Matches Lack of supporters

They’re very consistent in that. They also have a great system where they take 20 orders while the chips are cooking, then don’t remember who was first or who wanted what, so everyone has to give their order again while making a run for the counter. Sometimes this results in them realising that they didn’t cook the other item, only the chips, so people have to wait again. Then they act really surprised when they’re out of chips having just taken a boat load of orders, sometimes before they’ve even managed to fulfil all of the orders they just took, which means some people can wait the best part of 20 minutes for some chips and a sausage. Then the cycle starts all over again.

It’s good that the process doesn’t haunt me.
Honestly, if we could pull together as a community and help Ozone Plaice to cook fish and chips, I'd take it

Let's dream big!

At the Wycombe game, I ordered a cheeseburger. There was only three or four waiting for food but after a few minutes, everyone was asked "What was your order?"

I said "Cheesburger" and was handed a polystyrene carton from the rack. Trudged back to the car behind the East Stand, opened the box to find a bun filled with salad - no cheese, no burger!

By the time I'd returned to the Ozone, the queue was out the door and across the aisle. Chucked it in the bin and the afternoon went downhill from there....

At the Wycombe game, I ordered a cheeseburger. There was only three or four waiting for food but after a few minutes, everyone was asked "What was your order?"

I said "Cheesburger" and was handed a polystyrene carton from the rack. Trudged back to the car behind the East Stand, opened the box to find a bun filled with salad - no cheese, no burger!

By the time I'd returned to the Ozone, the queue was out the door and across the aisle. Chucked it in the bin and the afternoon went downhill from there....

Ozone Plaice needs its own thread

Anyone mention the fish and chip shop..... that never has any fish and chips cooked?

And the air around the ground really stank last night.

If the toilets at the stadium become any worse, we will see Swindon children bathing in the corners of the urinals using the yellow bars as loofahs

The location is crap, we all know it. There is close to nothing that can be done to improve the site short of a nuclear device. (in my opinion)

BBL fish and chip shop is the way forward. Never had a bad one pre-match.

This made me need to do a sad poo. Sat on the bog farting away with my head in my hands, trying to block out the sound of people asking, “What is your order? Battered or plain? What are you waiting for?”

I can’t keep living like this.

The club can go a long way to improve things on a matchday. Although they don't own the stadium, there are still plenty of things within their own control. During the Eales "good years" he proved that so much can be done to improve the matchday experience, the marquee for example, and Kassam was happy for that to go ahead too.

Unfortunately it comes down to laziness and effort at the end of the day. I know they may be busy with a new stadium behind the scenes but are we really so potless we can't hire a member of staff specifically to improve these things?

You can mention all these things to Niall McWilliams as many times as you like, none of them will ever happen, it's easy to nod, agree it's a good idea but fail to act on it and hope people stop asking.

Noone at the club, away from the playing side, is pushing to make OUFC the very best it can be, and that's been the case ever since Eales decided he wanted to sell. I don't see what the excuse is since.

Edit:

If the owners really want us to be a top 30 club, then surely you would want to improve the budget. An easy way of doing that is improving the attendance.
If you knew, and we all know, that our stadium is an abject depressing place to be, you would surely be striving to make everything else on a matchday as good as it can be. Olly's Den has disappeared, marquees are gone, and with the Ultras gone the club haven't tried to add any colour to games (it's not too hard, or expensive, to order some flags in and put them on seats etc).

There seems to be absolutely no effort to entice people to attend, and certainly no further effort to keep them coming.

Last edited:
I estimate if we played closer to public transport, in a less-s**t stadium, I would attend at least twice as many home games. Maybe I'd even buy a ST.

The atmosphere for the Wycombe game was SO bad (for a so-called "derby as well) I'm honestly not sure I'll bother with another home game this season. Even our away atmospheres are rubbish these days. I won't write yet another rant about how much we miss the Ultras but by christ I miss those lads.

@WuTang the club should put you on a full time wage to run the Ultras group and get it back to its glory days, if you lot made the stadium a better place to be it would be a good investment.

I estimate if we played closer to public transport, in a less-s**t stadium, I would attend at least twice as many home games. Maybe I'd even buy a ST.

The atmosphere for the Wycombe game was SO bad (for a so-called "derby as well) I'm honestly not sure I'll bother with another home game this season. Even our away atmospheres are rubbish these days. I won't write yet another rant about how much we miss the Ultras but by christ I miss those lads.

@WuTang the club should put you on a full time wage to run the Ultras group and get it back to its glory days, if you lot made the stadium a better place to be it would be a good investment.
There's so much that can be done to improve things which are relatively easy, I'm sure there isn't a strict limited budget either.

Noone at the club has ever had the cojones to do what really needs to be done though. An unreserved East Stand for league games, a singing/flag waving area in the East, or even in the North Stand to try and drown out the away fans (imagine seeing that area on the highlights/TV, it'll make people want to be there!). You need to upset a few existing season ticket holders to make these plans in a certain area, we got so close one year but they just couldn't bring themselves to do it.

Edit: Season ticket holders in the singing area could also then have access to a singing area at away games too, which would improve both home and away atmospheres (just ask the away club for rows and seats in the central block and sideline those etc).

On a horrible wet and windy night like last night, having a huge, warm and cosy Supporters club would make one hell of a difference.

Hopefully any new stadium will not have the sh1tty freezing cold breeze block concourses which stink of p1ss and smoke. :D

There's so much that can be done to improve things which are relatively easy, I'm sure there isn't a strict limited budget either.

Noone at the club has ever had the cojones to do what really needs to be done though. An unreserved East Stand for league games, a singing/flag waving area in the East, or even in the North Stand to try and drown out the away fans (imagine seeing that area on the highlights/TV, it'll make people want to be there!). You need to upset a few existing season ticket holders to make these plans in a certain area, we got so close one year but they just couldn't bring themselves to do it.

Edit: Season ticket holders in the singing area could also then have access to a singing area at away games too, which would improve both home and away atmospheres (just ask the away club for rows and seats in the central block and sideline those etc).
Is there some sort of supporter liason officer who could negotiate with a former Ultra?

Is there some sort of supporter liason officer who could negotiate with a former Ultra?
Would be difficult to get involved these days whilst running a company day to day, and back problems has stopped me attending this season so far. Would love someone to be able to make these things happen though!

They’re very consistent in that. They also have a great system where they take 20 orders while the chips are cooking, then don’t remember who was first or who wanted what, so everyone has to give their order again while making a run for the counter. Sometimes this results in them realising that they didn’t cook the other item, only the chips, so people have to wait again. Then they act really surprised when they’re out of chips having just taken a boat load of orders, sometimes before they’ve even managed to fulfil all of the orders they just took, which means some people can wait the best part of 20 minutes for some chips and a sausage. Then the cycle starts all over again.

It’s good that the process doesn’t haunt me.
Just cannot imagine Ryanbirdio having to ever wait 20 mins for a sausage 😉

You chose not to go to a match that we played sparkling football and won 5-1….. and you don’t regret it?! Eh?
I’m probably weird but i was gutted to miss this game, I love floodlit games against gnarly opponents in the rain! Even if there are only 5000 there. But I don’t have to travel and can see that if you want to make more of a day of it our setup is dreadful.

What was going on with that muppet in the right hand corner of the JS stand, didn’t appear happy with the vocal support 🤔

Back
Top Bottom