EFL MK Dons..........

I suspect it’s an etiquette thing whereby this sort of request is always granted. We’d be furious if we’d had to play on Monday after Saturday because MK refused to switch. The club will lose money so would have refused if it was an option.

Exactly. There’s a set of protocols and etiquette that clubs abide by.

Not agreeing to a move ends up with bad blood for decades as “that club who wouldn’t move a fixture one day” to avoid two games in 2 days.

This is what you all get for being beardy prog nerds!

Why don’t you ask Nick Mason to move his gig back to 3pm? I’m sure he’ll be able to finish his three hour drum solo before kick-off.

([emoji6])

And those games couldn't still be Friday for TV because? they have + channels and never a problem before showing all championship fixtures

As I said above, the Club had no choice on this. The Monday match had to be rescheduled, it was then agreed that it would be on the Tuesday, but once MK was moved to Saturday the Monday fixture had to move like it or not.
The Club would not have chosen the inevitably reduced attendance and inconvenience to Club and fans.

And those games couldn't still be Friday for TV because? they have + channels and never a problem before showing all championship fixtures

Guessing they will be showing a couple of championship games Friday.

Another thing I've just seen is on Tuesday night when we are playing Mk Dons, Liverpool v Man United premier league game Is on the box so that will have a negative impact on our attendance.

As much as the wording of the article suggests we agreed, I imagine there wasn't really anything to agree to.

All other games impacted by the Saturday TV picks have seen the Monday games moved to Tuesday as well.

My issue is what's the point of bigging up the EFL survey results and setting a timed process of notifying the public of TV picks (https://www.efl.com/clubs-and-competitions/tv-games), and then just ignoring it.
Especially to this magnitude (8 L1 games affected plus the amended Championship kick-off times)

Last edited:
They've got 4 Championship games live on the Friday - 12:30, 15:00, 17:30 and 20:00.
Assume the rest on the red button as normal when not a Saturday.

So ticket holders who can no longer attend due to the change in date can get a refund, does that apply to season tickets holders?

Obviously not and i'm just playing devils advocate as it's an interesting point!

Another thing I've just seen is on Tuesday night when we are playing Mk Dons, Liverpool v Man United premier league game Is on the box so that will have a negative impact on our attendance.

Two team wankers 😊

that's my point they have sky red button so those games could have remained friday...when they have a tuesday game in championship all other games are on the red button.

yes i spotted the prem fixture too, subscribers of sky whose clubs now play tuesday miss one of the biggest games in football that formed part of their subscriptions.

As I said above, the Club had no choice on this. The Monday match had to be rescheduled, it was then agreed that it would be on the Tuesday, but once MK was moved to Saturday the Monday fixture had to move like it or not.
The Club would not have chosen the inevitably reduced attendance and inconvenience to Club and fans.
What about the quoted EFL deadline?

Ok, everyone, just look at this as a dress rehearsal for our promotion to the Championship, I bet most of you won’t be getting on the bandwagon when we have to play the likes of Nottm Forest on a Sunday at 12.30 lunchtime kick off, QPR away on a Friday night at 8.00pm and Reading on a Saturday kicking off at 5.30pm so we can be shown on Sky TV....
Sky have more power over football than the EFL, they pay their wages.....
Watching the yellows under lights on a Tuesday night is as normal as it comes, Bank Holiday or not, having less away fans will work in our favour as well as the extra day off, all that matters is the yellows getting the 3 points, NOT WHICH DAY IT IS PLAYED.....
Oh yeah, by the way, I can make the game either Monday or Tuesday.......!

Back
Top Bottom