New Stadium Plans - The Triangle - Planning

Maybe I'm being optimistic (not really my style) but perhaps what we're seeing is an acceptance that they can't realistically not sign the heads of terms and lease and therefore need the Planning Application to be rejected if they are to get their desired outcome.
You could be right. Maybe they've delayed as long as they possibly can and now have no option but to go public? Who knows.

You could be right. Maybe they've delayed as long as they possibly can and now have no option but to go public? Who knows.
This would potentially explain the 'what I do in cabinet is not what I do for my residents'. They approve the heads of terms and hope the planning fails so they can then reject the lease.

I don't believe this has been covered in this thread yet but another Lib Dem shows his hand ...

It makes a mockery of fans writing to him.

I think he has used the same guidance as Councillor Gant.

Genuine question does rush hour continue until well after 7pm around there? As this is a point Gant hammered on and I didn't believe it then either.

Why would somebody coming from Eynsham not go to Oxford Parkway via the A40/Banbury Road/Oxford Road as going through Kidlington, especially on a Saturday, would be the long way round. Or is he advocating only his constituents using rat runs through Cassington considering the Council dislikes this (LTNs etc)?

Football supporters shouldn't be using the railways either, especially at Hanborough as his constituents usage is more important. So much for OCC's net zero plan. So much him being a football man.

I think he has used the same guidance as Councillor Gant.

Genuine question does rush hour continue until well after 7pm around there? As this is a point Gant hammered on and I didn't believe it then either.

Why would somebody coming from Eynsham not go to Oxford Parkway via the A40/Banbury Road/Oxford Road as going through Kidlington, especially on a Saturday, would be the long way round. Or is he advocating only his constituents using rat runs through Cassington considering the Council dislikes this (LTNs etc)?

Football supporters shouldn't be using the railways either, especially at Hanborough as his constituents usage is more important. So much for OCC's net zero plan. So much him being a football man.
Using Hanborough station to get to Oxford Parkway is nonsensical, it involves changing at Oxford and going back on yourself essentially.

Such a stupid argument by Levy.

Plans Here

TO ADD YOUR COMMENTS TO THE PLANNING APPLICATION, PLEASE CLICK HERE.

View OxVox writing notes HERE.
View OUSP writing notes HERE.

I have written to my District Councillor and County Councillor and will write further to Liz Leffman and the Green and LD parties.

Having voted for both parties before, the behaviour of Gant, Levy and Middleton has put me off politics. They represent their parties and local politics in a pretty bad way in my view.

Using Hanborough station to get to Oxford Parkway is nonsensical, it involves changing at Oxford and going back on yourself essentially.

Such a stupid argument by Levy.
Probably knows it's nonsense but simply trying to put in an argument against.

I keep saying it, with 700 plus supportive comments on the planning portal, there is going to be quite a lot of annoyed people if this is nixxed by self serving politicians

I notice Middleton’s objection has been included in a general comment from OCC.

He concludes by saying that he is sympathetic to the plight of the club and would support them in finding a new home.

Just not one by you, Ian, right?

I'd accept Oxpens.

I’m fast coming round to the march option which prior to today thought it would not be required. Full County Council meetings are held on a Thursday and starts at 10am. I understand that the next one is in May and this would be a great opportunity for those who support the stadium and club pull together and march showing our support. We could march from Oxford railway station towards County Hall and show how we feel about the way the council is treating both the club and its supporters. Many supporters would need to arrange a day or half day leave as this is held on a working day. It would have to be peaceful, but noisy and well marshalled and maybe OUSP Ann Oxvox could coordinate such a march.

I notice Middleton’s objection has been included in a general comment from OCC.

He concludes by saying that he is sympathetic to the plight of the club and would support them in finding a new home.

Just not one by you, Ian, right?

He makes it sound as if the club can just simply find other land to build on. Simple!
And just as far away from him as possible. Is this the way that politics/ planning should work?

Did I also read that the planning for 150 or so homes near SB has no objections against it?

He makes it sound as if the club can just simply find other land to build on. Simple!
And just as far away from him as possible. Is this the way that politics/ planning should work?

Did I also read that the planning for 150 or so homes near SB has no objections against it?
He clearly has no idea what he's talking about. Again.

Back
Top Bottom