Manager/Coach Life After Manning - New Manager Search

Who do you want as the next OUFC manager?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
And the separate post where you said Williams was interviewed...?
Like I said I’m not saying take it as gospel and not claiming to be the man that knows.

Just sharing some info I’ve heard and this first post seemed to have some accuarcy in terms of Crofts interviewed and at the time Williams not.

Apologies if it’s come across as I know everything and want to tell the world, because trust me.. I’m just hearing things and passing them on into the forum!

(Just thought the original info has come to be slightly more relevant than the others claiming it was Williams job on Monday and then Des on Tuesday)

No, it’s 4/6 Williams, 11/10 Buckingham. I was told Buckingham. Williams ruled himself out yesterday, but where have we heard that before.. 🤣😬

In fairness to Manning I don’t think he ever verbally ruled himself out, he just wasn’t sounding overly committed to his job at Oxford. In that statement from Williams and County I don’t think there’s a firm ‘I’m staying’ either. It’s a bit of a mash of words that sort of concludes he’s staying.

The Cutteslowe woman quote got me thinking about lack and cost of housing in and around Oxford, and the impact it will undoubtedly have had on recruiting our next manager/coach.

It’s well documented that it’s nigh on impossible for the club to get players to sign because they can’t afford to live nearby.

The same applies for managers who let’s face it are paid considerably less than players. McCarthy and Croft are only being considered because they could commute from London and Brighton respectively.

Williams couldn’t afford to move from his detached 4 bedroom abode in Nottingham to a bed sit down the Abingdon Road, so didn’t even bother with an interview.

We have however struck lucky with Buckingham, apparently he can move in with his aunty who still lives in Cowley.

Despite all this, for our Des the lure of Oxford is strong.

I believe his aunty has said he can have a bit of the rent if he gets the players in to do a few odd jobs about the place, Elliot Moore and Tyler Goodrham are painting the front room next week and Sam Long and Cameron Brannagan have already said they will lay a new patio when the weather gets a bit better. The haggling has actually been about what slabs to use, nothing to do with Mumbai, his auntie wants porcelain but Sam long doesn't think she has the budget for them.

Williams been backed into 6/4. Which is weird seeing as he ruled himself out yesterday 🤣. Notts will be calling him all the things we have been calling manning if that happens 😬🤣
The only difference is that Williams has been there 18 months, has been successful and lasted longer than 28 games. But yes, they’ll be peed off.

Buckinghams release clause being 700-900k does sound extortionate for us on the face of it. However we must have received between 300-500k from Manning leaving, if you look at it from a profit/loss perspective he will be costing us from 200-600k. By comparison we pay Brannagan more than that a year, not exactly out of reach for us.

Buckinghams release clause being 700-900k does sound extortionate for us on the face of it. However we must have received between 300-500k from Manning leaving, if you look at it from a profit/loss perspective he will be costing us from 200-600k. By comparison we pay Brannagan more than that a year, not exactly out of reach for us.
which makes only opening part of the stadium for an FA CUP match a bit odd IMO

And if he gets us up, the compo will be money well spent.

I don't believe for a single second that we have paid £900k - which comfortably exceeds the record fee we've paid for a player - for a manager.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom