New Stadium Plans - The Triangle - Planning

Kidlington Parish Council will vote tomorrow night whether or not to object to the closure of Oxford Road for a few hours every other week, nine months of the year.

I think we know how they'll vote given KPC's utter contempt towards OUFC and its fans.

It'll be interesting to see how the KPC councillors who are also CDC councillors (Mawson, Middleton, McLean) vote. They've already demonstrated a closed mind towards the proposals and have shown predetermined anti-stadium views and have voted as such in the past so there would be little point in them abstaining unless they lack conviction in their beliefs?

I'd like for KPC to remember tens of thousands of residents in Oxford who have had Green Party and LibDem backed permanent road closures in the form of LTNs imposed on them. Their lives have carried on regardless, they still get to school and work and their hospital appointments despite their roads being closed at all times not just a few hours at evenings and weekends occasionally.

View attachment 16490View attachment 16491
Isn't this vote totally pointless?
Of course they will vote against ( not sure how the Greens will.justify it), as their whole campaign is to stop the stadium.

View attachment 16492
I still can't believe that residents of Kidlington are DRIVING into Oxford at all. They are right next to a train station, and have busses going to Oxford about every 10 minutes or so.

Have the council carried out a traffic survey at the times the road could be closed to get actual data for this stance? How many cars on average go from Kidlington to Oxford via that route at 2pm on a Saturday? Are there any figures, or is this just a rant?

Although I'm sure that Mr Middleton, being a green and wanting to encourage people out of cars, will of course be in favour of this as it will mean for a very small amount of time people will be better off using public transport, so that's good.

It would be hypocritical for Green or LibDem councillors to object to this occasional and time limited road closure when they and their local colleagues supported the imposition of LTNs.

Should any one get hurt by a car crossing Oxford Road before or after a game or be hurt by a crush caused by forcing thousands onto a footbridge, those councillors who voted against simply closing the road occasionally will have blood on their hands.

I doubt the majority of KPC councillors can see past their absolute hatred towards all things OUFC related.

Last edited:
Kidlington Parish Council will vote tomorrow night whether or not to object to the closure of Oxford Road for a few hours every other week, nine months of the year.

I think we know how they'll vote given KPC's utter contempt towards OUFC and its fans.

It'll be interesting to see how the KPC councillors who are also CDC councillors (Mawson, Middleton, McLean) vote. They've already demonstrated a closed mind towards the proposals and have shown predetermined anti-stadium views and have voted as such in the past so there would be little point in them abstaining unless they lack conviction in their beliefs?

I'd like for KPC to remember tens of thousands of residents in Oxford who have had Green Party and LibDem backed permanent road closures in the form of LTNs imposed on them. Their lives have carried on regardless, they still get to school and work and their hospital appointments despite their roads being closed at all times not just a few hours at evenings and weekends occasionally.

hasnt cllr Robey read the county council anouncemen, letter and both annexA and annexB re the Stadium on the Triangle - issued yesterday.?

Cllr Robey it seems is a puppet, being operated by someone ( or someones) with an agenda

Last edited:
Isn't this vote totally pointless?
Of course they will vote against ( not sure how the Greens will.justify it), as their whole campaign is to stop the stadium.

It is. It's the same as the parish poll in that it gives some of the antis a minor piece of ammunition they can use in social media posts or to send to CDC and OCC. Any road closures would not be at the behest of KPC at all.

McLean is the one to keep an eye on here. She abstained in the 7 September KPC motion to oppose the stadium and was the only KPC councillor to do so. If she so much as reveals any bias tomorrow, she'll have to be off the CDC Planning Committee.

Mawson and Middleton made their positions clear a long time ago.

It is. It's the same as the parish poll in that it gives some of the antis a minor piece of ammunition they can use in social media posts or to send to CDC and OCC. Any road closures would not be at the behest of KPC at all.

McLean is the one to keep an eye on here. She abstained in the 7 September KPC motion to oppose the stadium and was the only KPC councillor to do so. If she so much as reveals any bias tomorrow, she'll have to be off the CDC Planning Committee.

Mawson and Middleton made their positions clear a long time ago.

McLean voted in favour of KPC adopting an object stance prior to that meeting so abstaining then was too little to late for her if my interpretation of predetermination rules are correct.

Last edited:
As Colin has said, the project team stated that due to the stands being much closer to the pitch and the steeper designs, the seat furthest back in the new stadium will still be closer to the pitch that pretty much any seat in the Kassam.

the seat furthest back in the new stadium will still be closer to the pitch that pretty much any seat in the Kassam.
Considering the front seats in the East Stand are only about 8 yards from the pitch (as seen below), I find that very hard to believe, unless you worded your sentence poorly and meant the back seats in the new ground will be closer to the pitch than the back seats where we currently are?

1698849994008.png

Considering the front seats in the East Stand are only about 8 yards from the pitch (as seen below), I find that very hard to believe, unless you worded your sentence poorly and meant the back seats in the new ground will be closer to the pitch than the back seats where we currently are?

View attachment 16497

I was thinking that! Will need ladders to get to your seat!

It's impossible to build a proper pub. Pubs evolve over decades, centurys even and that gives them character which a pub operating out of a retail unit at a stadium will lack. Any new pubs are what you find next to Premier Inns.

It's likely the stadium will be cashless with e-tickets on phones only which is pretty much the norm these days.
not where i go it isnt

Last edited:
The norm for who ??? . you would be surprised how many it is not & never will be..
you could build a pub style bar in the stadium easy, not a Star Trek style thing, just like the self service tills somebody Manning them all the time because there always cocking up. might as well have somebody serving you a pint.
plus what's to stop underage people using it ???
mind you I would of loved it when I was 13 /14 ;)
well said @Scrongo, -most pubs I frequent are happy to take cash or card payment ( one or two are cash ONLY bar sales) .... good point re u18s too ... I don't have an app loaded smart phone with wallets etc - my basic calls n text mobile phone is more than adequate for making n taking calls/ Text messages... I have my debit card , and cash on me. TBH I don't want a 'phone' that's open to all manner of online hackers n scammers.

Suzanne McIvor has a letter in todays OM newspaper - banging on about the (lack of) footbridge and roadclosures, along with the usual speculative misinformation FoSB are renowned for, so Im told ( by my sister) - Ive not seen it myself as Im still boycotting the OM
Out of interest, did anyone find a link to the co spokesperson for the opposition to the stadium's protest groups letter in last Thursdays OM letter pages(26/10/23)?

As Colin has said, the project team stated that due to the stands being much closer to the pitch and the steeper designs, the seat furthest back in the new stadium will still be closer to the pitch that pretty much any seat in the Kassam.
Well in that case, I can only imagine there’s only enough room for three rows all around the ground. Should reduce the capacity to about 360. But thanks for the inside information.

Sorry, should have added any equivalent seat in the Kassam. So the stands will be bigger with increased capacity, and with significantly better facilities, but the viewing experience will be world's apart from what we have.

Robey is nothing more than a FOSB puppet.

Back
Top Bottom