are bad.

There's nothing wrong with saying that you think Eni Aluko is a s**t pundit. Everyone is entitled to an opinion. But there are numerous male pundits that are bad, many that are awful and earning huge wages simply because they're a big name and nothing to do with ability.

However, he has said that there is no place for women pundits in the men's game, and you have said that he has a point. That is lumping all women together and saying that their views are inferior to men's. That is misogynistic.

Label yourself.