EFL MK Dons..........

There may be as many people that are now either happy or ambivalent that the game is now on Tuesday, as there are unhappy people. Who knows?

Two team wankers 😊

Mk dons fanbase is full of them. It will be interesting to see what attendace we do get. Previous Tuesday night games have averaged around 6800 with the last one against afc Wimbledon 7915 attended but that was the 29th December so was also in half term.

This is not a normal regular Saturday fixture they have changed. This is Easter Bank Holiday Monday a very poplar day for football with often best crowds of the season. I would guess most families have planned their whole Easter weekend around this match. Exiles living 100's of miles away have probably organised a weekend back in Oxford to take in the game.
It simply should not be allowed.

Ok, everyone, just look at this as a dress rehearsal for our promotion to the Championship, I bet most of you won’t be getting on the bandwagon when we have to play the likes of Nottm Forest on a Sunday at 12.30 lunchtime kick off, QPR away on a Friday night at 8.00pm and Reading on a Saturday kicking off at 5.30pm so we can be shown on Sky TV....
Sky have more power over football than the EFL, they pay their wages.....
Watching the yellows under lights on a Tuesday night is as normal as it comes, Bank Holiday or not, having less away fans will work in our favour as well as the extra day off, all that matters is the yellows getting the 3 points, NOT WHICH DAY IT IS PLAYED.....
Oh yeah, by the way, I can make the game either Monday or Tuesday.......!
I'm not complaining about the TV concept, I'm complaining about the late notice and my annoyance is massively increased because I deliberately waited for the 18th March to pass (the written deadline for TV picks for the Easter games) before booking my ticket and accommodation.

If discussion on TV picks were still ongoing, a little comms from the EFL along the lines of "TV Picks for Easter Weekend are yet to be decided with discussions ongoing and as such, fixtures may be amended after the previously advertised deadline" would have been extremely helpful.

The common theme over the last 2/3 seasons has been the inept communication ability of the EFL and it doesn't seem to be getting any better.

Appreciate it's out of the club's hands, but I had been planning to come back to oxford for this and now won't be able to attend (living and working in London). Extremely disappointing. Fail to understand why their match was moved to Saturday at all. Surely just play on the Friday night, as opposed to the Saturday?

The silver lining is that they do have the day less to prepare, and have to travel. In the grand scheme of things, probably favours us. But doubtless losing out on about 2,000 bums on seats, and the associated revenues that would come with that.

As I said above, the Club had no choice on this. The Monday match had to be rescheduled, it was then agreed that it would be on the Tuesday, but once MK was moved to Saturday the Monday fixture had to move like it or not.
The Club would not have chosen the inevitably reduced attendance and inconvenience to Club and fans.

Irrespective of it being outside of the EFL`s own window for change?
And the Club statement "the clubs, therefore, agreed" suggests we had a choice to agree or not.
So the Club did choose the reduced attendance and inconvenience, just when things were going so well.

Appreciate it's out of the club's hands, but I had been planning to come back to oxford for this and now won't be able to attend (living and working in London). Extremely disappointing. Fail to understand why their match was moved to Saturday at all. Surely just play on the Friday night, as opposed to the Saturday?

The silver lining is that they do have the day less to prepare, and have to travel. In the grand scheme of things, probably favours us. But doubtless losing out on about 2,000 bums on seats, and the associated revenues that would come with that.
TV scheduling. They've picked 4 Championship games on Friday, and 3 L1 games that should have been Friday.
For whatever reason, it's the L1 games that get shoved to the Saturday to make it possible to show all 7.

Irrespective of it being outside of the EFL`s own window for change?
And the Club statement "the clubs, therefore, agreed" suggests we had a choice to agree or not.
So the Club did choose the reduced attendance and inconvenience, just when things were going so well.
No. The clubs were directed to reschedule the Monday match. What they agreed was when to reschedule it to.

This is not a normal regular Saturday fixture they have changed. This is Easter Bank Holiday Monday a very poplar day for football with often best crowds of the season. I would guess most families have planned their whole Easter weekend around this match. Exiles living 100's of miles away have probably organised a weekend back in Oxford to take in the game.

This.

Guessing they will be showing a couple of championship games Friday.

Another thing I've just seen is on Tuesday night when we are playing Mk Dons, Liverpool v Man United premier league game Is on the box so that will have a negative impact on our attendance.

I don't see why Liverpool v Man United should impact on our attendance. If you support the Mighty Yellows then you be at the ground supporting them (if possible) regardless of who is on TV.

I don't see why Liverpool v Man United should impact on our attendance. If you support the Mighty Yellows then you be at the ground supporting them (if possible) regardless of who is on TV.
More about those "Extra" fans who may have come Monday who potentially either wont worry about Oxford v MK on a Tuesday and or after a working day think nah i'll stay and watch man u v pool.

I’ve thought for a while, and for various reasons, that clubs aren’t too bothered about exiled fans.

For all the f*****g death and destruction going on around the world, we are talking about a game of football like the world has ended.
Disappointing? For some, yes.
Get a grip people.
Whilst the war is catastrophic, are you suggesting that we should forgo discussing any other life topic, for fear it is disrespectful to those suffering in Ukraine?
Let’s just shut the website, until such time as the war reaches a conclusion.

Back
Top Bottom