Manager/Coach KREXIT: The 'Robbo Out' thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's far more likely that they are in negotiations with at least one other candidate and are having to tread a careful line in terms of when they pull the trigger.

Genuine question, but why is that far more likely? Why do they have to be more careful than any other club, where he would have been shown the door by now?

Various thoughts from me more generally:

I don't think Robinson is trying to fail, but I don't think he knows how to turn this round. When we get to that stage, the blame shifts to whoever doesn't take the necessary action.

Scotch has clearly said he thinks Robinson should go. He has clearly said he voted in a poll as a joke. Polls on here don't matter.

Someone else somewhere supports Oxford and believes Robinson should stay. We don't all have to think the same. Get over it.

You enjoy life far more if you assume anyone on here other than UTO is not ITK. If Scotch gets offended that you think he isn't ITK and posts smugly in your general direction, don't worry about it - he's pretending to be ITK on a forum.

Don't ever offend UTO, he is ITK.

Senior players are now publicly contradicting what the manager is saying to the press. In the last week you’ve had Henry, Eastwood and Brannagan all come out and speak in a different manner to that of KR.

Arguably, those three are our most senior in the squad.

I don’t think anyone has ‘downed tools’ (apart from Fraud Murphy) on the pitch. Effort is there when the game is being played, but, people are not running through brick walls for the manager and there appears to be nobody that really has it in them currently to make that big tackle to really set the tone or change the course of a game.

KR has brought about his own downfall with the squad he’s put together. There are too many weak individuals, both physically and mentally. Having watched us home and away every week, I have come to the conclusion that I really do believe that this squad has the ability to see us relegated.

We lack leadership, character and personality in this team and I believe that is exactly how KR likes it.

You only have to look at his back room team…no leadership or anyone with the B*****s to question his methods. Shaun Derry tried and he was swiftly moved along.
I believe KR lost the dressing room he Matty Taylor left for PV. I think things started to unravel when Mous left but but Taylor was the final straw for a lot of the players.

Eastwood’s interview is quite telling. I don’t think it was quoted in the paper but he says something along the lines of ‘this is the squad we’re left with until the end of the season now. We’ve all got to get on with it’

As you say, KR has removed people with the backbone to stand up to him. The experienced players still at the club - the ones that KR thought were his mates, have turned on him. About bloody time. Good on them.

Senior players are now publicly contradicting what the manager is saying to the press. In the last week you’ve had Henry, Eastwood and Brannagan all come out and speak in a different manner to that of KR.

Arguably, those three are our most senior in the squad.

I don’t think anyone has ‘downed tools’ (apart from Fraud Murphy) on the pitch. Effort is there when the game is being played, but, people are not running through brick walls for the manager and there appears to be nobody that really has it in them currently to make that big tackle to really set the tone or change the course of a game.

KR has brought about his own downfall with the squad he’s put together. There are too many weak individuals, both physically and mentally. Having watched us home and away every week, I have come to the conclusion that I really do believe that this squad has the ability to see us relegated.

We lack leadership, character and personality in this team and I believe that is exactly how KR likes it.

You only have to look at his back room team…no leadership or anyone with the B*****s to question his methods. Shaun Derry tried and he was swiftly moved along.

The Eastwood ‘pretending we aren’t looking behind us, we are’ is as clear as you can get that KR is either on a different page to the players, or continuing to feed rubbish to the media that has dismantled any integrity and belief fans have in him. He does it with injuries, performances and now the reality of our form and situation.

To also have Henry admit we are in a relegation battle, Eastwood say the team isn’t as good as it thinks it is (who put the team together? This also ecetends to the manager who thinks he’s better than he is) plus Brannagan avoiding throwing his support behind the manager…it strikes me as a united dressing room, it just doesn’t include the manager.

Shame that the very people you would want in this battle have left the club.

My only suggestion on why it’s not happened earlier is that the manager they want isn’t available until the summer. So they’re looking for a caretaker until the summer and nobody who’s currently out of work wants a relegation on their cv. With hindsight they should have acted when Mous was here but I doubt anyone thought he’d get the Portsmouth job.

I agree. The word 'fixate' seems to apply to a number of Scotchegg's critics. I think it's because he had the audacity to change his view about KR because he wasn't 'fixated'. It really annoys me that the one of the forum's most reasoned posters gets insulted in the way he does. I'm sure my view will likely cast me in the happy clapper mould, not that I care, but I really do think that despite the completely understandable anger that prevail at the moment, there is no call to attack our own.
I agree
@Scotchegg is a reasonable and measured contributor

So 99.5% of fans want a change, what do the board not see? What can we do, not go or maybe turn our backs in games or before, half time or after, at this rate what do we have as season ticket holders say 5000? If we have no change soon we may loose half of them costing the club 100,000’s maybe more, I’m sick of it

The Eastwood ‘pretending we aren’t looking behind us, we are’ is as clear as you can get that KR is either on a different page to the players, or continuing to feed rubbish to the media that has dismantled any integrity and belief fans have in him. He does it with injuries, performances and now the reality of our form and situation.

To also have Henry admit we are in a relegation battle, Eastwood say the team isn’t as good as it thinks it is (who put the team together? This also ecetends to the manager who thinks he’s better than he is) plus Brannagan avoiding throwing his support behind the manager…it strikes me as a united dressing room, it just doesn’t include the manager.

Shame that the very people you would want in this battle have left the club.
So Eastw

You remind me a bit of those doom mongers who carry placards saying 'the world is going to end tomorrow', you see them the following week with the same placard.
I guess it’s not as bad as the ones who hold placards saying it’s their ‘birthday’ every day to get money handed to them!!

My only suggestion on why it’s not happened earlier is that the manager they want isn’t available until the summer. So they’re looking for a caretaker until the summer and nobody who’s currently out of work wants a relegation on their cv. With hindsight they should have acted when Mous was here but I doubt anyone thought he’d get the Portsmouth job.
Who's that then?

Plenty of decent managers uncontracted and available now. No need to wait.

I’d go one further. They aren’t just playing with fire, they’ve tied themselves to a stuffed replica of Guy Fawkes and thrown themselves on.

Tim is clearly a number-cruncher. Don’t get me wrong, clearly a very good one. But nobody in this club has the slightest idea of how to run a football operation, apart from Karl. Please don’t mistake that for me saying he does it well, but he’s the only one with experience. So it was all eggs in the KR basket this year while we crunched them numbers and sorted the stadium.

Little did they know, nor did I see it 9 months ago, Karl is a borderline crook within the organisation and it’s all starting to unpack itself on and off the pitch with horrific results and people climbing over themselves for the exit. Yesterday was the epitome of our last 12 months. Players unfit, 2 off injured, a dire, weak display in 3rd gear lacking any imagination or proper planning and a 3-0 home loss to a side we should beat in our sleep.

And yet, the lack of football people within the club with proper football contacts (excluding the owners who are clearly very well connected but detached from the situation) makes us unable to move quickly. The reason he’s still here is because they, like the team, are completely unprepared for battle and making it up as we go along. Until there’s a better idea, he’ll stay. But I get the feeling they’re really looking for that better idea now.
I agree with Swaby39’s statement that Tim is a number cruncher and a good one. I would hope he’s been calculating the numbers based on us being in League Two. That should give him a squeaky bum and this will surely prompt him to report back to the board.
Tiger, will not have enjoyed the game, he’ll have seen the complete dross served up and the reaction of the crowd. Hopefully he will be here to hand out a P45.

I agree. The word 'fixate' seems to apply to a number of Scotchegg's critics. I think it's because he had the audacity to change his view about KR because he wasn't 'fixated'. It really annoys me that the one of the forum's most reasoned posters gets insulted in the way he does. I'm sure my view will likely cast me in the happy clapper mould, not that I care, but I really do think that despite the completely understandable anger that prevail at the moment, there is no call to attack our own.
Agree about this Scotchers is putting a point of view over. I’ve had arguments with fellow posters on here fairly recently about when KR should have gone. @Leysboy wanted him gone a long time ago I argued back in May give him one more season, had changed my mind after the summer window, others changed their minds at Xmas some after the Jan window and some still want him here like Dick Walton and Falmouth.
But let’s not forget we are all OUFC fans but we will always argue even when we’re winning so as @gofish2 says let’s be respectful

So 99.5% of fans want a change, what do the board not see? What can we do, not go or maybe turn our backs in games or before, half time or after, at this rate what do we have as season ticket holders say 5000? If we have no change soon we may loose half of them costing the club 100,000’s maybe more, I’m sick of it

There were plenty of protests yesterday, fans leaving at half time, fans leaving when the third went in, fans booing both at half time and full time, chants being sang constantly in the second half and the banner in the SSU. That boo at half time yesterday was the loudest I've ever heard at the kassam and considering I'm not getting any younger that says alot.

If they don't sack him after yesterday then the only course is a mass boycott of the game. You can say its not supporting the team but its the only way the board are going to listen!

I agree with Swaby39’s statement that Tim is a number cruncher and a good one. I would hope he’s been calculating the numbers based on us being in League Two. That should give him a squeaky bum and this will surely prompt him to report back to the board.
Tiger, will not have enjoyed the game, he’ll have seen the complete dross served up and the reaction of the crowd. Hopefully he will be here to hand out a P45.
Can anyone at the game describe exactly what the crowd reaction was like? I watched the game on iPlayer and it wasn’t very clear. Was there an organised protest? Were Tiger and TW left in no doubt about the level of feeling? Apart from the mass exodus after the third goal went in…

Edit: Just seen your post OX14!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom